Author Topic: This game isn't dying, it's already dead: a proposal  (Read 12523 times)

Aureilius

This game isn't dying, it's already dead: a proposal
« on: June 11, 2020, 09:56:54 pm »
Why not just let it die?

Aureilius

Re: This game isn't dying, it's already dead: a proposal
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 10:01:20 pm »
To clarify: I dont mean this in like... A mean way?? I just think that this game doesn't have a community anymore, and thats the only reason people were playing it. It's like a sick dog- I'd rather put it out of it's misery than watch it flounder lmao

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 10:04:50 pm »
As sad as it is, I kind of agree with it.
I don't play much in-game anymore due to just not finding it interesting, and I pretty much just use the forums as a way to pass time.

Things aren't supposed to last forever, FeralHeart has had a good run, but recent events have shown everyone that the community and staff want different things.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 10:12:18 pm »
I have to strongly disagree with both of your statements tbh. This game is not dead as long as there are people still playing. It will take time, but I am confident that things will begin to improve very soon. Don't give up on it this easily.

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 10:21:18 pm »
I have to strongly disagree with both of your statements tbh. This game is not dead as long as there are people still playing. It will take time, but I am confident that things will begin to improve very soon. Don't give up on it this easily.

No one is giving up on FH, all of us are still here trying to keep this game afloat by suggesting new ideas and what not. I don't think anyone is actually giving up on FeralHeart, it's just becoming increasingly difficult to get an answer on our questions, and I hope we will soon
But like I said in my original post, it's clear the general community and staff want different things. (Some of the community do want the same things as the staff, I know, but it's still important to take into consideration everyone's ideas)

I wouldn't call the game dead, because like you said that would mean little to no players are active, but there definitely has been a decrease in activity from what I've seen in my personal experiences, whether that be because of people growing out of it or the game itself, I'm not sure.
This relates to the multiple other posts made in the past days, we just want transparency between ourselves and the staff team. We don't want to be surprised again, especially doing the WHOLE update as a surprise, doing that will continue to anger the community and then ultimately... make it die. Some small surprises will be good, but as a personal preference (especially when it comes to games) it's not a good idea to cover up everything until release.
It's important to take into consideration community feedback rather than just going along with whatever the head-chief has to say
No one with the same opinions as Aureilius and I mean this in a negative way, we truly want this game to strive, but from recent events it feels like we might as well just let it die

I very rarely voice my opinions on subjects like this due to lack of being able to construct good sentences (I have the IQ of a walnut), so I hope this somewhat made sense and sent my personal opinions and experiences in a way that makes sense

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Cilantro

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 10:31:30 pm »
How do I like a post?

In all seriousness I agree. If anything the upgrade and fh are doomed and are in their final moments. I’m sorry to the devs of the upgrade game, but how will you get players to come back to a game that people negatively associate with?

Another thing is the fact there aren’t many rp kids anymore. Kids on playgrounds don’t make believe things much, and instead Play on their phones. The game is 10 years Old at this point. We need to let it go

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 10:37:28 pm »
How do I like a post?

In all seriousness I agree. If anything the upgrade and fh are doomed and are in their final moments. I’m sorry to the devs of the upgrade game, but how will you get players to come back to a game that people negatively associate with?

Another thing is the fact there aren’t many rp kids anymore. Kids on playgrounds don’t make believe things much, and instead Play on their phones. The game is 10 years Old at this point. We need to let it go

I have to disagree again tbh. You all need to give the staff a chance to fix what is broken and only time will tell what is in store in the next update. I highly doubt that the staff plan on repeating past mistakes.

Cilantro

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 10:40:19 pm »
How do I like a post?

I have to disagree again tbh. You all need to give the staff a chance to fix what is broken and only time will tell what is in store in the next update. I highly doubt that the staff plan on repeating past mistakes.

We have.

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2020, 11:13:54 pm »
Dead games have nobody playing them, this game has 100 people daily. I think not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2020, 11:16:04 pm »
Let me put it this way. As an individual who works for a total of 4 online games, I know just how difficult it can be to maintain an online game and it takes much hard work to implement new content and fully test it. So with all due respect, I suggest that we be patient and respect the hard work that goes into all that.