Author Topic: Which games really brings your childhood back?  (Read 4022 times)

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
Which games really brings your childhood back?
« on: September 16, 2019, 06:18:18 pm »

Just a topic that I'd like to bring up for the community's amusement. Something to talk about for fun :)
Now I've been happy with videogames since I was 4 years old (of course sitting on my mom or dad's lap when I played games at that age), so I've been through a lot of awesome videogames in my childhood, and whenever I discover them these days, I truly get that warm and nostalgic feel. All those good memories from these games that I was addicted to as a kid, and played with my childhood friends.

So, what are the games that you can think of that you've spent a lot of time playing back when you were just a kiddo?
Here are some that I wanna mention for myself:

Daddy N Me (2D action game where you smash kids out of the way :-])

Club Penguin

Spore

Pokémon Emerald

Goodnight Mr. Snoozleberg (point and click game with time pressure)

I really enjoy going down the memory lane sometimes and play replay some of these games <3
Please share me yours!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 08:14:33 pm by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Which games really brings your childhood back?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 06:33:46 pm »
Moving this to the other games board~

For me, I guess the two biggest ones I played before discovering 3D games (Minecraft, WolfQuest... and yes FeralHeart xD) were Dino Run and Everybody Edits c:

Farewell everyone<3

Rhakorra

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 07:30:49 pm »
I've recently had a dream that Monkey Quest returned to Nickelodeon, but of course that's not even near true. I really miss monkey quest

Centurion

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 08:04:53 pm »
Ah man my odd childhood.

Spent it playing World of Warcraft, Need For Speed, Call of Duty, and stuff like the game that went along with My Gym Class Partner's A Monkey - Hall of the Wild I think? Even played Club Penguin, Poptropica, and some strange online game I can't even remember now... had fairies and humans and the like. Wasn't Disney's Pixie Hollow online game. Wish I could recall it aha.

As far as I remember those were the only things I played besides the occasional old Mortal Kombat and Mario stuff. Man, I miss elementary school when I could come home and do homework then spend the day playing video games lol.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 10:33:54 pm »
Lovely topic, definitely miss playing all the games I used to. Can't seem to find the motivation to play much anymore lately.
I often played the game cube back when I was younnnggg, lots of smash bros and mario party. I did also play the wii with my cousins and siblings a lot, so mario kart etc. I loved playing Pokemon on my DS and also Nintendogs. As I got older I began to play FreeRealms up until it closed in .. 2016? I think? Maybe before then, I can't entirely remember lolll. I did often played many Call of Duty's even to this day! (I did play some Halo way back as well when it was pretty popular)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 10:39:51 pm by Likuu »
artwork by dehvina

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 11:48:19 pm »
Pyjama Sam, Petz 5, most of the Putt Putt games, Spore, Club Penguin, and the game with the construction workers? And a game about emergency patrol vehicles? And a few Tonka games... And there are maybe other games I can't remember.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 11:52:15 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Online LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 01:08:51 am »
When I think of nostalgic games I think of things like the first Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Sly Cooper, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (classic Aussie game), Rayman, Sims, and Tekken. Those games were my life as a child, I even still have some of them. If we're talking online games, then Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, World of Warcraft, and Club Penguin are ones I played back in the day, all before I started playing FH. I also really loved Free Realms when I was a kid too, that game was legendary. Before FH I actually spent most of my first couple of years on the computer playing on websites like AddictingGames and MiniClip. I also got obsessed with Fly Like A Bird, which is where I first started roleplaying. After that I found FH through YT and have been playing it ever since.

It's neat to hear what other's nostalgic games are though, a really good thread idea.~

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 02:22:17 am »
my first games were on the gba [which i still have and still works!!]
they'd be titles like the pixar's cars racing one, enchanted, probably barbie ones, w/e my sister had for her stash.
when i moved to computer games it was like. 99.9% webkinz, wizard101 then some poptropica, pirate101[i played some of the beta test in 2012, ee], animal jam, minecraft and wolfquest before discovering fh/the impressive title genre.
and since then i've only really picked up other it servers and overwatch. i rly should try more games haha
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 03:56:48 am »
i mostly played console games as a young kid and owned a gamecube with my brother. i didn't play any internet games except neopets and club penguin until i was 10, which i when i started to play wolfquest. my favorite gamecube games were kirby air ride, super mario sunshine, and smash bros melee. i also had a game boy advance which i played kirby and the amazing mirror, legend of zelda minish cap, and the few spyro games that were on that system.

i played animal jam for a few years starting in 2010. it kinda sucks now so i avoid it. i also played webkinz briefly until i forgot my account info. i still have my plush on my shelf though.
impressive title servers also play a part in my childhood, which i do secretly regret lol.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 02:29:01 pm »
Oh my gosh FreeRealms fans- that was honestly the best game I ever played. I've since found out I apparently have low standards according to some people? >.>

Pajama Sam too, to be exact, "You Are What You Eat From Your Head to Your Feet". I played that one I don't know how many times before my Dad helped me finish it one day.

On to my personal list though, probably a lot of wii and gamecube games. Luigi's Mansion is one of the first to come to mind. Mario Brothers 3 (not a gamecube game but in the Mario series) too. I'd say Ocarina of Time, but I actually continued to play and watch friends play it over the years, so it's not really nostalgic. I could probably feel nostalgic from some wii games as I mentioned, like wii sports, smash a bit although I played it somewhat recently, and I could probably find some stuff in my disc case.

Jumpstart and Math Blasters are two other games I used to play a lot. I'd honestly still log in if I felt like it enough. I'm sad I only learned years after dying weird rainbow colored eggs that the color of the egg will be the color of the Mythie but oh well.

I also slightly remember newground games with Mario and Sonic? One being this scene maker thing with Sonic that I always made stories with (despite knowing basically nothing about Sonic, and I still don't). Some got violent as heck though, and I had no clue that was bad. Guess that's why gore basically never phases me, heh.