Author Topic: Update: Regarding Patch Progress  (Read 23199 times)

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Update: Regarding Patch Progress
« on: July 03, 2018, 11:03:30 pm »
What's going on behind the scenes?

Greetings FeralHeart community!

Before we get into details we'd just like to thank you guys for being so patient. It's been over two years now since we rolled out the last patch and a year since we announced our chosen community map makers. (See here!) Patch building takes a long time. Before we can do anything we need to look at the issues with the game and consider the community's thoughts and feedback. We tried to achieve a good balance of both of these things and include them in this next patch.

We've spent lots of time running around in the upcoming maps, looking for glitchy areas etc and ensuring that the maps were functional for all members of the community. On top of that we had lots of fun bringing all of our imaginations into the new maps. We planted unique and fun elements into the Feral Lands and we can't wait for you guys to discover them!

Over the course of working on the upcoming patch, staff realized that we weren't fully satisfied with the initial ideas for the patch, and spent weeks figuring out how we could alter things to bring a more complete and satisfactory update to you guys. Although there are many things that we are still planning to include, there have been new ideas that will ensure a strong future for the game, for old and new players alike. We hope to pack in as much as we can for this upcoming patch, but we do realize that not everything will make it in right away, so we appreciate all the understanding that you as a community can give to us. As much as we would like to give you all the content upfront, we want to take our time to make sure everything is in the best shape as possible.

Regardless of staff work on the patch, we invite you all to always post your suggestions in our game opinions and ideas board. While we can't guarantee that every idea will be included, we can promise that they will all be read and considered. Who knows, maybe that small thought that's been lurking in the back of your head will spark future patch ideas! So don't be shy to share. We love hearing from the community<3

Anywho, here's a little surprise for you guys... another sneak peek of what's to come! Remember that the screenshot you see here is still a WIP!

Keep in mind that alongside the new maps, there are also other elements of the game that are being worked on!

Once again, we appreciate all of the patience we've been given throughout this past year. Although we cannot guarantee a certain release date for the patch yet, we certainly hope this wait will be worth it!

//FH Staff

Update: This version of the patch that would have included the old maps built into the old maps was rejected by Raz so it will not happen. This thread will remain public simply for archive sake. We are sorry that we couldn’t give this to you, but we hope you understand <3
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 04:10:06 am by LordSuragaha »
Farewell everyone<3

Offline xPsychoticx

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Hey dinosaurs are pretty rad~
    • xzombaex
    • View Profile
Re: Update: Regarding Patch Progress
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 01:14:13 am »
I've been playing since I was 9 years old, and from the looks of that sneak peek, It makes me think that you guys might be re-including the old maps,, Genuinely brings tears to my eyes. This game is my childhood and it's amazing to see it develop! I hope we attract more players to liven up the servers to how they used to be. Keep at the good work :))
No longer active, find me on Instagram @Triplefxnged

wolfdog01

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 02:40:58 am »
*shakes violently* OOOOOO
Getting excited! Feels like I'm being spoiled by all of this, just getting used to the new maps and now I get another gift! Excited to see what you guys have in store!

Offline kewlkiera

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • kewlkiera.exe has stopped working
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 02:43:59 am »
Is...
Is that Fluorite Plains...
Please tell me that's a remade Fluorite Plains I miss it so much omg. I see a stone bridge n the island, so that was my first thought lol.

Thanks for the quick update!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 02:57:16 am by kewlkiera »

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 02:59:07 am »
Thank you for the update.
Inactive

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 03:01:08 am »
Thats under Stone Bridge, facing north towards the portal to Cape of Distance worlds if Ive ever
seen it...
Revamp Flourite hope!

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 06:37:01 am »
This is probably the most excited I've been for the next community patch.
To bring back the Stone Bridge would mean bringing back old FeralHeart ways, where groups will advertise their groups there and be a huge hangout area. Although a small place, it's removal had a large impact on the community and most of us missed it dearly, especially me because that's when I truly met friends who I'll always hold close to my heart.

I look forward to seeing whether this is a return of Fluorite Plains, or a new version of it.

Also, who's that noob photobombing in the screenshot?! >:c

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline spicy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • "Such doge, much wow,"
    • OverlyReactive.deviantart.com
    • spicychicken
    • View Profile
    • dA + Contact
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 09:37:28 am »
I am honest to god shocked. I literally thought I was staring straight at Stone Bridge! Totally agreeing with everyone else, finger's crossed for a Fluorite Revamp. I cannot wait to explore these new maps! Just please don't let it be barren as a desert like the old Fluorite.
Find me as 'spicychicken' in-game. c:

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 02:59:10 pm »
Also, who's that noob photobombing in the screenshot?! >:c

Why that noob is none other than Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen. He's so #1 that he volunteered to help with this update. ;D

Inactive

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 11:07:31 am »
I look forward to seeing what's in store for FeralHeart! Thanks for the update.

Signature art by Kynvuu