Author Topic: Not able to download game  (Read 1095 times)

Offline ikkmikaela

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • If I start bawling just hand me a bat :3
    • View Profile
Not able to download game
« on: December 07, 2018, 09:29:53 pm »
Alright so I'm a Windows 10 user and just recently managed to make an account. I'm truly excited to be part of the FH community however, I am experiencing some difficulty on downloading the game.

So here is how the download page looks like for me:

https://imgur.com/2CyX4F6

Now I click the "Setup" link and wait for it to download. Afterwards, here is how it looks in my files as a .exe file:

https://imgur.com/wjSWIkM

I double click. A popup box appears on my screen stating that I have no permission to access this file ....

https://imgur.com/PAQ4A4d

Please explain to me the problem I am experiencing. I don't know if there are other Windows 10 players who are experiencing the same issue as me but the download page states that the "[...]standard game setup is supported by all window platforms". So, why is this happening? :-\ :o :o :o :o :( :( :(
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 05:16:12 am by ikkmikaela »

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
Re: Not able to download game
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 09:47:06 pm »
Welcome to FeralHeart ikkmikaela!

Have you tried running the installer as administrator? That might work.

Offline ikkmikaela

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 09:55:47 pm »
I've tried and I still receive the same pop-up :/

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 09:56:42 pm »
You want to find the FHSetup1.16 application on your computer (wherver you may have saved it). When you know it's location, right click it and select 'Properties'.

A new window should now have popped up. This window should be called "FHSetup1.16 Properties". When you see this window, you then want to left click 'Security'. In order to edit the application's security permissions, you need to left click the 'Edit' button, which can be found next to 'To change premissions, click Edit'.

Once you've done that, another box/window will show. This box should be called "Permissions for FHSetup1.16". When this happens, left click on the 'Add' button. This should allow another window to open called "Select Users or Groups". When you see this window, left click on the 'Advanced' button.

Once you've done that, yet another box/window will show, which is also called "Select Users or Groups". You want to click on the 'Find Now' button. You will then see a list of Names in a scroll box at the bottom of the window. If you do (which you should do), find and left click on the name that says 'Everyone', then click 'OK'. Keep clicking 'OK' until you're back to the window that is named "Permssions for FHSetup1.16".

Under 'Group or user names', you should now see 'Everyone'. Select 'Everyone' and then locate the scroll box underneith that says 'Permissions for Everyone'. Allow 'Full Control'. Once you're done, left click 'Apply'. Click 'OK' on all windows until they close. Do not close through the exit button.

Hopefully now you should be able to install the game. If not, try restarting your computer and try again.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 10:00:17 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline ikkmikaela

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 10:32:47 pm »
Okay so I followed all of your steps thoroughly and I restarted my computer after the pop-up showed up again and it's still not functioning.

I apologize for the inconvenience :^:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 10:37:35 pm by ikkmikaela »

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 10:35:37 pm »
There's no inconvenience! Now that these changes have been made, have you tried right clicking and running as an Administrator again? Or did you just try double clicking the application to install?

Offline ikkmikaela

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 10:38:11 pm »
I tried running as administrator and I still receive the pop-up

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 10:42:32 pm »
Try turning off your window's firewall as you try to install the game.

Edit: There's also this that may work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6GcpS52wUw

If that doesn't work, maybe try other solutions also listed on that website.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 10:46:21 pm by Bawfle »

Offline ikkmikaela

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 05:19:58 am »
There is no need to reply to this thread anymore as the problem has been resolve (Finally!). For anyone who has tweaked the FH application properties for security permission and the app still isn't installing, you should download the latest Google Chrome Canary. With this update, I managed to install FH into my computer without having to change any of the security settings.

Also, any mods who can lock this thread, can you please do so. Thank you very much! ;D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 05:21:48 am by ikkmikaela »