Author Topic: Deliverance || Freedom is never given, its won. (Check Child Board)  (Read 4059 times)

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance

Deliverance

Deliverance tells the tale of two wolf packs deep in the Yukon territory of Canada during the 1800's. The Nanuak, driven by their religious devotion to their Goddess Skadi have established a dictatorship over the Unawari with the belief they deserve it. To them, the Unawari are nothing more than servant gifts from their honored deity. While the spark of revolution has long since died down, the younger generation of Unawari are growing bolder and less tolerable of the abuse of the Nanuak than their elders. Whether this is because of their youthful naivety or confidence rightfully placed, time will tell.

Deliverance was first established in the game FeralHeart February of 2017, and we have been together for a little over a year now. We pride ourselves on being moderately active, and not too strict on the activity quotas. We are here to have a good time, and if need be we have been known to go on short to long-term hiatuses if our members express stress or worry over their ability to log in and roleplay. This has served us well in the past and we have established a loyal group of members who have a burning passion for this roleplay and its world.

Do not be mistaken! During our hiatus off-time we are not stagnant, we are staunch worldbuilders and every time we go down we rise up better than before. Whether that be with a new and improved map, new lore or loads of art we take pride in what we do. We take lessons from the past and apply them to the present and future.

Interested after all of that? Then read about us below!

The Unawari
The Unawari are an enslaved but close-knit group of wolves who value all life as equal to their own.  The extreme connection between these canines has heavily influenced their actions and behavior, as they value their companions and pack dearly.  One would not dare do anything that might cause harm to those that they care about, such as disobeying the Nanuak.  This has held the group beneath the Nanuak rule, as they fear that defiance will result in punishment of the other Unawari.  In this pack, family comes first.  Generations of punishment and mistreatment by the Nanuak has, at this point, nearly wiped out the desire for rebellion within this pack. Most of those that are still interested in open opposition are younger, more radical individuals with a hunger for freedom.

The Nanuak
The Nanuak are a stern group of wolves who value strength and loyalty above all else. These values derive from their deeply rooted belief system in the Goddess Skadi. Young pups are raised from birth learning how to be devout followers of Skadi from the Nanuak Priests alongside the Commanders learning skills for their chosen rank. The Nanuak understand that Skadi has the power to give and take away. Life in the Nanuak under the Goddess calls for the following of a small creed. It is believed that as long as the pack follows those rules, the world belongs to them and the pack will continue to prosper.

While the roleplay forum and juicy details are private for members and interested members only, curious minds may see read a little bit about us here. If you're interested in joining afterwards further information on how to do so is listed down below!

realistic
Character creation and roleplay style is expected to remain realistic. We are rather known or being picky about how the characters in our group look as we strive to hit as close to realism we can get within a fictional universe and game. We have a character creation guideline listed beside the rules if anyone ever needs assistance with creating a Deliverance character. Our advice is always to choose a picture of a real wolf reference and model your characters after that!

literate
A minimum of one paragraph (or one full FH text box) is the requirement per-post in Deliverance. Spelling, and grammar also count towards our literacy goal as well. Lastly, we do not consider wolfspeak to be literate and prefer to cater to the side of the roleplaying community which does not use wolfspeak. Therefore we ask our members not to use wolfspeak in this roleplay.

mapped
Deliverance has a custom map created by our co-founder Rudo (boogiepaw on DA)! It's modeled after real life Canada and incredible to see and is a requirement for this roleplay.

religious
Both packs within this roleplay have custom religions and beliefs. It is important to know them when you join! The Staff team with the help of dedicated members have spent months doing their best to make sure the religious aspects of the roleplay were as unique and fleshed out as possible, its been months of work and we're proud of what we've accomplished! Due to it, the religious information sections of the forums are in-depth and lengthy for those who appreciate good worldbuilding and lore.

custom mythology
The creation team spent months brainstorming lore and mythology for the deities in Deliverance. We are rather proud of what we have accomplished thus far and are excited to share it with the rest of the Feralheart community.

moderately active
We do not force members to log in daily. Many of our members are older in age and do have jobs and other responsibilities. We understand if someone is unable to log in for whatever reasoning, however for higher ranks we are a slight more strict. A roleplay dies without active members leading it, we are well aware of that. Chances are, if you join this roleplay you'll absolutley have time for other RP's as well. We're a community that enjoys simply hanging out sometimes, rather than constant roleplay.

friendly community
Deliverance's oldest members have been together for nearly an entire year both roleplaying characters and plotting out complex character plotlines. We consider ourselves to be welcoming to new friends, so don't be shy! Jump in and get to know us on our Discord and in the roleplay itself. Please contact a member of Deliverance for an invite to the Discord.

