Author Topic: adblock aye?  (Read 4628 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
adblock aye?
« on: October 19, 2018, 05:00:03 am »
so adblock users now get blocked after about 5 seconds of being on a page
because they have adblock

call me a rude name and all but that's kinda dumb.
surprised it didnt happen earlier.
but it's still dumb.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: adblock aye?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 05:06:07 am »
In my discord server Calvary said; "Don't mind it! We will get it fixed soon, it's because we are testing things with ads and adblocker".

So I assume by that statement it will be a temporary situation and we will have to unfortunately deal with it until it's fixed. c:
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 05:11:04 am »
doesn't seem temporary to me

the phrasing tells me kinda what i already figured

feral_cast.fhm

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 05:16:20 am »
doesn't seem temporary to me

the phrasing tells me kinda what i already figured

I've been getting that too. I just had to shut off adblock for the FeralHeart forum and login page and it went away.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 05:18:23 am »
its an adblock for adblock of course it went away

i dont trust the ads here so im just typing like lightning

feral_cast.fhm

Calvary

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 05:32:12 am »
The forum itself is a bit wonky if you noticed, it's a bit off to the left side which is what we are currently trying to fix as we are editing things around a bit.

The reason the adblocker removal is apparent now is because the login page, as you might've guessed, is full of ads when you log in. There were no ads on the forum, but there were tons of ads lingering when typing in the forms to the login page. Many people have complained about getting viruses or ads that are harmful and malicious, so we removed them from the login page and brought them onto the forum, which is why it now tells you to disable adblock to access the forum and login.

It's a much safer alternative that likely getting harmful ads or malware from the login page, which we want to avoid.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 05:34:48 am »
The forum itself is a bit wonky if you noticed, it's a bit off to the left side which is what we are currently trying to fix as we are editing things around a bit.

The reason the adblocker removal is apparent now is because the login page, as you might've guessed, is full of ads when you log in. There were no ads on the forum, but there were tons of ads lingering when typing in the forms to the login page. Many people have complained about getting viruses or ads that are harmful and malicious, so we removed them from the login page and brought them onto the forum, which is why it now tells you to disable adblock to access the forum and login.

It's a much safer alternative that likely getting harmful ads or malware from the login page, which we want to avoid.

The whole left side problem went away for me on it's own. I'm using Google Chrome. I don't know if it's affecting other browsers though or if others are dealing with it still. Also, thanks for the reply bab. <3

Calvary

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 05:38:40 am »

The whole left side problem went away for me on it's own. I'm using Google Chrome. I don't know if it's affecting other browsers though or if others are dealing with it still. Also, thanks for the reply bab. <3

Oh good LOL It still has yet to go away for me, but I'm sure it'll fix itself.
The adblocker block is staying, however, but it's safer as to remove harmful ads from the login page (as you know, kids 10+ play so some kids may not know how to get rid of the ads that open in new tabs when logging in)

The ads were simply moved to the forum, so hopefully it won't be too bothersome. <3 Hope the explanation helped!

Offline Emiya

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 07:38:42 am »
Oh, I have my adblock disabled, but somehow ads still don't show up AT ALL. On the forums, at least.

LonesomeRider

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 03:28:10 pm »
Once your adblocker's disabled, you're not really going to see any ads on the forum right now. Other than probably one at the bottom, but that's all. As Calvary said, we're working on situating it to how we'd like it to be.