Author Topic: What would you want to see in a new FH forum/site design?  (Read 9408 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: What would you want to see in a new FH forum/site design?
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2019, 09:46:35 pm »
Ok a bit of an unpopular opinion, I like the brown. It's a nice, eye-pleasing color. HOWEVER, it does not in the slightest fit with the yellow headings, or the colorful text that many people like to use. It's been a couple years, and I'm still trying to find a color that works with this theme. It also doesn't fit with the wild aesthetic of the game. The old forum was a little clunky, but at least most colors went well with black, and it was a lot less eye-strain to read text.

-Not sure how far they can be edited: but MY GOD THE EMOJIS ARE AWFUL. AT LEAST FIX THE PIXELS.  :o 8) :P :D come on we can support smooth edges without white pixels in 2019 can't we

^^this. I'm not sure if this is possible with the forum engine, but uploading some discord-style (or IOS emojis at the very least) would look a lot nicer, and look less like old deviantart. That and an option to disable the auto-conversion of text faces to emojis. Sometimes you just want a good old ; ) without the weird space in the middle instead of an emoji.

I agree with most of the other ideas in this thread. Let's get some paw prints up in here.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2019, 12:10:44 am »
^ To everything said in this thread. No more, no less.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 12:15:46 am by Esarosa »
not active here anymore ♡

Offline FrostNight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Elon Musk pls return my calls uwu
    • iFrostNight
    • Frost Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2019, 01:47:31 am »
Could we have a way to 'like' other peoples' posts?
My opinion of this is that this is not really needed and if you like someones posts, you can always give them a Floof for it by using the 'Nuzzle' button on the left. Kind of the same thing but more anonymous and generalized. c:

My reason for this is for liking replies and stuff without having to make a full new reply. Like some posts I feel like I don't need to throw in a new reply or can't think of much to say, but would like to acknowledge the comment? And it be from me. Idk there's a like button on almost every social platform and I think it serves a good purpose?

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2019, 10:49:26 am »
Quite a big fan of the old theme, but I'm also not afraid of the forums evolving into a new layout that's more enthralling to users. I think the threads are generally neat, so I'm not so much fussed with that. I also agree that those orange dots on the avatar should be taken care off, but all in good time.

Offline Ivyfur

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Honestly, just be the best YOU you can be.
    • biandsleepy
    • U7VITE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2019, 12:29:15 am »
My opinion of this is that this is not really needed and if you like someones posts, you can always give them a Floof for it by using the 'Nuzzle' button on the left. Kind of the same thing but more anonymous and generalized. c:

My reason for this is for liking replies and stuff without having to make a full new reply. Like some posts I feel like I don't need to throw in a new reply or can't think of much to say, but would like to acknowledge the comment? And it be from me. Idk there's a like button on almost every social platform and I think it serves a good purpose?

I honestly really like this idea as well. I get the same way while looking through posts/comments sometimes and agree with what they say but am unsure of what exactly to type. A way to "like" or "nuzzle" a post/comment would be amazing.

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2019, 07:26:34 am »

I honestly really like this idea as well. I get the same way while looking through posts/comments sometimes and agree with what they say but am unsure of what exactly to type. A way to "like" or "nuzzle" a post/comment would be amazing.
In the case that you want to acknowledge the comment, would these likes be anonymous or would you be able to see who liked your comment, just like on facebook?
doing what i feel like

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2019, 11:00:35 am »
>>Ellen11v
Pretty sure they want it to be something that shows who liked things.

>>Sigyrn
I think it's safe to say that everyone wants the orange dots gone. xD
They are also on the buttons at the top and bottom of the page... o.o
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline LadySigyn

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2019, 11:45:02 am »

>>Sigyrn
I think it's safe to say that everyone wants the orange dots gone. xD
They are also on the buttons at the top and bottom of the page... o.o

Yeah, it's odd, but I have faith it'll be fixed up in time. No rush to the staffers with these things.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 11:46:43 am by Sigyrn »

Offline LadySigyn

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2019, 07:33:17 am »
Apologies for double posting but I just thought of the hover bar/window on the side of the page that used to show how many users are in each map. I think that was a helpful little tool, and would be a good addition to the forums once again.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2019, 02:47:15 pm »
Apologies for double posting but I just thought of the hover bar/window on the side of the page that used to show how many users are in each map. I think that was a helpful little tool, and would be a good addition to the forums once again.

I agree with this. It allowed you to see what maps had players in them no matter which map you were in and made being in an empty map feel less empty because you knew others were on elsewhere, that's my view of this anyway. c:
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.