Author Topic: How Can We Revive Feral Heart?  (Read 7092 times)

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
How Can We Revive Feral Heart?
« on: February 03, 2020, 12:59:00 am »
Feral Heart has been running for an outstanding 10 years! Many games are creeping toward or have reached their tenth year! Feral Heart's players has seemed to decrease over the years, especially after the 1.15 update. One day, I saw about 240 people online after the new update! Since we got access to the source code, who knows what we can do! But for now, before 1.18, what can we do to attract new and more players. Open Registration is already checked off, so what else can we do..?

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
Re: How Can We Revive Feral Heart?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 05:52:23 am »
Honestly I’m not sure. Advertising? Tell friends?
doing what i feel like

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 06:37:10 am »
Make attractive stuff and show it to your friends.  And their friends, and their friends friends
No matter what that attractive stuff might be.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 08:40:13 am »
From what I've seen in the past few months since the source code has been obtained, the staff have really come together and done exceptional things so far. I know they're all working very hard to bring life to FH once again, and create new content for us, future players, and returning players. I've spoken to friends about the new update and what's to come, and they seem really interested in returning. Advertising and word of mouth is a significant factor in FH's future activity as well. Just by posting screenshots of presets I've made on sites like DeviantArt I've had users there tell me they feel inspired to return.

FH's activity actually started declining when general chat was removed, and then over the years even more so. But we also have to remember that nothing is everlasting. People's tastes and interests don't always stay the same. They evolve and change every single day. But new users are always joining us, we see some of them when they make an introduction here, which is always wonderful.

One thing that's kept me here is the community. Yes, the game may have not had many updates since Kovu left, but the community has always remained friendly, warm and welcoming. I've made many friends here since 2012 that I couldn't easily forget, as well as memories I will remember for a long time. FH has been a big part of my life and will continue to be so. But it's not that way for everyone. Every user is different in their own way, and it's up to them if they choose to stay with us or depart.

We also have to support the staff and have faith in them. They're working very hard for us all and they're the reason FH is still running. Yes, it may not be as active as it used to be, but there's still a community here, and that's important to remember. Things could always be worse off than what they are.

So in conclusion, FH will constantly gain and lose players, but perhaps one day it'll thrive like it once did. We'll just have to see what the future brings, and keep the faith and positivity flowing throughout the community. Tell your friends, advertise FH in different places, lift the staff up, and remain hopeful. <3

SpicyDirt

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 08:45:56 pm »
Honestly, I think an amazing thing to do would be to have the old maps back in the game. I know that we are supposed to be changing out the old for new, but those old maps hold a great place in some of the older member's hearts. Since the new maps/update turned a lot of people off of the game and even a few complained and wish for the old maps to return, I think it would be awesome. I can tell you one thing, even though the new maps are beautiful, I would much rather spend time on the old maps.

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 08:47:30 pm »
I've been thinking about them re-adding the old maps too! (And also making way bigger maps...)

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 09:06:06 pm »
Find Raz.
RETIRED.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 09:24:31 pm »
I've been here since early 2012 when it was populated to the brim. I can say that the reason it
was most active then is due to the massive amounts of roleplayers and creativity options. Not to mention a lot of players where children
who thought it was cool you can play as an an animal.
   Members started complaining about inactivity and that "FH is dying" ever since Kovu left, but then they started to complain that it was due to
a lack of new maps and stuff to do. Lots of them left, but a good portion stayed. The overhaul update that replaced the old maps reeled in a lot
of new players and even some of the ones that left. But that didn't stay long. Despite the complaint that there needs to be an update, they didn't
like the update?
  Honestly, I'm just rambling at this point. But FeralHeart was built on role-playing and creativity and since there is a huge lack of that  it sends a lot of users away. I can remember acting out role-plays and even socialization with my character. Now, people usually just sit around and type. Maybe if there was an addition of more interactive actions and suchlike it will draw more people in or at least make FeralHeart less dead in terms of chatting. More accepting and less organized/strict roleplays will
revive FH.

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 09:44:42 pm »
Find Raz.

hey op what does this mean

anyways my 2 cents is more consistent updates, whether it's small cosmetics or more community-made items being added to the game, not LOTS OF THINGS IN BIG CHUNKS as downloads like that tend to heck a lotta stuff up fast, esp for players on oldie computers.
i know it makes a pretty picture to have gigantic banners of all the shinies you've added but practically? smaller updates of smaller things in smaller timespans apart from each other makes things feel a little more alive imo.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 11:04:11 pm by Polyphonic »
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 09:48:42 pm »