Author Topic: About our Blastchat  (Read 23450 times)

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
About our Blastchat
« on: July 06, 2013, 09:25:36 pm »
Some of you may have noticed that our Blastchat feature has been removed from the site.

The reasoning behind this is that there were serious issues with the updated app, and we were having difficulties with moderator functions.

This led to the staff being unable to effectively moderate the chat.

While we did leave it up and running for some time to try and sort this, multiple users proved to us that the community is not responsible or mature enough to handle an unmoderated chat room, even while a mod is present in the room and giving warnings and in-game bans for unacceptable behavior.

As of this time we are unsure if we will be bringing the chat back or not, as it has been horrendously abused in the past. If we do, it will be AFTER the server is stabilized. (Raz has too much on his plate right now to be setting up a new chat app)

I'm sorry to those who did use the chat function in a responsible way, and we apologize for the short notice of its removal. Please feel free to utilize our wonderful forum, and of course we hope to see you in game as well!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:28:43 pm by Sameth »

Offline Vysena

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
Re: About our Blastchat
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 09:49:46 pm »
Thanks for the update Sameth.

|| Preset ||

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 09:57:18 pm »
I believe if it was not only malfunctioning, but also being abused, I think it's fair enough for the Blastchat to be removed for the time being. Thank you for the update, Sameth. Alhough, I think it would be nice, once Raz has the main server finally optimized and a bit more time on his paws, it would be nice to implement a proper and well-functioning chat. c:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:59:15 pm by WhiteLightHeart »
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline SpringLeaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Mysterious Seeker
    • View Profile
    • Bramble and Blossom
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 10:36:24 pm »
Thanks, Sameth. c:
[size=70]I am not always online.
Please message me, I would love to make friends.[/size]

Smiling.Sin

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 11:15:48 pm »
Thank you very much.

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 11:25:49 pm »
Thank you for the update, Sameth. Though I never had a reason to use the chat anyways...

Offline LeafShadow2

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 11:33:05 pm »
Although this is very disapointing, I completely understand. But some people can't use the game so they went to the chat to satisfy their RP needs. I happen to be one of these people as this game doesn't work that well with a MacBook OS X (It must be this model,because my sister's MacBook Air runs it perfectly) so now that the chat has been taken down,not only will I be hard pressed to find a chat that had the same element as this,but I'm also going to miss a lot of people that were on that chat. I think it could've been fixed with a "3 strikes your out" kind of rule,also with a couple of known people that we're famillar and active with the chat  and could be used with to moderate it. But I don't run things around here,I'l miss the chat.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 11:38:28 pm »
I think it could've been fixed with a "3 strikes your out" kind of rule,also with a couple of known people that we're famillar and active with the chat  and could be used with to moderate it. But I don't run things around here,I'l miss the chat.

It wasn't because we couldn't find moderators, it's because mod functions weren't working. Which meant we couldn't ban or kick abusive users.

Essentially "mods" had the exact same power as a regular user; meaning there weren't actually any mods or a way to assign them.

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 11:46:12 pm »
Yeah, I was there most of the time when the chat was being abused. Some people really do have mouths on them. I enjoyed the chat but I think this was the best course of action, it was used and abused lol.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 11:54:24 pm »
Given how nasty things were getting in the BlastChat I agree that this was the best decision especially since the moderator functions weren't working right. This will definately hush up the abusers until we can get to the bottom of things. Hopefully once Raz sorts the server trouble we can get a newer & better Chat app that everyone can enjoy again. Thanks for the update Sameth :3