Author Topic: How big is FH?  (Read 1013 times)

wolfdog01

How big is FH?
« on: February 22, 2019, 04:01:35 pm »
Hola everyone, I will be getting a brand spanking new laptop very soon. It will be some version of Microsoft Surface Pro probably, looking at a 2017 or a 2018 one. I'll be going to Best Buy tomorrow to talk to someone about which one would be best, and I would like to know the size of FH. Idk if that would be like memory size or what, I'm not that tech savvy lol. I can't imagine FH being that massive to where it can't run on the new laptop but I wanna make sure cause I could be wrong.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: How big is FH?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 04:20:15 pm »
Last I checked, it was around 150-160MB I think? Please don't take me up on that, and I'm pretty sure that was before the update. But nah, it shouldn't hurt anything. My 4GB computer holds it just fine.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 05:15:46 pm »
It's exactly 169mb if you don't add any mods to it.

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 12:48:09 am »
Modern disc storage nowadays is always several GiB, so storing the game should never be an issue (especially with many modern games being 20GiB or so in size average...). If this link is anything to go by, you also have more than enough memory at 8GiB. The game itself uses like 512MiB-1GiB of memory depending on mods installed.

wolfdog01

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 01:27:37 am »
Thank ya'll so much! I have been messing around with the laptop for a while and I love it. The colors are off from my old laptop so now my fursona looks more pink than purple like how my phone displayed it. That also means that anything I based her colors on with the old laptop are now wrong, including the fursuit lol. But other than that I am in love with this computer, finally got the laptop of my childhood dreams!
Once again, thank ya'll so much!

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 05:00:07 am »
Glad you got it all sorted out! Locking this since it seems to be resolved c: Feel free to PM a staff member if anything else comes up or if you need the thread unlocked for any reason.
Congrats on your new computer!