Contact the creator of Deliverance on Discord here: OnionKnight #3241
View our website here: http://deliverance-fh.boards.net
Direct link to the forums: http://deliverance-fh.boards.net/forum

Affiliation with Deliverance!
Deliverance is open to affiliates!
In a simplified format to fit the theme of Feral Heart:
Affiliation is the partnership between two roleplays with the hope of helping one another out with recruitment via a link to one another's website. You will receive a small banner and advertisement for your roleplay on our website and in return we expect the same courtesy! Interested in affiliation with Deliverance? Read about it below!
http://deliverance-fh.boards.net/thread/141/affiliation-deliverance-read

Note: Our forum has a main home page, at the top left there is a "Forum" button. Click it to be directed to the actual forum itself. Our forum banner is still being worked on and adjusted and our map is in the works as well, it will be finished by the 31st on our return date but there is a preview for download on our Discord for testing and exploration as well as brainstorming ideas!

Map Previews:
(click to view)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 04:01:36 am by OnionKnight »

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs

Offline issycat

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • View Profile
Re: Deliverance || Freedom is never given, its won.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 08:35:17 pm »
Hello, everyone! I just wanted to write a little something for all of you who are scrolling over this post and are unsure about joining... Think of it as a first-hand look into Deliverance.

First Impressions of a New Member: I joined this RP earlier this month and I immediately felt at home. The forum is beautifully designed, with sleek lines of white and dark blue. The posts and threads on the forum are thoughtfully planned and articulate. Upon joining their discord server, I was instantly drawn to chat with the other members and found myself soon laughing at our little chats and sharing ideas for a character. Everyone is very helpful, and I was glad for it!

The Group: To say that this group is different from others is an understatement. The lore itself is extensive, and it's very easy to input your character's backstory and personality fluidly into it. For example, my character is an Unawari. He's ambitious, but due to the Nanuak's tyrannical rule of his pack, that ambition is hidden under fear and submission. Slowly but surely, his ambitious nature and drive for freedom are emerging. The thought and effort put into the groups' overall community, both out of character and in, are astounding!

Screenshots from Deliverance's Map:
I couldn't figure out how to put these images into spoiler, sorry!

Mulligan and his mate, enjoying time away...

Mulligan, the leader of the Nanuak, asks Adam if he knows anything about the Unawari uprising...

Adam, Carmelo (two Unawari) confront Bahamut (a Nanuak), which results in a spar between them.

After their spar, Adam sits alone in the cold, his fresh wounds a reminder that he is nothing... But deep inside, a spark is lit. The spark of rebellion.

issycat_#6125 on Discord
issycat_ on Twitch

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 11:57:35 pm »
Aaaa thank you Cam <3

Update: We have a little over 26 members now just waiting for the 31st, planning their characters and making friends! Come on down n' join us B)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 12:39:48 am by OnionKnight »

Signature art [c] Kr00bs

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 08:26:31 pm »
We are open for affiliation requests! Check that out here! Please feel free to DM me on Discord to discuss terms and possible affiliations. :) We're hoping to take advantage of the affiliation tab on our forum!
http://deliverance-fh.boards.net/thread/141/affiliation-deliverance-read

Signature art [c] Kr00bs

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 07:40:18 pm »
**UPDATED** With Map preview screenshots! We have four days left until our full return in-game! Feel free to join at any time!

Signature art [c] Kr00bs

Offline Kayote

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I will...never be a memory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 07:54:14 am »
Hey, everyone! I am bumping this to give it some light.
I wanted to talk about this pack right quick:

It has a LOT of potential. There are thoroughly written out religions, which really affect the way the game will play. The map is beautiful, and making a character MIGHT seem tedious, but if you are looking for a very serious roleplay, and want one that is going to last a good while, this would be one of them.
This is also run by mature players, which is extremely nice! If you are an experienced RPer looking for an RP to REALLY get into, this is it. There is room for a multitudinous amount of personalities and plots to move your character forward.

Please consider joining this one. It has a LOT of potential and it can get off the ground with you in it!
My friend, do you fly away now?
To a world that abhors you and I?
All that awaits you is a somber morrow
No matter where the winds may blow.
Usually around in-game on Sephiroth or Kay. I AM PRETTY NICE, OK.

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 01:50:03 am »
Hey, everyone! I am bumping this to give it some light.
I wanted to talk about this pack right quick:

It has a LOT of potential. There are thoroughly written out religions, which really affect the way the game will play. The map is beautiful, and making a character MIGHT seem tedious, but if you are looking for a very serious roleplay, and want one that is going to last a good while, this would be one of them.
This is also run by mature players, which is extremely nice! If you are an experienced RPer looking for an RP to REALLY get into, this is it. There is room for a multitudinous amount of personalities and plots to move your character forward.

Please consider joining this one. It has a LOT of potential and it can get off the ground with you in it!

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! It's really appreciated from ALL of our staff team and older members. We've spent months brainstorming and worldbuilding and its always pleasing to hear that people acknowledge that. While character creation can be a little bit of a pain because of our realism, creativity doesn't end at character looks and we're glad to see there are people out there who understand where we are coming from!

Signature art [c] Kr00bs

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 12:49:05 am »
**BUMP**
We've been going strong for awhile now and are always welcoming new members!

Signature art [c] Kr00bs

Offline Valrin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • thos beans.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 07:46:08 am »
Some screenshots from the winter version of the map!

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 02:42:29 am »
BUMPING -- Hello! We're still around and kicking! c:

Signature art [c] Kr00bs