Author Topic: Priorities  (Read 22536 times)

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Priorities
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2019, 03:11:22 am »
This honestly just turned into a huge mess and it's so sad. Never before have I ever seen people actually step down from MOTS....it's....sad....this whole thing is sad. My heart cries for this game. I know things may be ok but....still....

Part of why I left in the first place and not really make a decision to ever come back. I've watched this game just....keep on a steady decline since I've been involved with the community....

I just hope Raz....that you're right and everything will be ok. Please let it be ok...I'm putting my faith and trust in you friend....
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 03:13:12 am by Azura »

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2019, 03:55:45 am »
This thread kind of was thrown off course... the main problem is that players aren't giving much insight on what is being planned. Community suggestions are being thrown to the side as "unimportant" when we don't even know what the priority is. It has nothing to do with any of the mods' (or MOTS' apparently?) individual behavior, but more as a collective whole.
Gonna quote myself. Not to toot my own horn though, just to raise a point. (that i know was mentioned before but gonna mention it again hehe)
I think the main problem with the staff team, like lack of transparency, is the fact that there isn't much that can be reported. I believe there should be more things our staff team could be able to do (such as forum editing). This game is small and we are unable to do much, yes, but there is still a lot to be done. Mostly on the forums in my perspective.
I understand how hard it is to create a new stable team in the state the game is now. So, it will be much easier to create improvements within the current moderation group right now.
But, ya know, we don't run the game. It's ultimately a choice we can't make, but please look at this in our perspective.

wolfdog01

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2019, 04:30:11 am »

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2019, 06:34:27 am »
I never really got a chance to put my own personal opinions in on this, as I wanted to give the space for people who had more knowledge of the way Feral Heart has changed over the last few years. However, I feel like the more people who speak out on this the better. (A lot of this will probably be already have been said, but I feel it's important either way). As someone who was a MOTS before the extra involvement was opened up to them, I really am shocked that two of the three MOTS stepped down this season. I've NEVER seen anything like that, and I think it truly speaks to what's happening between the staff and community relationships. Giving MOTS more 'power' in a sense is super cool !! I'm all for it. I will absolutely admit, I don't fully understand exactly how much the MOTS are involved, whether it's optional to become super involved, etc etc. Either way, it's really disheartening to see these people, who should be celebrated and listened to as powerful voices in this community, voluntarily step down.

Personally, I think this thread has really gone off the rails regarding the subject at hand. MOTS aside, this is about staff transparency. I don't think any of us are asking you to spill your guts about every single project that might happen over the course of the year. I believe that creating an open space for users to see that something is going on is better than nothing. This tense and almost hostile energy going on is the exact opposite of what could be happening. I truly think that being open to change, as well as communicating with the users, will create a positive and passionate energy within this lovely community full of people who want to get involved. Like I said before, nobody's asking to get MOTs level transparency with staff. I do believe that should be something special and reserved for those members. But anything that opens a direct line between staff and community, would cause so much more good than harm. I fully encourage staff to talk to the community if they don't know how they could achieve this effectively. I will never ever doubt the expertise and experience of the current staff, and they may very well know better than any of us. But there is always strength in numbers, and there are clearly so many community members wanting this to happen. We are here and we want to see progress! I absolutely fell in love with this game and all the people in it; I'd love to see this kind of problem handled with more understanding and open ears. Pushing back against the users who desperately want to keep the fire this game has lit isn't the answer we need. This shouldn't be a battle against one another, it needs to be us solving issues and problems as a community.

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 301
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2019, 10:17:44 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm going to stop challenging people who clearly don't understand what they are talking about. Guess I've had enough fun. Though if people wish to continue I'm game. ;)

I didn't want to do this because I don't agree with it. Its supposed to be down to the MOTS but here goes.

The MOTS Proposal kinda vague isn't it? But it does define a small number of rules and powers along with limits to said powers.

I'll be honest It took me 3 maybe even 4 attempts to get the community this proposal. When did I finally get it in? During the chaos of last October as I was able to push it in without all the staff.

