Author Topic: (PROBLEM WITH VISUALS?) Updating your graphic cards drivers!  (Read 57051 times)

ForeverHowl

Re: (PROBLEM WITH VISUALS?) Updating your graphic cards drivers!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 04:45:55 pm »
When you say, "Run on low settings," what do you mean by that?

Edit:

When I click on ATI Display Driver it won't let me uninstall it.

I've also got:
ATI Softwar Uninstall Utility
ATI Control Pannel
ATI (R) Radeon IGP 345M Graphics Control Driver for Microsoft(C) Windows(R) XP
would uninstalling either of those help?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 05:02:12 pm by Rose »

Offline Dewheart

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 06:58:47 pm »
Well, I can't find ATI Catalyst install manager in Programs and Features. I've checked and double checked, but it isn't there.

Mercy

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 11:59:05 pm »
I had this problem, so I even went through and searched my folder for anything ATI. It was a no go, so I just installed the appropriate download anyways, and it turns out that it contains all the files Red it talking about. I guess some computers dont even come with it? I haven't had a single error from it and when I reinstalled FH it ran without the errors it had before. My water is still white till I take off the reflection and my characters are still white, but it did take care of several other exceptions and errors I was experiencing. So if its not there the computer might just not have it and its safe to download.

As I said though, things are still white so this fix didn't cure it. :/ Thanks for the updates though Red! :D

246ladybug13

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 01:41:44 am »
i am learning that FH's survers are down but when will they come back up? i really need help because i just got FH but when i logged in it said "failed to connect to front survers" what do i do? please could anyone reply.....

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 02:03:20 am »
When you say, "Run on low settings," what do you mean by that?

Edit:

When I click on ATI Display Driver it won't let me uninstall it.

I've also got:
ATI Softwar Uninstall Utility
ATI Control Pannel
ATI (R) Radeon IGP 345M Graphics Control Driver for Microsoft(C) Windows(R) XP
would uninstalling either of those help?
'

When I say lowering the settings, I simply mean to change the settings to a less demanding option for your computer. Turning off shadows, water reflections. Lower Screen resolution inside the game etc.

Well, as mentioned, the name can wary from computer to computer. However, In your case I think you are supposed to run ATI Software Uninstall Utility. It will remove both the control panel for your graphics cand and the drivers to run it. But try the other options before you actually decide to remove everything and install new ones.

Well, I can't find ATI Catalyst install manager in Programs and Features. I've checked and double checked, but it isn't there.
It can wary from computer to computer. look on what I replied to rose. But if you don't see anything ATI related at all. You might not have Any drivers on your system for it right now. Hard to tell for me.

I had this problem, so I even went through and searched my folder for anything ATI. It was a no go, so I just installed the appropriate download anyways, and it turns out that it contains all the files Red it talking about. I guess some computers dont even come with it? I haven't had a single error from it and when I reinstalled FH it ran without the errors it had before. My water is still white till I take off the reflection and my characters are still white, but it did take care of several other exceptions and errors I was experiencing. So if its not there the computer might just not have it and its safe to download.

As I said though, things are still white so this fix didn't cure it. :/ Thanks for the updates though Red! Cheesy

I'm sorry you are still having problems. You should try to fiddle abit with the ogre.cfg and ingame settings. However though. Shell wrote about that some might have the problems because of the FBO extension. You can always try this
Here
Maybe it helps in your case aswell. Haha, and you're welcome. :3

i am learning that FH's survers are down but when will they come back up? i really need help because i just got FH but when i logged in it said "failed to connect to front survers" what do i do? please could anyone reply.....
Josefine, this is the 2nd topic that I see you post in regarding the server in wrong thread. That problem you have is normal since the servers aren't up. You have to wait.. And please read the other threads about the server status and I'd be glad. Thanks
Former community manager of FeralHeart

246ladybug13

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 01:40:50 pm »
ok i will thy for the help

Offline Nomm

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 08:37:29 pm »
How do you get the

Offline Nomm

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 08:38:00 pm »
Icons back to normall size*

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 04:54:10 am »
Depends what OS you are running. But I belive Windows have fairly the same all around.

I don't have an english computer around but arr. Right click the background on the desktop. Then choose the one at bottom.

In XP it's called properties. Maybe it's called the same in vista and 7. But either way. It's thar.

In xp choose the tab ""settings"". And there you have it. In vista you have to choose display settings. I think it looks about the same in windows 7. It shouldn't really be that hard to find.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Miakoda

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 02:19:40 am »
Quick question, When I looked up what the name of my Graphics Card was it said NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
How do I figure out what the Product series, and Product is when downloading the new driver?