Author Topic: Animations  (Read 784 times)

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Animations
« on: April 05, 2019, 09:54:26 pm »
I checked out a few Feral Heart animations for felines, for some reason there are very few of them, but I like them! So I want to make my own, and when I do, I'll share them! But how do I animate Feral heart meshes/skeletons? The tutorials I've found don't make sense and are outdated...Do any of you know how I can animate a feline skeleton now?

Art by QuietMacaroni

AlphaEclipse

Re: Animations
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 10:07:32 pm »
Hello, Oddonelynx, I answered a very similar question not long ago, so I will just quote my other response on importing Feralheart meshes. In all honesty, learning to animate takes practice and dedication. Still, with time and effort, you can definitely learn how using various resources online. Although the following does not contain specific details on how to animate, importing the skeleton and body mesh (which is required to animate it) is done by using the following plugins and programs.

However, if you decide to go the free route, you will need to read the following information on installation. You will first need to follow everything listed below in order to get ready to export .mesh files from Blender.

Quote from: Ruby1234
I. - Required Downloads & Installation
-If you have newer versions of any of these, move/delete them, they won't work. You MUST have the exact downloads below.
**If you do not have a program that can open .rar files, you'll need 7-Zip.

Download and install Python and Blender first.

Blender v2.49b
Python

Secondly, you'll need these scripts for Blender.

Exporter
Script Bundle

Once you have the scripts downloaded, you'll need to EXTRACT the contents, and copy them to the scripts folder, located in
C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts
OR
C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts

Conclusively, you'll need the
Old OgreCommandLineTools
Old OgreCommandLineTools
Pass: ITOCLT

Once you have downloaded the .rar, extract it directly to your C: drive. Don't worry, there is a folder inside the rar, so extracting it directly won't cause the contents to spill all over your C: drive

It is a pretty lengthy process, and I will already presume you have at least some background in 3D modeling. As I explained above, after you are satisfied with your object, you will want to export it as an .obj file which will spit out a material (.mlt ) file accordingly. Upon doing so, you will need to import your mesh into Blender and carefully follow everything explained in the following quote.

Quote from: Ruby1234
In Blender you go to File->Import
find your Object Files, make sure Smooth Groups is selected, and import it,
then you make sure what you want to export as a mesh is selected (selecting in blender is right click)
Then Export->OGRE Meshes
and export it to wherever, preferably into your OgreCommandLineTools folder, then drag & drop the .mesh.xml onto the OgreXMLConverter.exe and it will spit out a .mesh.

After you finish and finally get your .mesh file, you can implement it into your game, either as an object to be used in maps, or a wearable item on your character by placing the files into the appropriately corresponding folder(s).

All of the links should work, however, if you have any problems, let me know, as I had issues downloading some in the past. After installing and setting up everything, I'd also highly recommend checking out this video for instruction on getting into animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy29SRCFgjo.

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Re: Animations
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 08:54:05 pm »
The exporter link is broken

Art by QuietMacaroni