Author Topic: game crashing after login screen  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Sabermoons

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Hoi^^
    • https://jazzy34511.deviantart.co
    • View Profile
game crashing after login screen
« on: February 05, 2019, 09:26:47 am »
So i put the legendary markings and items files where the idk what you call it said to put them. And then i opened up feral heart with no issue until after i logged in and it went to the character screen. When i got to the character screen it just said loading and then crashed about a minute later. I checked the particles file and changed the render system to the opposite to see if that would fix it but it didn't, it just kept crashing. Is the crashing caused by a problem with the LM/LI's orr??
Profile picture by Kaen-Jane on Deviantart :)

I'm jazz^^

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: game crashing after login screen
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 09:44:59 am »
the mods do have a small chance of making the game .exe not happy and overload

i'd try to reinstall. that worked for me in the past.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline GarySinise

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • No Guts, No Glory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 07:30:58 pm »
Make sure there's no doubles of anything and that each item/marking is in the correct file, I had one item in the models file by accident and it caused my game to crash continuously when pressing start until I removed it.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 07:57:19 pm »
  • As suggested above, often times uninstalling your game and deleting the FeralHeart folder before reinstalling the game can correct most issues that cause crashes.
  • Flipping through tabs can sometimes cause the game to randomly crash or when you have too many programs open at the same time while running FeralHeart.
  • Perhaps you've installed content such as mods, markings, items, and/or textures improperly or they themselves are causing errors.
  • Make sure there's no security software blocking the game.
    Quote from:
    Open up your Control Panel, located in the Start menu. Depending on which Operating system you use and which layout, it might look differently. But Windows firewall should be in the category "security," or just find the text, "Windows firewall" or "Allow a program through windows firewall". This should take you to the correct place.

Once there you'll get a new window with a list of programs. Try to locate FeralHeart.exe in there and add it to exceptions by marking the checkbox. If you can't find it, and the game to the list by yourself by pressing "add program."
  • Try running the game as an administrator.

Let us know if the problem persists.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Sabermoons

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Hoi^^
    • https://jazzy34511.deviantart.co
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 05:07:54 am »
@deu I tried everything listed and checked if the markings and items were installed improperly and i believe they were so i uninstalled FH, re-installed it and re-installed the items and markings correctly. However the problem persisted. So i uninstalled feral heart once more and this time im only installing the legendary items instead of marks. And the problem still exists. So I guess it's a problem with the legendary items and markings :/
Profile picture by Kaen-Jane on Deviantart :)

I'm jazz^^

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 08:33:13 pm »
In your main FeralHeart folder there should be a program named "unins000.exe" or "uninstall.exe". Run it and when it's finished, it should successfully wipe FeralHeart off your computer. Make sure to manually delete the rest of the folders.

Hope this helps.

Signature art by Kynvuu