Author Topic: Trouble With Maps  (Read 4151 times)

Offline TheUniqueDreamer

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Since the dawn of time.
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble With Maps
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 01:13:30 am »
Here's a lil' update with some of the maps

Lake Territory
- Copied every content in the map pack that was shown expect for the "Read Me" note and pasted it into FeralHeart > exports.
- Once I put everything in the exports folder, I disconnected from the game and logged back in so that the map would fully register into the game.
- Went to Cape and the map portal was there. The map worked perfectly fine!

Blue's Haven
- Opened the export folder that was provided in the map download, copied everything in the folder, and pasted it into FeralHeart > exports once again.
- I did the same copy and paste process with the "place into my_objects" folder.
- The exact method was used when placing all terrains texture files into FeralHeart > media > terrains > textures.
- Restarted the game, went to Cape, and the map functioned properly.

EDIT: Getting "Failed to connect to front server" quite often now when re-entering the map which is odd since it doesn't really happen to me. Going back to Lonely Cave and entering Blue's Haven again gives me the same message over and over. Perhaps there's an error/glitch in the map?

BTM
- Opened the "grassmesh" folder, copied the Grass.object file and pasted it into FeralHeart > media > objects.
-Went to the grass folder, copied all the contents shown and place it into FeralHeart > media > objects > my_objects.
- Opened the map folder and pasted everything in it into FeralHeart > exports.
- Opened the MarshWaterMat folder provided in the download and there seems to be a missing texture. I used this map before and the Marshy Water would look completely white. I'm pretty sure I still have the missing texture image somewhere in my folder, I'd just have to dig it up.
-Placed everything in that folder into FeralHeart > media > materials anyways.

-- Restarting the game for testing...

*Please note that whenever I got a pop-up message saying "The destination has (#) files with the same names" I clicked "Replace the files" when installing the maps. Do not click "Skip these files"!*

I'll keep editing this post when I enter/install the other maps!

Did exactly as you did, and it still will not appear in Cape. I'm just left to assume this must be a technical issue with my computer, I guess... :(

P.S. I only tested Lake Territory, didn't even bother with BH or BTM...
ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ. ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴇᴡ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴋɪɴɢ.

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 01:25:33 am »
Here's a lil' update with some of the maps

Lake Territory
- Copied every content in the map pack that was shown expect for the "Read Me" note and pasted it into FeralHeart > exports.
- Once I put everything in the exports folder, I disconnected from the game and logged back in so that the map would fully register into the game.
- Went to Cape and the map portal was there. The map worked perfectly fine!

Blue's Haven
- Opened the export folder that was provided in the map download, copied everything in the folder, and pasted it into FeralHeart > exports once again.
- I did the same copy and paste process with the "place into my_objects" folder.
- The exact method was used when placing all terrains texture files into FeralHeart > media > terrains > textures.
- Restarted the game, went to Cape, and the map functioned properly.

EDIT: Getting "Failed to connect to front server" quite often now when re-entering the map which is odd since it doesn't really happen to me. Going back to Lonely Cave and entering Blue's Haven again gives me the same message over and over. Perhaps there's an error/glitch in the map?

BTM
- Opened the "grassmesh" folder, copied the Grass.object file and pasted it into FeralHeart > media > objects.
-Went to the grass folder, copied all the contents shown and place it into FeralHeart > media > objects > my_objects.
- Opened the map folder and pasted everything in it into FeralHeart > exports.
- Opened the MarshWaterMat folder provided in the download and there seems to be a missing texture. I used this map before and the Marshy Water would look completely white. I'm pretty sure I still have the missing texture image somewhere in my folder, I'd just have to dig it up.
-Placed everything in that folder into FeralHeart > media > materials anyways.

-- Restarting the game for testing...

*Please note that whenever I got a pop-up message saying "The destination has (#) files with the same names" I clicked "Replace the files" when installing the maps. Do not click "Skip these files"!*

I'll keep editing this post when I enter/install the other maps!

Did exactly as you did, and it still will not appear in Cape. I'm just left to assume this must be a technical issue with my computer, I guess... :(

P.S. I only tested Lake Territory, didn't even bother with BH or BTM...

That's weird. Not so sure if it's a technical issue with your computer but I'll still continue to look deeper into the situation. I don't think you'll be able to get Blue's Haven to work either but it's worth a try! Install BTM in your game as well since I'm pretty sure it'll work properly on your end. Keep me updated!

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018, 01:56:39 am »
Went thread diving for your problem and hopefully something in here will help?
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=45845.0

Also, are you using Windows 10 or Mac/Linux?

Offline TheUniqueDreamer

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2018, 03:41:15 am »

Windoos 10. Ill definitely read the threat linked

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2018, 03:46:36 am »

Alright! While you're reading up on that thread could you also send a screenshot of your exports folder if you don't mind? Especially the .fhm files ^^

Offline TheUniqueDreamer

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 09:07:28 pm »

Alright! While you're reading up on that thread could you also send a screenshot of your exports folder if you don't mind? Especially the .fhm files ^^

I honestly don't know how to send screenshots here >~<, and the thread didn't help.... I can copy paste word for word whats in there, though? If that would help?

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2018, 09:50:54 pm »
You can use the Snipping Tool to take screenshots and upload it to Imgur so you can then send me a link to it! But while you're at it, I'd recommend downloading a different map to see if you can get those portals to work. It might just be those two maps in specific glitching for you personally.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2018, 03:08:56 am »
Silly suggestion, considering you've downloaded maps before, but you are opening the "Place in Exports" folder in your download and copying everything in there and pasting it into your exports folder, correct? You aren't just taking the entire folder and putting it into your exports folder?

You are amazing <3

Offline TheUniqueDreamer

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2018, 04:03:09 am »
Silly suggestion, considering you've downloaded maps before, but you are opening the "Place in Exports" folder in your download and copying everything in there and pasting it into your exports folder, correct? You aren't just taking the entire folder and putting it into your exports folder?
what I do is open the "exports" folder that comes with the .zip file, open up the Feral heart folder, click exports, select all thats in the .zip's exports, and paste it into the FH's exports. It appears to come with everything it needs. It just refuses to appear, though.

Offline TheUniqueDreamer

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2018, 04:03:53 am »
You can use the Snipping Tool to take screenshots and upload it to Imgur so you can then send me a link to it! But while you're at it, I'd recommend downloading a different map to see if you can get those portals to work. It might just be those two maps in specific glitching for you personally.

I'll search around for more maps, then. I'll get back to you on the result.