Author Topic: Things that You Wish Were Different  (Read 5889 times)

Calvary

Re: Things that You Wish Were Different
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2020, 04:10:36 am »
Thanks Dylan for making this!

However, like Alpha said above in response to Kiki, a lot of the feedback that is given isn't always taken into account or improved. Whether or not these polls are actually viewed and taken into account is the question. If someone would like to correct me on this, please feel free to! Regardless, these polls and suggestions have often been 'disregarded' to put it gently if there are critiques and criticisms involved.

I believe Alpha reopened their feedback poll and posted the responses of the anonymous poll so the public eye can view every response to find correlation in suggestions and grab the statistics from there.

If you could, Dylan, it might be a good idea to bring up the topic of a roadmap, as that seems to be what everyone would enjoy at the moment!

SpicyDirt

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2020, 04:19:24 am »

However, like Alpha said above in response to Kiki, a lot of the feedback that is given isn't always taken into account or improved. Whether or not these polls are actually viewed and taken into account is the question. If someone would like to correct me on this, please feel free to! Regardless, these polls and suggestions have often been 'disregarded' to put it gently if there are critiques and criticisms involved.

I believe Alpha reopened their feedback poll and posted the responses of the anonymous poll so the public eye can view every response to find correlation in suggestions and grab the statistics from there.

If you could, Dylan, it might be a good idea to bring up the topic of a roadmap, as that seems to be what everyone would enjoy at the moment!

The road map is a tough thing right now. We don't want to outright come out with a road map just because the dev team would like to keep some surprises for y'all. The topic of having teasers have been taken from my original feedback post and they are discussing that and seeing if everyone would accept that. Ultimately, it is up to the dev team on what they wish to show, if they decide to do so, and what they wish to keep a surprise. c:

Calvary

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2020, 04:39:10 am »

The road map is a tough thing right now. We don't want to outright come out with a road map just because the dev team would like to keep some surprises for y'all. The topic of having teasers have been taken from my original feedback post and they are discussing that and seeing if everyone would accept that. Ultimately, it is up to the dev team on what they wish to show, if they decide to do so, and what they wish to keep a surprise. c:

Hi Spicy! I don't know how much more clear to make this to the dev team directly, as many have mentioned it multiple times to the point of a headache.

The community. does not. want. surprises.

We got a big ol' 'surprise' back in 1.15, there should not be any more surprises, because people did not like that. I suppose it is up to the dev team, but I will make this clear as I have multiple times while on the team, and in the past and recent.

Whatever surprises you guys have, it is currently risking the current community you have. I appreciate the idea of a surprise, it's nice to sometimes toss out surprises, but this has been a constant thing, not just a rare or special occasion. As a game dwindling in numbers quickly, the development team cannot afford to keep doing these 'surprises' or deciding what they wish to show development wise. I will keep saying this until this game takes it's last breath, or until this changes, and community, correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Please. No more surprises.

l3irdie

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2020, 04:48:59 am »
I just want to throw this quote here again because I think it's still relevant;

I just want to chime in and say; it's that element of surprise that no one likes and I don't understand why that's hard to fully understand. It's a bit asinine and blissfully ignorant to assume the community (and not just the frequent forum users) would enjoy the update if the content they've been asking for isn't guaranteed and especially do not have faith in management.

I don't expect you to provide a roadmap because that really isn't your place ofc. However I direct this more to this dev team and staff. I don't mean this with any ill-intent and if I misword or make a mistake, please correct me. I mean everything I say with genuine concern and care.
But the community doesn't respond well to surprises and this should be very evident with the big update of 2016. It was very mixed reception and still is, but the majority as far as I can tell and statistically from my survey- people still miss aspects like the old maps. (my source)

Case in point. the community does not like surprises! and i think just a basic outline would do so much, it would allow players to get excited and to generate more hype and it would give time for them to provide feedback before everything is set in stone. criticism is good, whether it's negative or positive.

SpicyDirt

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2020, 04:56:53 am »

Hi Spicy! I don't know how much more clear to make this to the dev team directly, as many have mentioned it multiple times to the point of a headache.

We got a big ol' 'surprise' back in 1.15, there should not be any more surprises, because people did not like that. I suppose it is up to the dev team, but I will make this clear as I have multiple times while on the team, and in the past and recent.

Whatever surprises you guys have, it is currently risking the current community you have. I appreciate the idea of a surprise, it's nice to sometimes toss out surprises, but this has been a constant thing, not just a rare or special occasion. As a game dwindling in numbers quickly, the development team cannot afford to keep doing these 'surprises' or deciding what they wish to show development wise. I will keep saying this until this game takes it's last breath, or until this changes, and community, correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Another issue with this is what if we do a road map and people get excited over something then they can't put it in there. That is somewhat mean to get the community excited like that. I understand the desire for a road map, but having something like that could prove to be worse and put a lot of stress of the dev team. This may become plausible if it weren't really a road map, but just a very rough idea instead to keep the dev team relaxed and able to do their work without stressing about squishing something in they might not have time for. This would then just be teasers I feel like.

I do understand the community's hatred of surprises, but I must say that I am a bit saddened to see that the community doesn't believe in the dev team to create something amazing. Another reason the dev team would prefer to keep things down low could be because they want to prove to the community that great things can come to those who wait. This isn't an attack at you or anyone else, I just get a bit confused sometimes. Also, I feel like a lot of the community aren't as against a surprise as we all think - I feel like a lot of people are very excited for it, myself included.

l3irdie

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2020, 05:03:33 am »
I also think for all tense and purposes, this thread is as relevant as ever. even if it hasn't been actually responded to in close to a year.
I implore to just look through it and see the community and their responses, we're not a minority of people who feel this way.

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=66502.0

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2020, 05:11:08 am »
... We don’t even know who the dev team consists of, or if it even exists. This is my concern about how uninformed the public is. edit: typo!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 05:13:24 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2020, 05:12:36 am »

Np. And I know for a fact that your thoughts and opinions are being taken into account. And also, VortexAlive did in fact post that the staff are currently working on fixing bugs in the game. That is in fact the current "road map" for the near future.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2020, 05:14:54 am »
\I do understand the community's hatred of surprises, but I must say that I am a bit saddened to see that the community doesn't believe in the dev team to create something amazing. Another reason the dev team would prefer to keep things down low could be because they want to prove to the community that great things can come to those who wait. This isn't an attack at you or anyone else, I just get a bit confused sometimes. Also, I feel like a lot of the community aren't as against a surprise as we all think - I feel like a lot of people are very excited for it, myself included.

give the community something to believe in or worth investing in instead of hiding behind half a decade's worth of empty promises.
that is why most here don't like surprises:
because they either don't pan out well or are built up ultimately into nothing.
that is why so many leave and don't intend on coming back.

the trust that was being repaired has been shattered. all that is left are those that were entirely indifferent in the first place and honestly weren't too invested in the game's longevity to begin with. at least not in a proactive sense.

Np. And I know for a fact that your thoughts and opinions are being taken into account. And also, VortexAlive did in fact post that the staff are currently working on fixing bugs in the game. That is in fact the current "road map" for the near future.

that's not what anyone meant by roadmap.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Calvary

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2020, 05:15:28 am »

Another issue with this is what if we do a road map and people get excited over something then they can't put it in there. That is somewhat mean to get the community excited like that. I understand the desire for a road map, but having something like that could prove to be worse and put a lot of stress of the dev team. This may become plausible if it weren't really a road map, but just a very rough idea instead to keep the dev team relaxed and able to do their work without stressing about squishing something in they might not have time for. This would then just be teasers I feel like.

I do understand the community's hatred of surprises, but I must say that I am a bit saddened to see that the community doesn't believe in the dev team to create something amazing. Another reason the dev team would prefer to keep things down low could be because they want to prove to the community that great things can come to those who wait. This isn't an attack at you or anyone else, I just get a bit confused sometimes. Also, I feel like a lot of the community aren't as against a surprise as we all think - I feel like a lot of people are very excited for it, myself included.

The whole "get excited over something that can't be done" is an age old excuse I never really enjoyed, nor is it really an excuse. Many games, and I'm sure, countless games, have had projects fall through that they've planned on and stated publicly that was upcoming. Some things just don't work out, and what is a game or team without faults? It's okay to admit a project fell through, and it's okay to say something simply won't end up in the long scheme of things.

I'm not sure how to make this clear, but I think the community would be more satisfied with the idea of knowing something and the project not turning out, rather than not knowing anything at all.

I am not saddened by the community's sceptics, as their faith may have been drained after the 1.15 update with everything stripped away from them. It's not a lack of faith that the dev team can create something amazing. It's them wanting to know and be informed of what's to be expected, or what is being anticipated for the future. Are we expecting the community to tie a blindfold over their eyes and be led willingly forward? Surprises are nice, but being aware and conscious is so much better.

I know this isn't an attack, and I hope you do not take this as an attack either! I understand your perspective, but perhaps my perspective is a bit more progressive than others may like. I had a fondness and drive for this game way back when, and the only reason I'm speaking now, after long ago leaving the game and forums, is because I see this game on the decline, and no progress to show improvement. There is nothing except these constant 'surprises' that the community has constantly said they did not want.

I'm sure the there are a few who may enjoy the surprise, but I do believe the surprises really aren't worth it. Just be open. That's what a lot of people are asking for instead of putting a curtain over a project and waiting for it's release. We just want to know what's being poured into the game this time. I hope the dev team and staff take these words confidently.

Surprises like this aren't always appreciated, and you are taking a huge risk with providing an update or project to a community who may not even like it. What happens when they don't? Or is the 'surprise' a risk willing to be taken?