Author Topic: You in FH vs. You in the Forums  (Read 20784 times)

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
You in FH vs. You in the Forums
« on: September 29, 2014, 10:00:40 pm »
So I don't know about you, but my character(s) sometimes acts different than I do on the Feral Heart forums.

So, what about you guys?

Do you act different in the forum then you do on the game?
How do you act different?
How do you act in the game?
How do you act in the forum?

Example: When I'm on the forum, I usually try to make an effort to use good punctuation and grammar, although I may be more flexible and more lenient in-game. I could consider myself a tad reserved, in real life situations, though I attempt to be friendly toward everyone. c:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 03:25:55 am by warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: You in FH vs. You in the Forums
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 10:02:39 pm »
[Apologies in advance if this topic has already been created. Please just let me know, and lock the topic. Thank you.]

-ws-  :)

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 10:06:22 pm »
In-game, I'm much shyer and I sometimes am afraid to even whisper a friend. Then, the forum me tries to be more professional and serious (SOMETIMES) but the in-game me is more random :3

I could probably think of a few more examples later, but that's all I can think of for now.

Offline Kate13

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 10:23:03 pm »
I don't spend a lot of my time on the forums, but I'll usually act (strangely enough) more professional in the game. You'll usually find me in a semi-lit to lit warrior cat rp. :)

Offline CatCake

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 12:18:18 am »
I'm quite different, as you can see. In-game, I'm quite 'funny' and random, but here, on the forums, I'm trying to be as polite as possible, I'm trying to help people.

Zap.exe stopped working

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 12:45:27 am »
In game, I try to atleast make an effort to keep my grammar and punctuation correct but most of the time if its in my mind, its going on my keyboard even if its written like a 2 year old.

On the forums however, I have more time to think about what I'm going to say and take the time to proof read what I've written a few times before I post.

Not around much anymore but add me on Discord if you want to chat. jellyfish2224

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 01:45:50 am »
( I really like this topic<33 )

I would say I'm a bit different on the forums then I am in-game, but really not too much. What you see is pretty much what you get both ways (sort of). I shall explain~

On The Forums
I make an effort to have correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Especially when I'm speaking generally on the forums and not just privately (PMs). Most often I keep my sentences complete, and I follow basic grammatical rules. Additionally, I tend to naturally speak a bit more formally on the Forums. Although if I'm on a good friends thread I'll often litter it with purposeful errors.
(Example: "Hey! How are you? :3")

In-Game
I tend to be a lot more loose in game with my speaking. I tend to use slang and shortened words a lot more than I use on the Forums. However I still tend to naturally start my sentences with capital letters(which I know some dont in game). Although in-game I often don't speak in complete sentences or at the very least I sometimes don't add punctuation to the end(unless I say more then one sentence).
(Example: "Halloo! How is yew? :3")

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 02:48:37 am »
Vespian tends to act the same on the forums as well as in the actual game. Although, there are some minor differences.

On the forums, me guesses ye can say I'm much more outspoken and prone to conversation while in the game, I'll hardly utter a word less addressed directly. Whether in-game or on the forums, I use my own collection of slang (that apparently makes I sound like a pirate?) and punctuation. There have even been some instances where I'll partake in tumblr speak, though scarcely.

Not much of a difference regardless. Vespian acts like Vespian through and through no matter what program or tab may be open.
gone

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 03:04:16 am »
As for myself, I've got to second what Vask already said.

When I'm drifting 'round the forum I prefer to type in a formal manner (excluding when I'm directly responding to a close friend of course, lol).
I like to come off, to other and newer members, as mature and helpful, and in doing so I like to use proper phrases and the like.

However.
Most of the time while in-game I'm an intentional moron. X3
This is just because when I'm in-game, I'm with good friends the majority of the time, and when I'm with friends all I do is joke around and ramble nonsense- with an exception of course, of when I'm speaking with a user I've never met; in said situation I swap back to my (usually) mature, friendly manners. C:

Quite an interesting topic, hun!
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 07:29:39 pm »
Well, I'm a bit different in game and on the forum.
Similarly to a few others before me, I'm much more formal on the forums, and more of a random goofball in game.
I guess in game, it's usually just me and a few friends, so I can just let out all my strangeness openly, but the forum seems more of a sophisticated place to me.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya