Author Topic: How to make markings!  (Read 40460 times)

Offline Nala_91

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Your Local FH Furry Artist
    • View Profile
How to make markings!
« on: June 15, 2011, 01:29:06 am »
To make a new Marking, without overwriting the files, is this.

Go to your Feral heart folder, and fine the markings.cfg file and open it with Notepad. Scroll to the bottom of either the Feline body, tail, or head or Canine body, tail, or head.

Type in the name of the marking you wish to make,

Example:
Siamese;fmarkSiameseBody.png

Were you see the name Siamese is going to be the name of your marking. If the name has a space inbetween like Tiger Stripes, be sure to add that space for the first part of the code, and remove it for the second code.

That way it looks like this
Tiger Stripes;fmarkTigerStripesHead.png

After that place it at the bottom on each section you want.

Next is making the marking, take any of the marking from Ingame and use them as a guide. Remember erased parts on the file will be the marking. When your done, be sure to name it fmarkmarkingBody.png <---- marking is the name you called it in the code. Weather or not it's for the body head or tail is your choice, but you have to capitalize the Head Body or Tail or the code will not work.

When your all done, copy and paste your new marking into media/textures. Then you have to go Ingame to choose your marking, the marking will not show up in preset maker you have to login and go ingame inorder for it show up.

Be sure that your marking does not have white as the erased part, it has to be transparent.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 04:11:26 pm by Nala_91 »
FH Texture Artist

Ariela

Re: How to make markings!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 01:37:08 am »
Gracias for posting this Nala ^^. -karma's-

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 02:19:51 am »
It wont seem to work for me, and what do you mean by "open" the markings file, it wont let me -_-
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Lord Drake

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 02:23:59 am »
It wont seem to work for me, and what do you mean by "open" the markings file, it wont let me -_-
If you're running windows, rightclick, open with (or just open) and then pick notepad. :)
A lot of code files only open that way.

Thanks for the tutorial! ^^

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 02:25:06 am »
Thanks a lot XD
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline Nala_91

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 02:32:14 am »
Oh yes I forgot to add that
FH Texture Artist

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 02:38:28 am »
And..... the file shows up, but not the markings. it says scar2 in my markings, but it does not show up O_O

Maplesong

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 02:52:11 pm »
thank you soooo much Nala! ive been wanting to make a marking but didnt know how but now i do *gives karma*
EDIT* when you save it you can get it in preset maker. Just when you click it you have to click an eye and it will show up.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 02:58:16 pm by EragonFan »

Offline Nala_91

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 03:32:14 pm »
You have to open it in character creation while logged in or it will not work at all, also be sure you moved the file to your media/textures folder.

It also has to be spelled exactly like the file you typed it in as;

That means if you saved it as Scars2Head.png, the H in your file has to be capitalized and that there are no spaces what so ever.
FH Texture Artist

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 04:56:37 pm »
Nala, I love you for this. xD <3