Author Topic: Mac/Linux Setup Updated for 1.16  (Read 122740 times)

Offline fraskal

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Mac/Linux Setup
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 11:22:32 pm »
Yay! Thanks a bunch, Raz :)
·         
   .     .      *     
 ˚   .      
 ✵        .    

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 03:06:20 am »

Offline PreSist

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 10:10:02 am »
I tried this on a different Mac before and it just worked beautifully without any errors at all! I'd assumed that it'd be the same case with the same type of Mac laptop. Anyway, I'll manage to skip through the steps to installing it, but when selecting the FHetc.POL, it comes up as FHetc.POL.zip. So, I'll click through, but in the script thing that requires a signing(?) it says that the file could not be found and the script doesn't match up at all.

After that, I updated my X11 to the newest version, but I think it still might be causing me some trouble. Of course, I'll run through this a dozen times with PlayMyMac guidebooks on the sidelines until my brain fries, but it's nice to get a quick answer from people that really understand the app all together already versus one(me) whom doesn't understand it at all. I just got off after maybe 20-30 mins on it, but so hope to return and see if the update helped me out any.

Thanks for reading this! Would appreciate any replies or possible solutions to my current situation. x2 Thank you!

Hey again! I'd like to report that it was all a little mistake when downloading the file. The first few times I downloaded it as "save file" and it didn't work. However, I soon realized that it was supposed to be installed underArchive Utility. After that, it worked perfectly! I should note though that I was using FireFox. My Safari doesn't work very well right now, but on the other computer it worked fine, but didn't give me the installing option like FireFox did. Well, I guess that wraps things up on my end! Thanks for the tutorial! ^^

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 301
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2016, 04:28:32 pm »
You have to extract the POL out of the zip.

If I upload the POL on its own its just opens in the browser to it had to be zip'd
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline Porcelainsheep

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • Porcelainlamb
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2016, 04:35:31 am »
i havent got fh.pol something how can i dowload it?
This confused me too, the ad.fly link is not for PlayOnLinux, it's the .POL File
Hope this helps!
^u^ ~ Steam

Offline AloisTrancy

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2016, 03:00:11 pm »
Thank you so much for making this, but every time I try to run the game it crashes. I followed all the instructions and my computer is pretty new. I haven't gotten El Captain yet, but i'm assuming because it's newer then Leopard it should work anyways.

Offline Crusoe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • Top Kek.
    • View Profile
    • My Github Page
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2016, 10:45:07 pm »
@razmirz I didn't need the script or the FHSetupUNIX.exe for both Arch Linux and Fedora Linux. I simply used the torrent download from the site and installed it on both a clean PlayOnLinux and WINE prefix, so I think this only applies to OSX.

What does the Linux script do anyways? Install dependencies or DirectX 9?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 10:53:29 pm by crusoe2003 »

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 301
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2016, 11:32:32 pm »
The only different with the unix setup is it doesn't try to install the shortcuts or try to auto install directx which just causes an error.

And yes it does add dx9 after comments from people saying that there game didn't work until I was installed.

If your already familiar with wine I didn't expect you to need this page. Its for those who aren't and then I'm trying to keep it simple.
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline Crusoe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • Top Kek.
    • View Profile
    • My Github Page
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2016, 12:38:18 am »
I was just curious, but thanks for telling me. Script might be useful but I'm running the game with OpenGL and it works perfectly fine. c:

Offline hana123

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2016, 03:43:03 pm »
cool