Author Topic: Keyboard Issues  (Read 766 times)

Offline Instamatic

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Keyboard Issues
« on: June 04, 2019, 03:24:05 pm »
Hello!
Unfortunately my laptop had a mishap with a cup of coffee, and now several keys don't work, including the spacebar. To get around this I remapped the broken keys to keys I don't have as much use for (mainly in the number pad). This has worked for the most part but I discovered that the FH chat doesn't recognize these changes which makes quite the pickle trying to talk to anyone in-game. Thus far I haven't found a way to change keyboard settings for the game.
Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated. c:
Thank you for your time.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
Re: Keyboard Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 04:35:30 pm »
I’m just being curious here at the moment but, have you tried taking out those keys that don’t work out and cleaning them individually with q-tips, toothbrush or anything else? It worked for me in the past!
Here’s one tutorial from WikiHow, not sure how well it works, but cleaning each key individually and letting them dry completely for a while usually worked for me.

How to fix sticky keyboard keys - WikiHow

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Instamatic

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 04:47:17 pm »
I have, but sadly it's beyond just sticky gunk, the keys are pretty dead. :c
Thank you though!

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 06:34:12 pm »
If you got any water-based liquid on the ribbon that's usually on the inside of laptops (+ some USB keyboards), it'll oxidize which pretty much kills those keys forever. The best solution would be to replace your keyboard, but until then, you can use an on-screen keyboard I believe for the keys that no longer operate.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 12:11:04 am »
Laptop's are a lot harder to replace the keyboard on, though. At least, I think. I've almost always used a laptop, so I don't know how much harder it is.

I think you can get keyboards that plug into a USB slot, often for fairly cheap if you don't mind the quality, not that I know how much better or worse keyboards can be, other than some keys missing. Not sure, but if you think it'll be broke for a while, you can always get one of those.