Author Topic: Thanksgiving Favorites  (Read 2413 times)

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Thanksgiving Favorites
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 04:22:53 am »
I'm ready for the turkey.

Thanksgiving in my family usually consists of everyone gathering at someone's house for lunch and dinner. I'm not the biggest socializer, but it's one of the few times in the year where family from my mother's side are able to congregate for a while and enjoy the season. (Thankfully we don't have many argumentative folks who join us, so it's relatively relaxed and laidback.) I enjoy the colder weather, if we're lucky enough to be blessed with a cold front, and the tasty foods, the foreshadowing of Christmas to come in the near future...

Of the things which I am most thankful for, it would be the people who care for me and the ones I care for. Although I don't believe a designated time of thoughtfulness devoted to others should be exclusively limited to one time in the year, there is certainly a more potent atmosphere around autumn surrounding those that we hold dear to us.

I tend to forget Black Friday exists. cx I'm not much of a shopper, so I'm not usually one to look around for excellent deals (even though that is probably a virtue worth cultivating). I'll probably stay indoors unless there's a reason to go outside.

Lovely discussion, DaffoLily. <3

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.