Author Topic: Exe. file & Preset Uploading  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Aleixity101

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • Aleixity101
    • Dragonfur Lps
    • View Profile
Exe. file & Preset Uploading
« on: March 29, 2020, 05:13:51 pm »
I have a Chromebook, and I know how to download and play feral heart on this but I need to know if there is a way for me to open the exe. file. I need to upload my preset that I made but I don't see how to if I can't open the file. If there is another way for me to upload my preset please let me know.
If you fall down farther than you ever have before, you can't always get back up. When you can't get up, you can look up. When you finally look up you can be lifted back on your feet once again.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Re: Exe. file & Preset Uploading
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 07:29:10 am »
and I know how to download and play feral heart on this but I need to know if there is a way for me to open the exe. file. I need to upload my preset that I made but I don't see how to if I can't open the file. If there is another way for me to upload my preset please let me know.

The way presets are uploaded is through the internet (sites such as mediafire, dropbox, or google drive), not the game itself. You go to one of those sites and upload your .fhp file to an account there, then you can get the link for the download of that file and put that link somewhere others can find it.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 01:50:44 pm »
When I was downloading Feral Heart, I didn't know about presets. Mabye download some of it from MediaFire. I did it and now everything is ok.
On new account Aiiokia

Offline Aleixity101

• Curious Wanderer
    • Aleixity101
    • Dragonfur Lps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 09:14:55 pm »
I mean for private use. I cant get it into the game, let alone share it.
If you fall down farther than you ever have before, you can't always get back up. When you can't get up, you can look up. When you finally look up you can be lifted back on your feet once again.

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 04:10:01 am »
If you're referring to exporting and using the preset, here's some steps for you:

1. Create your preset, make sure all files are named correctly and placed in their ideal folder in Feralheart / my_presets / whatever number preset you're using.
2. Once that's done, head in-game and click on Creative Den on the main title screen, and then Preset Maker.
3. Here, you click on the top bar of the character creator where you'd adjust the colours of the character, and you'll see the presets tab as you do in the main character creation screen.
4. Click on the preset number your preset is under, and if all is well with it, click Export.
5. Once that's done, it'll let you know that it's been exported into Feralheart / presets as a .fhp file.
6. Head in game, click on the preset you want to use, and enjoy.

But I also see you're mentioning the .exe file, which I'm assuming you're talking about FH itself. What kind of troubles are you having when you attempt to open the game? I'm inexperienced with the workings of Chromebook, but I'll try to help best I can with the limited knowledge I've accumulated over the years.

Offline Aleixity101

• Curious Wanderer
    • Aleixity101
    • Dragonfur Lps
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 08:20:12 pm »
Chromebook doesn't run any exe files but it does have add one that does help with running it so that's why I can play feral heart. Since it can't run exe files, it can't open them either. I know how to put my preset in the game. I just don't know how to get it in there if I can't open the file and put it in the game. Is there any other way for me to get it in there?

Offline Willersmunk

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • My profile may say "Newbie," but I am not 'New' xd
    • Willersmunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 04:23:31 pm »
Unfortunately, when it comes to Linux/Chromium based operating systems, running applications like Feral Heart isn't possible without the use of WINE or a similar application. That being said, using WINE or a similar application will allow you to actually open the game. Specifically for ChromeOS, I did some digging and found this post on the forum that might help you further: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=65543.0

From there, once you've got that setup and working, should be able to load up the preset under Tools on the main menu, and export it.

Good luck :D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 04:32:19 pm by Willersmunk »
Best to live the life you have, while you have it. Or just be me and sit inside all day because I have no reason to leave the house.

Offline Aleixity101

• Curious Wanderer
    • Aleixity101
    • Dragonfur Lps
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 11:37:35 pm »
Unfortunately, when it comes to Linux/Chromium-based operating systems, running applications like Feral Heart isn't possible without the use of WINE or a similar application. That being said, using WINE or a similar application will allow you to actually open the game. Specifically for ChromeOS, I did some digging and found this post on the forum that might help you further: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=65543.0

From there, once you've got that setup and working, should be able to load up the preset under Tools on the main menu, and export it.

Good luck :D

Thank you, I have been playing for a while now with this, despite some loading problems. I just have to keep playing I guess. It works fine I just need to figure out how to open the feral heart file, place the images in preset_3 and then I can go into tools and do that. The feral heart file is an exe file so that's why I'm having trouble with it. Can you find a way for me to open or read an exe file.

Offline Willersmunk

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • My profile may say "Newbie," but I am not 'New' xd
    • Willersmunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 12:05:04 am »
I feel like you have it a little confused. If you're just trying to access the Feral Heart FOLDER, then go under where you installed Feral Heart to. From there, you can access your preset folder by:

(where ever you installed it) > FeralHeart > my_presets > preset_3 (in this case)

If you can open the game, then an executable extension isn't what you're looking for. You're looking for the GAME FOLDER.

Another thing to look out for, while making presets or adding preset image files to the game, is the little ".material" file that's in the preset_x folder. In that, you may have to make edits to the image file extensions within that .material file, so it'll actually see the image files and overlay them onto the character model. For example:

Say you have a .png but your .material only reads .jpg ---> Open the .material file in notepad and change the file extension so it reads to .png, it'll read the image files now.

I also misspoke about it being under 'Tools'. It'll actually be under a tab called "Creative Den" on the main menu, and once you click that, it'll show you a few editors. "Preset Maker" is the one you want.

Hope that helps :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 12:12:55 am by Willersmunk »
Best to live the life you have, while you have it. Or just be me and sit inside all day because I have no reason to leave the house.

Offline Aleixity101

• Curious Wanderer
    • Aleixity101
    • Dragonfur Lps
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 04:26:51 pm »
I don't see the folder, I installed it on downloads and I just see a zip folder and when I click it the exe file shows up.It's three of the same folders like that. Do I need to delete feral heart and redo everything? It's failing to connect the front server anyways.