Author Topic: Feral Heart just kinda broke  (Read 987 times)

Offline _Leviathan_

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • really cool guy
    • View Profile
Feral Heart just kinda broke
« on: June 06, 2019, 02:10:18 am »
Alright, usually I can figure out how to fix things like this on my own, but this problem has left me baffled. Yesterday feral heart was working fine, had trouble connecting a few times but I'm blaming that on my wifi. So today I logged in and I'm the only one in the grounds, I know for a fact that's not right. When I checked my friends list a lot of the people were just sort of missing. Not sure what the cause of that is. I've gone around and checked every single map. The grounds for me is completely empty other than myself, but all the other maps have a few people in them. The Grounds is just completely empty for me, and I feel as if the people missing from my list are the ones online and sitting in the grounds (though that is just a guess). I have no idea what could have caused this, I haven't done anything to my game different than what I usually do. I've already tried uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it multiple times, now when I try to uninstall it also comes up with an error "Cannot find utCompiledCode record for this version of the uninstaller."

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heart just kinda broke
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 04:22:26 am »
Would you be able to download The Grounds file from somewhere? I know you said you've tried reinstalling it, but I feel like your map file might be broke in some way?

You might also want to simply manually uninstall it. Feral-Heart is fairly small I think, and I think it'd delete easily.

One last thing, there could be a permission problem. Feral-Heart tends to install itself in the Local Disk (C:), which is often set under different rules for editing rather than folders like documents, pictures, videos, etc. If you haven't set permissions to allow things to edit stuff in the Feral-Heart folder, it might not work.

Sorry if I've only told you things you've tried, but I hope you get it fixed.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 05:45:16 am »
This sounds like more of an internet issue than a map issue. If there was an issue with only the map then they would probably be in a black void.
Each map has it's own server they you connect to. You might be having issues connecting to that server? I have had something like this happen to me before but it resolved on it's own.

I've already tried uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it multiple times, now when I try to uninstall it also comes up with an error "Cannot find utCompiledCode record for this version of the uninstaller."
Try uninstalling using the control panel and navigate to programs>uninstall a program. Other than that you can just manually delete the folder from your C: drive (if you have administrator privileges)

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 12:17:39 pm »
This sounds like more of an internet issue than a map issue. If there was an issue with only the map then they would probably be in a black void.
Each map has it's own server they you connect to. You might be having issues connecting to that server? I have had something like this happen to me before but it resolved on it's own.

Good point. I've had my entire maps deleted by mistake and came back on a character to find I was still connected to that map's server. I didn't know if something inside the map file that tells it to connect was broke, though.

Offline _Leviathan_

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • really cool guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 07:20:01 pm »
Thanks for the replies, guys. After finding that some other online games aren't connecting for me either, I've come to the conclusion that it is an internet connection issue. Going to reset the modem and see if that fixes it.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 11:19:07 pm »
Ahh, okey. I hope you got it working!