Author Topic: Thanksgiving Favorites  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Kahbloom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Happy Camper
    • Kahbloom
    • View Profile
Thanksgiving Favorites
« on: November 06, 2018, 03:07:31 am »
So, turkey day is nearly upon us.

*gobble noises*

I wanted to know what the community loved about Thanksgiving.

What makes your Thanksgiving day special? (if you celebrate, of course!)
What are you most thankful for? What are your favorite things about the holiday?

Are you planning on going out for Black Friday? Or are you going to lock yourself in your house until the craziness is all over? haha.

For me, my Thanksgiving is most special because of family, mashed potatoes, & apple pie. (mmm, food)
I have relatives coming in from out of state this year which I'm very excited about, & I'm going to be using my sister's amazing recipe to bake her incredible apple pie, since she won't be able to do it this year.
I really love the idea of Thanksgiving, as I think the general idea of the holiday is very sweet & pure. It's just a day for families to come together & eat food & enjoy each other's company.
I'm also planning to go out for Black Friday! Hopefully, things won't be too crazy this year. *crosses fingers*

Tell me what your favorite things are about turkey season. ;) I wanna' know!
Please say hello if you see me in-game!
kahbloom.deviantart.com

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
Re: Thanksgiving Favorites
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 03:41:02 am »
What makes your Thanksgiving day special?
What makes my Thanksgiving day special is getting to hang out with friends, relatives, and etc! But most importantly, the delicious food.

What are you most thankful for? What are your favorite things about the holiday?
I am most thankful for the ones who have always been there for me whether it'd be real life friends, online ones, or certain people in my family! My favorite thing about the holiday is that Thanksgiving is one of those special days where people get to connect with others the most and form a strong bond.

Are you planning on going out for Black Friday? Or are you going to lock yourself in your house until the craziness is all over?
I dunno! Though I'm planning on getting a couple of new games and possibly and new laptop since I really need a fresh one at this point. I think I'm going to stick with making purchases online rather than going out to get those things. But if everything seems pretty chill I'll go out myself! I don't want to get suddenly trampled on, haha.

Hopefully everyone has a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving when the time comes to celebrate it!

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 03:56:27 am »
I'm a simple man---I'm just here for the food. :P

Black Friday's way too high energy for me, I usually just stay home and try to catch the online deals!

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 04:41:36 am »
Thanksgiving, to me, means quality time with family or...your to-be in-laws...which can get hectic
hehe. My favorite Thanksgiving foods would have to be the classic Pumpkin Pie; Mashed Potatoes; and Stuffing. I never really care for
the turkey unless its bathed in gravy.
Black Friday is hilarious to watch. I never participate though. I, surprisingly, dont have a death wish

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 06:08:42 am »
I just hecking love the food. My favorites being the turkey, stuffing, and sweet potatoes. Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 07:13:43 am »
Hey Notorious. I’m stealing your response layout, hope you don’t mind xD

My Thanksgiving is made special to me because it’s a time of feast and collected relaxation with my family. Unlike most days in the year it truly feels like a time to just be silly and carefree. Something about the bustling sounds of my family/friends together, warmth in the house, smell of food cooking, and music or holiday movies playing just fills the soul.

I’m most thankful to just be able to celebrate Thanksgiving another year with the people I love and care for. I’m thankful to have a roof over my head, good food, and my well being. Honestly my favorite things about the holiday is just reuniting with and spending time with the family. I love the food especially since we often cook special dishes that we don’t regularly eat year round. In general I just love how Thanksgiving starts that feeling of Christmas being in the air and the further celebration that is to come in the following month

Are you planning on going out for Black Friday? Or are you going to lock yourself in your house until the craziness is all over?
Nope too chaotic lol. I’d rather just eat until I’m super full and happy and sleep away the night and morning. Nothing like some lazy calm time after a fun exciting day and feast the prior days :)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 07:15:35 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 07:25:21 am »
Simply being with friends and family is what makes my Thanksgiving day special. They're what I'm most thankful for really, and to have this opportunity to relax and spend some quality time with them is lovely all on its own. The food is also a great part as well, of course! There's always a lot of good stuff prepared - lots of turkey and stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberry salsa, pumpkin and pecan pies. The list goes on. <3 I might have already had an unofficial Thanksgiving dinner a few days ago. Grandparents decided to do some prep and they made a lot of turkey and gravy as well as a few other common Thanksgiving dishes. Lots of good eating this month. <3

As for Black Friday, I never really participated in it. Don't think I ever will, to be honest. A bit too hectic for me, so I would rather be in the comfort of my home, in bed, and away from all of the chaos.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 07:27:12 am by Panzram »

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline AntsyCat

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • "No Rain no Flowers"
    • deviantart.com/antsycat
    • https://twitter.com/antsy_cat
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 07:35:04 am »
The fact I have 3 different Thanksgivings *drools* one at my house, a HUGE one at my cousins house, and usually another and my g'mas. All filled with wonderful food

I should probably say family since they're wonderful, but I honestly think it is school. I'm having such an amazing and productive time in college I could never be more happy than I am right now. Wonderful friends, wonderful professors, wonderful classes (except like.. One bad egg)

I have never went black Friday shopping and nneevveerr wwiilll. Online Black friday? Sure thing, but I live in the middle of a city and going into a crowded city Walmart on Black Friday seems horrifying

Find me on my character Antsy or within the rp The Wild Woods!~

I'm always open to pms or whispers on FH!

Discord: Antsycat #3203

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 12:56:00 pm »
Hey Notorious. I’m stealing your response layout, hope you don’t mind xD

My Thanksgiving is made special to me because it’s a time of feast and collected relaxation with my family. Unlike most days in the year it truly feels like a time to just be silly and carefree. Something about the bustling sounds of my family/friends together, warmth in the house, smell of food cooking, and music or holiday movies playing just fills the soul.

I’m most thankful to just be able to celebrate Thanksgiving another year with the people I love and care for. I’m thankful to have a roof over my head, good food, and my well being. Honestly my favorite things about the holiday is just reuniting with and spending time with the family. I love the food especially since we often cook special dishes that we don’t regularly eat year round. In general I just love how Thanksgiving starts that feeling of Christmas being in the air and the further celebration that is to come in the following month

Nope too chaotic lol. I’d rather just eat until I’m super full and happy and sleep away the night and morning. Nothing like some lazy calm time after a fun exciting day and feast the prior days :)

Ayy no worries! You're fine, haha. <3

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 01:14:31 pm »
We don't celebrate thanksgiving here, but those turkeys do look nice on the table.. >.>

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox