Author Topic: Official Item and Marking Pack  (Read 3031 times)

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Official Item and Marking Pack
« on: May 15, 2018, 04:22:26 am »
It seems nowadays, people across Feral-Heart use different item and marking packs. What if staff made an official item and marking pack that everyone used? I understand if staff is currently working on adding more of both, but I think it would be nice if players were able to submit entries or suggestions. Just a little idea for both staff and coders who would wanna help with a project like this! :3

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: Official Item and Marking Pack
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 01:19:46 pm »
Ooh!

I think this would be a wonderful idea. If I'm not mistaken though, I believe I saw one of the MODS say that they would have permission issues with it and etc. Though, this really would make everything so much more simple and uniformed. Great topic here!<3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 03:29:34 pm »
It is pretty inconvenient having all these different marking packs around, especially when a person sees you as wearing something totally different from what you actually have on. Sadly when it comes to most of the item packs currently around (as Ailuska mentioned) we just don’t have the permissions to make them official to the game. Can’t say we’ve discussed adding any new items though... that might be something worth looking into soon :) Although it will probably just add to more of the item pack madness lol

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 06:35:14 pm »
It is pretty inconvenient having all these different marking packs around, especially when a person sees you as wearing something totally different from what you actually have on. Sadly when it comes to most of the item packs currently around (as Ailuska mentioned) we just don’t have the permissions to make them official to the game. Can’t say we’ve discussed adding any new items though... that might be something worth looking into soon :) Although it will probably just add to more of the item pack madness lol

I totally agree with the inconvenience part that ye mentioned, if everyone had the same one I can only imagine how much frustration it would save for future endeavors.
New items? HYPE HYPE HYPE. YES.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 07:07:32 pm »
If I'm not mistaken though, I believe I saw one of the MODS say that they would have permission issues with it and etc.
Sadly when it comes to most of the item packs currently around (as Ailuska mentioned) we just don’t have the permissions to make them official to the game.

Yeah, that's why I thought users could submit items to be added. I didn't even know about some of the newer packs until recently. I had been using legendary for the longest time, both items and markings, and had been told several different kinds, which was annoying to a new player. Overtime, I knew more what I was doing or getting into, but I just think it'd be nice to have one official pack and players who could create these things could help. I'd love to get back into marking designs! I never could though because of the marking cap that the packs filled.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 07:10:16 pm »
We can free up some slots in the marking capacity by removing the MP# markings, as I've never seen a character use those markings. The 'Shinx' marking appears twice, so remove the second Shinx marking and that's around 7 slots free(I can't remember how many MP# markings there are).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 07:20:20 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 07:15:24 pm »
We can free up some slots in the marking capacity by removing the MP# markings, and the 'Shinx' marking appears twice, so remove the second Shinx marking and that's around 7 slots free(I can't remember how many MP# markings there are).
I think there are roughly 10? 12? Not real sure. But yeah, there are some markings that no one ever used, which is why user submitted ones have a higher chance of being used. Or it might help, unless the user creates a marking based off an OC or something.

Also things from other games or something were kinda weird. I mean, people might make pokemon so I understand some of those, but the random symbols from other things were kinda weird.

I actually may temporarily delete my current markings and see how I do at making new ones. It's been a while but I do now have a drawing tablet to work with! :D

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 07:52:07 am »
Wouldn't an 'official' marking pack be default?   And others that weren't default would be hard to say "Yeah we recommend this", you could but... might run into controversy.
 Legendary would be quick to update if new markings came out.  Only seen the MP# markings used a few times, most people wouldn't notice if they were swapped out...
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 08:44:33 pm »
Wouldn't an 'official' marking pack be default?   And others that weren't default would be hard to say "Yeah we recommend this", you could but... might run into controversy.
 Legendary would be quick to update if new markings came out.  Only seen the MP# markings used a few times, most people wouldn't notice if they were swapped out...

I mean one that completes the list without downloading other packs. I'm not sure if there's a max item limit though, but there is for markings.

Offline Siarczek

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Friendly Neighborhood Environmental Scientist
    • siarczek
    • siarczek-art
    • siarczki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 06:31:26 pm »
If FH were to do an official marking pack, it'd have to be a darn good one, because, like most people, the majority of my characters use markings from Legendary Markings. I'd like to see remakes of (at least) the most popular markings from LM, rather than something entirely different that wouldn't work as a good replacement for people who use LM.

OCs | Art | [url=https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=62880.n