Author Topic: Making a map  (Read 599 times)

Offline Cynamia

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Making a map
« on: February 17, 2019, 01:44:46 pm »
Hello. I was planning on making a map set in the arctic, but I have a slight problem. The design includes floating islands. How can I put them on the map if I dont know how to make my own objects, meshes, etc. There is five of the islands. The highest one has a small cave with a pond inside, from the pond flows a river that makes a waterfall to the other islands and so on.

Thanks for the help!

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
Re: Making a map
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 02:18:16 pm »
Hi there!

Go to the start menu of FeralHeart, click Creative Den, and then Object Maker. Once you're there, click on the mesh tab and type in RockIsland.mesh or RockIsland2.mesh in its designated category. The material should show up on its own so don't worry about that. The only flaw with this object is that the islands have a grass texture rather than a snow one which would be logical if your map is set in an arctic environment. (If you would like some winter meshes or whatnot, let me know!)

Edit: Also if you want your floating island to be solid instead of actually being able to walk through it, click on your island mesh, go to the "Collision" tab, and press "Add New" which is found at the bottom left of that category. The collision type should be "box" which is already set for you.

To get other objects on your island, your only hope is to use the Y coordinate yourself to raise the object. The Y control is located in your Map Maker and it is the fourth tab available at the top which is called "Controls".

If you need more assist or screenshots explaining this, I'd be more than willing to provide you with some! :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 02:26:54 pm by Notorious. »

Offline Cynamia

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 04:59:38 pm »
Hi,

thanks for the help, and yes, i would like to have some winter meshes. However, im not able to pay for them. Is that okay with you?

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 06:39:09 pm »
Hi,

thanks for the help, and yes, i would like to have some winter meshes. However, im not able to pay for them. Is that okay with you?

That's fine! There's no requirement to pay for the winter meshes I'll provide you with so it's all free.

Glave has a winter set here
There's an ice cave mesh here as well if you're interested in that!

There should also be a rock mesh with some snow on top of it in your default rock folder if you didn't already know.

Glad I was able to help!