Author Topic: Map Making- Islands not showing  (Read 977 times)

Valar.Morghulis

Map Making- Islands not showing
« on: January 16, 2018, 03:46:42 pm »
So I just made a new map, and while editing it, everything showed up it was okay. But when I exported it and went to cape of distant worlds and went into the actual map, there were no islands. Here are some photos:

This is while editing the map (it wasn't exported yet)

And this is when the map was exported into feral heart

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Map Making- Islands not showing
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 05:32:01 pm »
I would try to re-export your map a few times times as it's an object that didn't export with the .fho group. Sometimes this has happened before.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 05:35:17 pm »
I would try to re-export your map a few times times as it's an object that didn't export with the .fho group. Sometimes this has happened before.

I actually messed up because I was impatient and freaking out as always.. I accidentally deleted the map xD ;-; I’ll have to do everything all over again lmao So u can lock this topic since..well..yeah XD Hopefully next time it works and I’ll try and listen to your and someone else’s advice before doing anything on my own xD

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 05:50:46 pm »
That happens with any maps. some people see the islands, some don't.  Try replacing the islands with copies of the islands that have been copy-pasted to the map .fho?  i've tried that myself. Varying success, not always....
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 07:27:32 pm »
I actually messed up because I was impatient and freaking out as always.. I accidentally deleted the map xD ;-; I’ll have to do everything all over again lmao So u can lock this topic since..well..yeah XD Hopefully next time it works and I’ll try and listen to your and someone else’s advice before doing anything on my own xD

Did you empty your Recycling Bin yet? You can always recover your files from there ^^

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 07:30:00 pm »

Did you empty your Recycling Bin yet? You can always recover your files from there ^^

lol I did XDD ;-;

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 07:37:53 pm »
lol I did XDD ;-;

D'awww. I'm sorry to hear that. I know what it's like losing a bunch of work like that xD it's awful. Bests of luck to you and the recreation of this map. It looks really pretty. I will go ahead and lock this topic now that the issue no longer resides.