Author Topic: Adding a new tail in game?  (Read 3687 times)

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
Adding a new tail in game?
« on: November 21, 2018, 10:11:23 am »
I was looking through some mods and noticed that there are a few tail mods available out there.
The one that I liked the most was Ruby's canine tail for felines mod.
It looks very much like a cat tail and there are a lot of warrior cat RPers in the game, so having a tail like this, in the official Update would definitely be of use.

Currently we have the ''Tailess'' option in the character creator, which is not really a no tail option, it's rather the same as the Lynx tail.
So, switching that with the ''Tailess'' and changing the name would be cool.

Now of course, you'll either need her approval for this, or create a custom one from the canine model, as she said that this mod is only put on the feline skeleton, from the canine model.

''But it's here now, and it uses the feline skeleton, so no need to worry about it being buggy. c:''

Here's a preview of her mod, along with the link to the original post (click on the photo):

So, what do you think about this?
It seems like a possible thing to do. And we don't have any use of the ''Tailess'' mod anyways.
I'd definitely use this a lot if it were available as an official thing from FH ^^ c:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:17:36 am by Valar.Morghulis »

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline gh0ul

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • ~~Son Fett
    • View Profile
Re: Adding a new tail in game?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 01:03:50 pm »
That looks like a nice idea, this would be used for characters to show that the tail is fluffier I guess?

<3

Offline Arandomperson

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 01:08:05 pm »
I want a super duper fluffy tail! Like at least as long as the char model! Because Go fluffy or go home! Like this first picture of this tail
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/57/53/35/575335fdb5f6763e972e621df21c46d4--drawing-tips-drawing-tutorials.jpg
Merrp

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• Community Champion
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 01:08:46 pm »
That looks like a nice idea, this would be used for characters to show that the tail is fluffier I guess?

Most likely. It would definitely be useful for people who have perhaps longhaired cats as characters.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 03:03:12 pm »
I too like the idea. I know it's possible to replace tails, but is it possible to make more tail options? I know you can add markings and items, but no idea if the same can be said for tails.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 05:04:00 pm »
I approve of this idea. Simple name file changing would never do any harm. But, adding completely new tails or updating old ones officially could throw people off. So if that were the case, I suppose a poll would be good.
It isn't possible to make more tail options due to the lack of the source code. But it is possible to make more tails and have members replace the original ones...pretty Much the same thing that's been goingg on for years, haha

LonesomeRider

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 05:12:24 pm »
As mentioned by Morqque, adding official tail options and changing names is impossible with the lack of the game's source code. Of course, it can simply be added on as a mod like your everyday mod used, but doing this would definitely require permission to allow 200+ members to have it off the bat, without needing to download it themselves.
Nevertheless, it is a nice idea, though people also use the thick tail option.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• Community Champion
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 05:19:51 pm »
Thank you for the replies guys.

Although,  I wasn't talking about the thick tail being replaced, but the "Tailess" mod which is a lynx tail with a different name. If possible, that last tail could be used for something else (this idea or similar), instead of having two same tails with a different name

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• Community Champion
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2019, 09:33:34 am »
Bumping this~

There are two exactly the same feline tail options, the Lynx tail and Tailess. There is no difference between them, so with that in mind, I think it shouldn't be an issue to replace the 'Tailess' with what is mentioned in the thread, as it was done before.
I'm curious to see what more people think of this idea. ^^

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 12:36:15 pm »
Thank ye for the bump!

Personally, I'd rather have the tailess tail actually be no tail, or change it to something like this. Although, I'd rather it be puffier like Arandomperson said:
I want a super duper fluffy tail! Like at least as long as the char model! Because Go fluffy or go home! Like this first picture of this tail
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/57/53/35/575335fdb5f6763e972e621df21c46d4--drawing-tips-drawing-tutorials.jpg

I think reusing the canine tail would be weird, and there are certainly going to be people out there willing to make a brand new floofy tail for the official game. At least, I hope.

I'd be up to replace the tailess tail with just about any tail, honestly, but this idea has been my favorite tail I've seen for this situation.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 10:52:49 pm by A.P.S. »