Poll

Should we have a species board?

Yes
71 (74%)
No
25 (26%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Author Topic: Species board?  (Read 30836 times)

Offline Sarine

• ~The Mysterious Cupcake or TMC~
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
    • Meep Home
Re: Species board?
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 09:13:07 am »
@Emerald: Yeah, that was what I was thinking too ... at some point the "Presets" suboard could prove enough... I think..

FirestarLuva

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 11:59:04 am »
Yes! :D

Offline tigertail123

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 02:39:52 pm »
 I'm not exactly crazy on the idea, but I guess so.  :-\

As long as no one accuses & argues, and all that junk.

Offline tigertail123

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 02:41:45 pm »
 I was also thinking the same thing (From one of you X3)
 Why create new species, though, when you have presets to show off? x3

Silentstep

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 03:20:57 pm »
Cub says yes. I have this idea for a species that's about half-feline, half-canine, but not a hybrid. I'd really like to share this idea, but I don't know where to put it.

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 03:39:39 pm »
Yes :]

Jane

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 09:42:33 pm »
I fully agree with the species section.  As a few others have said above, without a board designated for everybody's species threads, the roleplay section would definitely get cluttered.  Pride threads would mingle with species threads, people would lose their threads amongst others, etcetera etcetera.

As for Red's statement concerning accusations toward others, yes, that's quite possible.  If one were to post their species thread, and someone sees it that just happens to have a character who resembles said species, a quarrel could possibly brew and lead to some unnecessary drama.  Same thing goes for someone who aims to create their own species; they could accuse another person for "stealing" their idea, when in reality it's kind of first-come-first-serve.

Despite all of that, though, it's nothing that a simple, tranquil, "Will you please edit your character/species a bit to prevent confusion~?" couldn't fix, or an administrator taking action depending on how out-of-hand a situation may be.  People should know what actions are appropriate and inappropriate in a forum community, and if they don't, then they should simply be taught.

So, overall, I have no problem with a species thread, nor do I think the risks outweigh the benefits.  It'd be necessary in my case, as well as most people here, as there's a good chance we all have species we'd like to share with the public.

Makarov

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 11:58:27 am »
I agree with a species section.
Many because I have so many different species I need to sort out xD

Koneko

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 08:52:23 pm »
I gotta say yes, people love sharing their creations to others and hearing their opinions. X3

Arukardis

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 09:42:27 pm »
Thing I thought about though, is that some are very protective of what they "come up with" so even if there are several ways to edit a character. It might happen that people would go around accusing someone for being a species they came up with and then refer to the species board as a backup arguement. That others are not being creative enough. Maybe even Tell them to look different?

I know, this accuse part could happen inside the game without a species board anyway. But then it would be words against words atleast.

Maybe it wont happen, but I just don't like the idea right now. Maybe I have something more to it. But arrp.

Couldn't agree more. Next time you know it, you'll be accused of stealing a WhateverFeline species and be asked to change your char's look. I mean. The editor only lets you do so much when it comes to body shape and whatnot. You can't copyright a certain look and tell people not to use it because it's your own creation made from limited body shapes. I have my own made up species and all that, but they are unique and cannot be created at all in the character edito.

I just hope people won't b*tch about this.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:43:59 pm by Arukardis »