If you read the MOTS Proposal carefully you will see it actually allocates the MOTS a fairly powerful position.

Its the ultimate in transparency. Hence the staff are concerned about it being misused.

Back to why its vague. I never intended to define the MOTS role. I had ideas of how it might be used. But the moment you start adding guidelines you start limiting what can be done with it. So I tried to keep it as simple and as open as possible.

I am fully aware the staff produced a guide in the staff room for the MOTS. However any self respecting MOTS if they took the time to look at that and compare it to the proposal should be going hang on a minute this is not what I agreed to in the first place.

In 3 generations of MOTS they have not used their power to challenge the staff. It took a discussion I had yesterday with an ex MOTS to even make them realise they can ask for things to help them do their job. Hence the new board now in the news section.

To be clear the MOTS role its NOT defined by the staff. The MOTS need to look at what they have agreed to and make full use of it.

I'm most disappointed that 9 different MOTS have rolled into here now and the very little has been done by them to build their position.

One mistake I did make is to instantly swap out one set of MOTS for another I understand now that I need to allow them a transition period to hand over to each other.

Perhaps this gives a little more insight to what the MOTS should be and why I'm annoyed that fingers are still being pointed at the staff.(It's really no longer the staffs issue any more)

Lets see what happens next.

FYI I have sent invites to the runners up as we have lost some MOTS.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 01:00:00 pm by razmirz »
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline LupusK

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • My desire to inspire
    • LupusKing
    • View Profile
    • Read my stories
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2019, 02:34:53 pm »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm going to stop challenging people who clearly don't understand what they are talking about. Guess I've had enough fun. Though if people wish to continue I'm game. ;)

I didn't want to do this because I don't agree with it. Its supposed to be down to the MOTS but here goes.

The MOTS Proposal kinda vague isn't it? But it does define a small number of rules and powers along with limits to said powers.

I'll be honest It took me 3 maybe even 4 attempts to get the community this proposal. When did I finally get it in? During the chaos of last October as I was able to push it in without all the staff.

If you read the MOTS Proposal carefully you will see it actually allocates the MOTS a fairly powerful position.

Its the ultimate in transparency. Hence the staff are concerned about it being misused.

Back to why its vague. I never intended to define the MOTS role. I had ideas of how it might be used. But the moment you start adding guidelines you start limiting what can be done with it. So I tried to keep it as simple and as open as possible.

I am fully aware the staff produced a guide in the staff room for the MOTS. However any self respecting MOTS if they took the time to look at that and compare it to the proposal should be going hang on a minute this is not what I agreed to in the first place.

In 3 generations of MOTS they have not used their power to challenge the staff. It took a discussion I had yesterday with an ex MOTS to even make them realise they can ask for things to help them do their job. Hence the new board now in the news section.

To be clear the MOTS role its NOT defined by the staff. The MOTS need to look at what they have agreed to and make full use of it.

I'm most disappointed that 9 different MOTS have rolled into here now and the very little has been done by them to build their position.

One mistake I did make is to instantly swap out one set of MOTS for another I understand now that I need to allow them a transition period to hand over to each other.

Perhaps this gives a little more insight to what the MOTS should be and why I'm annoyed that fingers are still being pointed at the staff.(It's really no longer the staffs issue any more)

Lets see what happens next.

FYI I have sent invites to the runners up as we have lost some MOTS.

