Author Topic: Unable to Log Into Game  (Read 844 times)

teethvomit

Unable to Log Into Game
« on: February 13, 2019, 12:56:07 am »
Hello, I made my account yesterday.

I'm pretty sure I activated my account, had the tab open to play the game, and it still will not let me connect to the server. I went to my e-mail to double check my activation and tried it again, but it gives me the error of a wrong username (despite having done it correctly and such, since I am still able to use said username to log into here and whatnot). I checked the other help threads to see if anything was solved that may be what I'm experiencing.

May I have some help?
Thank you in advance!

-TV

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to Log Into Game
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 01:38:23 am »
Hey there!

Make sure your firewall isn't blocking FH if you haven't done that already.

Is the computer allowing FeralHeart to connect to the internet?
Games like these needs to be able to connect to the internet, but sometimes Windows doesn't know if the game/application can be trusted or it just skips, adding the game to exceptions. If you aren't able to log on the game, this might be your issue.

Open up your Control Panel, located in the Start menu. Depending on which Operating system you use and which layout, it might look differently. But Windows firewall should be in the category "security," or just find the text, "Windows firewall" or "Allow a program through windows firewall". This should take you to the correct place.

Once there you'll get a new window with a list of programs. Try to locate FeralHeart.exe in there and add it to exceptions by marking the checkbox. If you can't find it, and the game to the list by yourself by pressing "add program."

If you don't understand how to do this still, ask someone else to do this for you.

Sometimes there might be something else blocking the program from accessing the internet. A good example of these are some Antivirus programs. This can vary a lot as well. But check up if by any chance your virus program might be blocking Feralheart. And just not only by clicking the icon in the corner sayings, "nope!" Look in the advanced menus and preferences first. Only you can check this.

If that doesn't work, you should test to make sure your IP matches up. Here's how to do that:

Quote from:
Go to https://feral-heart.com/myip/ and that will show you the IP address that you're connecting to the panel with.
Then, download www.feral-heart.com/myip.zip and run it. When it's complete, see what IP address it gives to you and check if it matches with the first IP address. They must match! If they don't, you're probably using a proxy and you have to disable it. Do not post that IP address anywhere!

Furthermore, try switching browsers (other than Internet Explorer) as well to see if it'll let you connect to the game. You can also attempt to login to the Play Game tab using a mobile device if possible.

teethvomit

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 02:21:37 am »
Hello!

Thank you for the information, I did all that was asked (adding FH to the FW list and the IP were correct in both places).

Unfortunately, it now will not allow me to log in, saying that my username and password are incorrect. I tried opening the tab in both Firefox and originally in Google Chrome. But with no luck. Is it possible for someone to see if my email was actually activated?

As of now, I'm banned from the login for 15 minutes, but once it's up I'll try again. Is there anything else I may have missed?

Thank you again!

-TV

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 02:28:18 am »
a staff member can check if your account was activated or not and manually do it for you i believe

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 05:07:06 am »
Our way of detecting whether or not an account has been activated is not 100% foolproof. So this will not be a direct answer of yes it is or no it isn't. Only Razmirz would be able to tell if it's been fully activated.

Your account is not yet activated, as it appears to be, in our system. Unfortunately we don't have a reactivation system in place yet. If it is not letting you login and "Forgotten password" isn't working (just to ensure your password is absolutely correct) then there is no means of fixing this issue.

It could also be that you have not been able to sign in yet for the first time, for whatever reason, it could be showing it so there is still a chance that it's been activated.

If you are able to sign in to the login page, it means there's an issue with your connection when it comes to the game.

If you are not able to sign in to the login page, my advice is to go to "Forgotten password" and reset your password.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

teethvomit

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 02:33:38 am »
Thank you for the reply! I will do the password thing.

Also re-read up on the mega-help board and realized that I was using the numpad instead of the numbers over the letters.  It also wasn't working, so I will try the password.

Offline teethvomit

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 02:37:36 am »
EDIT: I deleted my account, and remade it. Got the email (used a different pass, it had a special character in it that may be the problem as to why it wasn't working in the first place) and I was able to log in! Thank you for all your help.

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 02:52:00 am »
Glad to hear your problem is now resolved. Have fun in the game! c:

LonesomeRider

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 02:57:59 am »
I'll go ahead and lock this for you! Glad it has been resolved~ let me or another staff member know if you'd like it unlocked if any issues come up.