Author Topic: Failed to Connect to the Front Server? - SOLVED  (Read 1383 times)

Offline WolfeStew

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Life isn't forever, remember that.
    • TheWonderfulWolfe
    • View Profile
Failed to Connect to the Front Server? - SOLVED
« on: December 02, 2018, 06:09:37 pm »
I haven't played this game in quite awhile and wanted to see how it was doing a few months ago, but for the life of me I could not connect to the front sever. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game it wouldn't work. I came back yesterday to try again and still nothing.

I've tried just about everything, letting it through my firewall, making sure there weren't any proxies, and I even went ahead and made a new account to see if the issue was just with my main account, and still nothing.
Before anybody states the obvious, yes I have the Play Game tab open, and I did update the game to the newest patch.

The only thing I think it may be is that since my house doesn't have WiFi, my computer is tethered to my phone. My computer is the only device that is tethered to my phone and the internet has honestly been much faster than it was with the WiFi, so I'm not sure if that's what it is or not.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 09:14:03 pm by WolfieWonder »

pfp made by myself

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: Failed to Connect to the Front Server?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 06:45:23 pm »
If possible, you may want to try opening the play game table on a mobile device or a tablet, or use a different web browser on your computer to access it.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline WolfeStew

• Forum Newcomer
    • TheWonderfulWolfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 07:13:13 pm »
If possible, you may want to try opening the play game table on a mobile device or a tablet, or use a different web browser on your computer to access it.

Thank you for the quick reply! Unfortunately, none of these options are working  :(

pfp made by myself

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 07:16:20 pm »
Try resetting the hotspot on your phone, also refreshing the login tab, as sometimes it takes me a minute to get in, usually have to refresh the login tab a couple times before it works.

But, it could be the fact that you don't have a strong enough connection from your phone to be able to connect to the game, sometimes this is the reason you cannot connect, personally haven't had the problem when I was using a hotspot, but I did disconnect quite a lot so maybe this is the case with you.
artwork by dehvina

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 07:38:14 pm »
Just going to put this out there, I'm pretty sure mobile hotspots aren't as strong connection-wise compared to an actual router. I've tried it in the past and I never got FeralHeart to work by using a hotspot. Sadly, I don't think you're going to get any luck by tethering your computer to your phone.

Offline WolfeStew

• Forum Newcomer
    • TheWonderfulWolfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 09:07:34 pm »
Try resetting the hotspot on your phone, also refreshing the login tab, as sometimes it takes me a minute to get in, usually have to refresh the login tab a couple times before it works.

But, it could be the fact that you don't have a strong enough connection from your phone to be able to connect to the game, sometimes this is the reason you cannot connect, personally haven't had the problem when I was using a hotspot, but I did disconnect quite a lot so maybe this is the case with you.

Thank you for the suggestion! I'm afraid it probably is my hotspot holding me back here, which is unfortunate, but at least I've narrowed it down to that now ^^

pfp made by myself

Offline WolfeStew

• Forum Newcomer
    • TheWonderfulWolfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 09:08:57 pm »
Just going to put this out there, I'm pretty sure mobile hotspots aren't as strong connection-wise compared to an actual router. I've tried it in the past and I never got FeralHeart to work by using a hotspot. Sadly, I don't think you're going to get any luck by tethering your computer to your phone.

I think you're right. I got a friend of mine to log into my account since they have internet, and they were able to get in just fine. That's unfortunate and means I still won't get to play for awhile, but that's alright ^^

pfp made by myself