Oh get off your god damn high horse and quit acting like your words are some form of gospel. Let me just say one thing that's really irritated me in your response here. You make it sound like these MOTS that left the position because they realised they were wrong, No sir, that's quite delusional of you to think that. It's quite funny how you mention that we fail to understand you since you C L E A R L Y don't understand what point the MOTS tried to do, it's just the MOTS either, like I said, most of the player base agrees something needs to change. you'd probably realise that if you actually took the time to get on once in a while instead of being a damn recluse. Your response to this was totally acidic and uncalled for, and your responses further are just as bad, Allow me just to quote Vortex a minute but
"No one to blame but-"
"Everyone pointing fingers-"
You keep thinking this isn't the fault of your staff team when yes, it's your staff team's performance that's caused this but no. We can talk about anything but the performance of your precious band of narcissistic monkeys that'll jump at the given order to jump. It's your first response, the "MOTS this is your one and final warning if you even entertain a situation like this again you will be booted." That's escalated it. Nobody has agreed with your statements and yet you S T I L L believe you're right. You're just as delusional as your staff are. You'll just assume it's the MOTS trying to pander to the community and in breaches of this MOTS proposal. Sure the MOTS were meant for give some transparency to the community but don't they have a right to speak up for them if it's necessary? Most of the community believe something needs to change, I'm pretty sure that's necessary enough, no? I'd actually praise them for actually speaking up and making you more aware of it since the community have tried for months but got nothing but excuses. that or you just dodge the question. What's the matter with giving them what they want instead of threatening the people trying to do their job? You sure did a good job at showing how you handle these situations.

Apologies to the community and staff. (The ones most deserving of that title.) for snapping, I've had quite enough of this shenaniganary but I've decided to leave this here as a more of a adios message. FH's been home to me for 8 years, I've mentioned this on multiple occasions but I'm not sitting her for another minute and watching full grown adults run what Kovu created into the ground all because they too full of themselves to see what they did wrong and own up to it. Especially when the main individual codes the god damn game. I'm done pretending things will improve. The way I see it, if there's no change, there's no hope. Have fun guys! I'll speak to you bun-buns on Discord. and yes, the 3 mods I mentioned in my last post, DON'T apply to this comment whatsoever. I just want to make that clear.

Peace.
Feedback is a blessing.

Good feedback is encouragement.
Bad Feedback is motivation.

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 301
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2019, 02:59:33 pm »
Hey LoopyLoo

Did you read my post? Don't think you did as the only mention of the MOTS that left was the last line simply saying I've invited the runners up.

In fact reading though I beg to question if you read any of my posts. Did you actually read the MOTS Proposal before making any assumptions?

But if you really want to go good luck to you in your future endeavours.

Raz
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline LupusK

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • My desire to inspire
    • LupusKing
    • View Profile
    • Read my stories
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2019, 09:08:10 pm »
Your mots wouldn't have had a reason to leave if it wasn't for what you said. I've read what you said, the same gibberish about the MOTS proposal and trying to justify your logic. but like I've said that I'm assuming you haven't read is that what the MOTS tried to do was speak up about what the community want and that's a change. your response was completely ridiculous and toxic. It begs the question if you even care about the community at all? your justification isn't enough to verify what you was intending to input and you messed up, again but instead of apologising or simply admitting it, you continue to fault someone else. Those MOTS didn't deserve that at all. They had the communities best interests in mind and would speak up for them because clearly you or your mods wouldn't even take what the community said into consideration. I'll leave it at that as I'm not going to repeat myself for the third time already.

I'm done.
Feedback is a blessing.

Good feedback is encouragement.
Bad Feedback is motivation.

Offline ThatsNotOk

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Der Fleischkönig
    • ThatsNotOk
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2019, 09:30:07 pm »
Every time I look back at this thread it's a wreck! Delicious, but also, ouch so many brick in my mouth!

May I make a suggestion? Perhaps you're in need of more transparency between yourselves, rather than us. You people in the captain's chair's squabbling, because none of you can possible agree/the ones who try to bring order to your staff team are shut down and mocked, I go in-game, I see one of you, and I freak out. Why? Bottom line, there's a problem with how you function, and I don't want to get caught up in your baby-shriek thunderstorm.

Again, big love to those on the staff who are genuine people who are trying to untie this stupid knot. I want to play this game, I want to go home and pretend I'm a dog for a little while. I don't want to consume a chunk of cement because the people above me can't calm down and talk.

Remember, you're running a children's game, not all of Slovakia. Don't turn into a politician if you're not running a country

:)

This game reminds me of the war.

Offline Greymane

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • well
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2019, 09:54:55 pm »
I am yet to understand wtf is this thread about
Not the guy she told you not to worry about.