Author Topic: Autumn News Update 2014  (Read 46070 times)

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Autumn News Update 2014
« on: October 17, 2014, 02:07:38 pm »
Updates For Autumn 2014
Just in case you hadn't taken notice of the rampant falling leaves, pumpkins, and chilly air galore--It's autumn, y'all! So what's been happening around FeralHeart since our last news update?

Board & Site Changes

Alas, we can say that the forum "spring" cleaning is complete! It had actually been finished this past summer, and so we've been sitting on a more tidied-up forum for a few months, now, but we figured it would be nice to go ahead and let you guys know that the job's done. Thanks to all who helped sniff out any threads that needed deletion (both staffers and members), and do know that you're still free to PM any "Please delete!" threads to staff so we can maintain our forum's cleanliness. Thanks again!

As some of you may have noticed, we've changed up some of the ranking stars and colors for a few things around the forum. In order to better match the color scheme of our forum, staff member accounts have been changed to differing shades of reds, oranges, and golds, in place of the blues you'd normally see on our moderators' names on the forum. Member of the Season winners now have a pretty new set of stars that stand out strikingly against the forum background, and the "new" notification for threads has been changed from blue to red. Spotted 'em yet?

Administrator

Global Moderator

(Mod In Training - Four stars)

Member of the Season

The New "New" Notification

Events & kewl sturf

Spooks everywhere!
Well, actually, no, those are just some of our members wearing their gnarly garb and purrfectly themed presets for our annual FeralHeart Halloween Party on October 25th! That's next Saturday at 5pm EST. You can find the party's info thread here, and closer to the date of the party, we'll be posting the map download (courtesy of Lord Suragaha for our party map!), as well as a bulk preset download for those who wanted to show off their presets at the party. Check out the info link above to find out how to submit your preset, and we look forward to seeing you all there!
Music, spookified ferals, epic maps... How much better can it get?!

That said, we've already made our way into... (Drum roll, anyone?)

Right into the FeralHeart Halloween Preset Contest!
We've merged the Autumn contest and our Halloween Contest into one big event that coincides with our Halloween Party (keep reading to learn more!). This one's a Free-For-All Theme, meaning that you can make the theme your very own! The variety in this one already looks like it's going to be great, and we can't wait to see all of the completed entries. Whether you're an old pro at preset making, or fresh-faced and new to the event, everyone is welcome to show their stuff in our preset contests.

Wanna get in on the action? Check out our Halloween Preset Contest Info Thread to learn more! Submissions end on October 24th.

Just as well, a late congrats to our Summertime Preset Contest Winners!
Every single entry in the summer contest was wonderful, and we can speak for all of the judges when we say that you guys made it difficult to pick winners! But in the end, these three lovelies bounded their way to the top in our "Fun in the Sun"-themed summertime preset contest, and have made their way into our Preset Contest Hall of Fame. Be sure to check 'em out here!

We'd also like to thank everyone who came to our third FeralHeart Official Roleplay Day on September 6th! It really was a pleasure to see so many of you guys eager to get out there roleplay your hearts out with your fellow ferals, and so we're hoping to see this roleplay-friendly event return again sometime in the future (no word on when it will be, but we'll let you know once we do!).

As for our Members of the Season, we have two sets to congratulate since our last update! Firstly, we have a late congratulations to our Summertime Members of the Season, Vask, Ingredient, and KikioryLandia, and we just recently named our newest Autumn Members of the Season as AlphaEclipse, xRuby1234x, and JimMoriarty. We're really blessed to have you guys in our community, and each and every one of you have wonderful attitudes that help make FH a better place for everyone. Congrats to all who were nominated throughout this time, as well, and we hope to continue to see your lovely pixels around here with us! Stay wonderful, and until the next MOTS nominations, enjoy the rest of the season with your new titles (and shiny green stars)!

Side Note

We also had one of our beloved global moderators, Ringo, step down from the staff team this past July due to life just being busy! This is perfectly understandable, of course, and we were blessed to have had Ringo with us as one of our oldest staff members. She did such wonderful work during her time on the team, and we look forward to still seeing her around FH whenever she can pop online to share a snuggle or two. Stay awesome, Ringo!

In other news, we recently completed the Feral-Heart-Art Background Contest on our DeviantART page! We now have a lovely new fall-themed set of widgets for our main page, as well as art featured by the contest finalists. Be sure to check 'em out!

Hey, Tumblr users! Seen any art, map makers, preset makers, or any FH-themed artists you'd like to give a shout-out to? We'd love for you guys to send in your submissions to our Official FeralHeart Tumblr page! We love answering questions, but we'd really like to spruce things up with some submissions and spotlights on our wonderful artists in the community, too. Blog-perfect, right? Be sure to include credits (and even helpful links) to the artists when you submit!

Thanks for reading, and 'til next time~
-White/Allegra
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
Re: Autumn News Update 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 02:26:15 pm »
Wonderful update! I had been waitin to see what dem new colors where all about. ;3
Thanks for the update, White <3

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 02:45:00 pm »
This update looks wonderful :D Thanks for posting Whitey!

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 04:46:26 pm »
How lovely!
I must say the revamp of the star colors looks wonderful!
Thanks for the update, Whitey!
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 06:47:57 pm »
*Sqeals excitedly at the new stars*
A nice little update! Looking forward to all the events and such!

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 07:53:56 pm »
Yey, updates! Thanks for the lovely update, White! I like the new colors c:

Signature art by Kynvuu

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 08:11:07 pm »
Very nice update! I love the new colors for the stars and whatnot- they go along with the rest of the forum's colors nicely. Glad the spring cleaning went smoothly, also!

Happy autumn! <3

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 08:13:32 pm »
'Aye, bin' waitin' for the update.
Congrats to all ye' who won the MoTS.
Thank ye' for the update, Ms. Allegra. C:
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 08:18:08 pm »
I honestly like the new colours better than the old. They've been incorporated just in time too to match the Halloween spirit flyin' 'round. To this day still, I anticipate the arrival of the Halloween party 'n the Halloween Preset Contest alongside it. A lovely update this is madam. Thank ye' for postin' it.
gone

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 08:21:27 pm »
I love the new color scheme thing going on with the MOD titles 'n such; Seems more fitting not only to Halloween, but for the entire forum itself since it's all gold and red. Also, congratulations to the MoTS and thanks for the update! ^_^