Author Topic: Why FeralHeart Could Be So Buggy  (Read 1393 times)

Offline emr100

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • makes 1000s of characters- yet never uses them.
    • Emr100
    • View Profile
Why FeralHeart Could Be So Buggy
« on: March 25, 2020, 07:31:30 pm »
So, in the Game Help sub, i've been noticing a lot more people reporting crashy games or just laggy in general. How come?

Well, I suspect that it could be traffic. Due to you know, The Virus, a lot more people are left inside playing games. FeralHeart hasn't had this much activity in a while, so the servers probably can't handle this much people coming in. Or, it could be that since technology improves a little bit every day, the game could just be wearing down. It hasn't been updated in nearly a year, so I doubt that that could be the culprit.

What do you think it could be? Thanks for reading this!

l3irdie

Re: Why FeralHeart Could Be So Buggy
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 08:56:07 pm »
It could be very possible since we've gained maybe 50 more people coming online, but also note that the individual issues themselves aren't really anything new and they usually have an easy fix. It could be that the forum is of easier access at the moment and that we did gain 50 people (something might of unleashed lol)
But I do think there is some issues on the server-side of things that have been building up over time, and that Raz has yet to address these issues.
But there has been a lot of help threads are lately, but my guess is as good as any as to why. It's just fortunate they are issues with sometimes easier resolution

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 09:25:45 am »
I have been playing FH for quite a few months, but the forum started to interest me only now, when the game is overloaded. And I also noticed a lot of new people. I'm worried about the fact that in addition to the game, the forum will also be overloaded. It would be a pity.
On new account Aiiokia

Offline awesomelyodd

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Life is too short to drink cheap beer
    • sirawesomelyodd
    • Awesomelyodd
    • View Profile
    • LinkedIN
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 04:34:04 am »
Sorry but, 50 people aint enough to 'overload' a server. Not even 100.
At most it will lag until it locks up due to lack of resources to handle the traffic.
But a simple reboot can fix that latter.

Offline Willersmunk

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • My profile may say "Newbie," but I am not 'New' xd
    • Willersmunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 12:49:54 pm »
Back in FH's heyday, it wouldn't be unusual to see 200 - 400+ people on at a time, spread across the maps. Honestly, there are a lot of issues going on rn with the server and that could also be a cause to a lot of stability issues. I can't get on with the idea, however, that the server has not been changed since the game's invention. That's simply not on/not true. I'm personally going to wait until something official is said on the matter and everything is explained. Which is what I recommend for all of us, just be patient and let the server controller and the moderation team work it out.
Best to live the life you have, while you have it. Or just be me and sit inside all day because I have no reason to leave the house.

l3irdie

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 12:58:34 pm »
If we're talking stability issues, I agree with what's been said above that 50 or some people is pretty light. There would be a lot more stability issues back in the day where there was 200+ people per map and additionally with Fluorite Plains being a massive strain and maybe one of the roots of those issues.

This was made before the server kinda went down (like the day before) lol, so the question is valid but again I think since the update over the summer there are bugs that need to be worked