Author Topic: Did you know? Closed-Gift Style Preset Exports  (Read 1065 times)

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Did you know? Closed-Gift Style Preset Exports
« on: April 14, 2019, 06:54:34 pm »
I've been messing around with presets both to and fro for a long time now and I've known for a long time, ever since I exported my first preset actually, that you can export your presets with a different username by typing a different username in the login box before exporting. This method is a great way to make custom presets for others without exposing all of your hard work to potential reworks or worse if you didn't desire that.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

I've been wanting to know what everyone's thoughts on this was so what do you think about it?
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: Did you know? Closed-Gift Style Preset Exports
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 07:08:08 pm »
Yup! I've knowen about this for a very long time as well. However, I rarely do this unless it's a very difficult design that I've made for someone, or that I'm giving out a preset that I've already made. Otherwise, I do give the files when they're ready. Not the GIMP files so they can access the layers, but the images themselves. It's harder to edit the image without the layers (I've tried upon request- vedy vedy hard).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 07:09:55 pm by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
Re: Did you know? Closed-Gift Style Preset Exports
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 07:31:15 pm »
I always give all images (+the code file of course) to a person I made the preset for. I understand that people like to keep their creations somewhat private and not editable, but I feel like that's not really fair when you give it to a person who perhaps paid points or even money for it. Because you can always add a tiny signature on the photo of the preset, or save the file and keep some sort of 'proof' that you've made it, in case a person claims to be the creator (which doesn't happen often). I agree with Ame, I don't give out the GIMP files either. But of course, If I still have them and if the person needs to edit the preset, I'll give them the GIMP files, I don't think It's a big deal. You can always create a post on your deviant art or here on the forum, and therefore you'll have the proof anyways so there's nothing that they could do about it really. Now what if you created a free preset pack? I think that in that case, there is no nothing else, other than having to give out the photos. But of course, it all comes down to the preset maker and how they feel about their own creations and it's totally fine if they don't want to share the photos.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox