Author Topic: [UPDATED 17/04/2017] ALL of The Original Feral Heart 1.13 Maps Now in 1.15!  (Read 48155 times)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Fluorite Plains, South Pole, WaterMill and other maps in 1.15!
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 08:03:12 am »
Atlantis and Last Cave were the same, but I have no idea how to obtain them. I tried looking for ways to open the map files, but I derped and have no clue. Wish you luck though ^^
Nice work adding the portals to Lonely Cave ^^ Handy
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2016, 06:15:36 pm »
Atlantis and Last Cave were the same, but I have no idea how to obtain them. I tried looking for ways to open the map files, but I derped and have no clue. Wish you luck though ^^
Nice work adding the portals to Lonely Cave ^^ Handy

I was thinking of adding ascension island too but there'd be no point without Sky's Rim also being in the pack I feel. So yeah, beyond this point there's no way of getting the information from the rest of the maps because if you try creating a shortcut map to say Atlantis or Sky's Rim the game will whine about the map not existing, probably because Kovu didn't want people making such things and bypassing the challenge of getting to those maps. But if anyone does have such a map please let me know because so long as you keep the game open on the loading screen to one of the disabled maps it's contents are still loaded in memory and I can extract it and remake it again. :D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:19:26 pm by Kwibjo »

Not around much anymore but add me on Discord if you want to chat. jellyfish2224

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2016, 09:35:33 pm »
I was thinking of adding ascension island too but there'd be no point without Sky's Rim also being in the pack I feel. So yeah, beyond this point there's no way of getting the information from the rest of the maps because if you try creating a shortcut map to say Atlantis or Sky's Rim the game will whine about the map not existing, probably because Kovu didn't want people making such things and bypassing the challenge of getting to those maps. But if anyone does have such a map please let me know because so long as you keep the game open on the loading screen to one of the disabled maps it's contents are still loaded in memory and I can extract it and remake it again. :D

So, what you're saying it that if someone had a character that was headed to one of the maps that you're missing, there's information that is created while in the loading screen? Or?

And yeah, Ascension Island and Sky Rim are a plus, if you can get ahold of them too. I believe Ascension has the same height map as Bonfire but from what it sounds like, is that you need more data of the map.

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2016, 04:14:05 am »

So, what you're saying it that if someone had a character that was headed to one of the maps that you're missing, there's information that is created while in the loading screen? Or?

And yeah, Ascension Island and Sky Rim are a plus, if you can get ahold of them too. I believe Ascension has the same height map as Bonfire but from what it sounds like, is that you need more data of the map.

Sorry, I'm terrible at explaining things. XD

I'm pretty sure I've already broken some rule by even making this map pack, so I'll try to keep the process to how I get heightmaps simple.

Basically, as soon as you go into a portal the map is loaded while at the same time (or maybe after) your game tries to tell the game server you've entered said map. However, since the admins have blocked people from going to the old 1.13 maps, after you go through the portal your game will time out and you get an error message saying you've lost connection to the server.

But if you don't click on the reconnect or quit options the map and its information is still loaded in memory and you can extract it with the right tools. For example, here I've gone from lonely cave to Ascension Island and even though I'm not actually on the map I can still browse its contents.

However, unlike community made maps the ones that shipped with 1.13 have some kind of block that prevents you from creating a map in the editor and pointing its destination to one of the maps that aren't connected to Lonely Cave.

So, unless someone knows how to bypass this and make the game load the 1.13 maps through one created in the editor, I don't think it's possible to get the remaining maps unless the admins remove the restriction. :(

Not around much anymore but add me on Discord if you want to chat. jellyfish2224

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2016, 04:36:24 am »
However, unlike community made maps the ones that shipped with 1.13 have some kind of block that prevents you from creating a map in the editor and pointing its destination to one of the maps that aren't connected to Lonely Cave.

So, unless someone knows how to bypass this and make the game load the 1.13 maps through one created in the editor, I don't think it's possible to get the remaining maps unless the admins remove the restriction. :(

Hmmm. And I'm assuming the block wasn't on South Pole and other ones, allowing you to get the heightmaps?

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2016, 05:54:47 am »
Hmmm. And I'm assuming the block wasn't on South Pole and other ones, allowing you to get the heightmaps?

No, all the maps are blocked, the only reason why I got south pole is because it's linked to lonely cave and that isn't blocked since 1.15 also has that map, same for the cape of distant worlds and ascension island. Beyond that there's no way I can get the rest.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:00:38 pm by Kwibjo »

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2016, 06:19:15 am »
If there was someone with a character that had it's home at skys rim and could possiby be sent there would that help you in your quest?
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2016, 07:11:43 am »
If there was someone with a character that had it's home at skys rim and could possiby be sent there would that help you in your quest?

Absolutely it would, but as far as I know all the characters were reset back to their home in Lonely Cave when 1.15 was released.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2016, 08:18:58 am »
i am 50% sure one of mine is still there, or it could be at the top of ascension island.  i am not sure..
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2016, 12:36:08 am »
Do the media files include the old platforming rocks from the previous patch? If so, I might just download the media folder to use those old assets in some maps of mine.
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.