Author Topic: Are there ANY other viverrids here?  (Read 1680 times)

Offline WingedWolf717

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Are there ANY other viverrids here?
« on: July 22, 2017, 06:57:18 am »
So when i play FH, i'm often a little banded civet (previously a common genet), but nobody seems to know what animal i am.
A banded civet is a Viverrid, and what a viverrid is is like...imagine the colors + markings of a jungle cat, and the body of a jungle cat mixed with a little fox or something. Well at least that's what most genets and civets are like xD
I really do not understand why viverrids are so unpopular. they've got the cute big eyes and ears, they have fur, ...i'm pretty sure they're carnivores or omnivores??? apologies for my failing memory xD GAH again i'm only focusing on genets/civets...
Another viverrid is a binturong, or bear cat. They are one of only 2 carnivores with a prehensile tail, if i remember correctly.
...GOODNESS, i ramble far far too much x'D Just look at these cute darlings for yourself if you don't know what they are http://www.arkive.org/explore/species?taxonomy=animalia_chordata_mammalia_carnivora_viverridae And if you DO know,
 my question is....well, hey, why aren't we talking?
(before i post this, a note, NO, viverrids are NOT canines or felines. a civet and a fossa are both viverrids in the same way a fox and a maned wolf are canines. They're their own thing!!)

TL,DR; I mainly play as a banded civet on FH, but nobody ever seems to know what they are or even what ANY viverrid is,
 so if you also like viverrids and/or have a viverrid char, let's talk about these highly underrated cyoots!! ♥
Icon & char in icon (c) WingedWolf717

Offline Vysena

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Are there ANY other viverrids here?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 03:25:21 pm »
I can't quite say that I've met anyone who has played as a viverrid, nor can i say that i have done so myself. I actually have never heard of these animals until now so i looked them up and they are pretty cute! it'd be neat to see more players running around as them, they're very unique :^)

|| Preset ||

Offline Foxfall

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 04:28:56 pm »
Gosh I love civets. Granted, I still wish I had more knowledge on them, but they're on my research roster. As of now, I'm working my way through the Viverroidea infraorder (mostly focusing on the civet's cousins, they hyenas and aardwolves). They're anatomy is by far some of the most interesting when it comes to the lumbar spine and tails. I'm so glad someone else likes them too!!

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 06:54:36 pm »
Moving this over to the game discussion board since I believe it will fit better there
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Siarczek

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Friendly Neighborhood Environmental Scientist
    • siarczek
    • siarczek-art
    • siarczki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 08:08:59 pm »
Viverrids are some of my favorite animals! I have a genet character named Kaiser:

It's really a shame they're so underrated!

OCs | Art | [url=https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=62880.n

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 03:45:30 pm »

TL,DR; I mainly play as a banded civet on FH, but nobody ever seems to know what they are or even what ANY viverrid is,
 so if you also like viverrids and/or have a viverrid char, let's talk about these highly underrated cyoots!! ♥

Never really heard of these animals until now. Most probably don't know what they are because they've never had the pleasure of learning about them. Most people in this game are more familiar with lions, tigers, wolves, hyenas, foxes, and all other more well-known animals, and like to stick with roleplaying as those. If they don't know what a civet or viverrids are, then it's a good chance to inform them of the animals. Maybe you'll inspire them to make a civet character of their own.

Looking at pictures of these civets on here makes me think of the Ringtail Cat that lives in south Texas and Central America. They look similar to the civet. Not too many people know about them either.

Inactive

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 04:34:11 pm »
Not going to lie, me's never quite heard of a viverrid before until, well, now.
I've clicked on the link ye've provided to find out the animals are quite cute! I would not know myself as to how me's not heard of them before.
Nevertheless, I applaud you on having a character belonging to such a regularly unused specie. You're introducing many to the awareness of viverrids just by doing such.
gone