Author Topic: Campfire stories stream? (suggestion)  (Read 2410 times)

Offline hellensilverwolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • babayagaga
    • View Profile
Campfire stories stream? (suggestion)
« on: April 22, 2016, 02:41:58 pm »
Ok, I'm not sure if this is a correct section, as usually.. But we have movie nights and streams here so I guess it's not that off-topic after all

I'm suggesting this because I won't be abe to do it myself, but I'd love some sort of horror story night event, with a special map where we'd have a campfire and a slightly creepy atmosphere. Much like the movie night, except we'd listen to horror story stream instead and actually be ingame while doing that (if it's even possible). That'd be so cool imo, + we wouldn't have to leave the game and pretend that we're "there".

I don't know how you stream those movies but stories seem to be easier. There are a lot of chilling audio tales out there. I'd really love a feedback from someone who's experienced in this, to make things clear and tell us whether it's possible or not.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: Campfire stories stream? (suggestion)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 07:33:53 pm »
If you found the horror stories narrated on youtube, you could set up a "Watch 2together" stream. Basically you set up a watch room and you have users log into your room and you choose a video that you will all watch. The link for it is here: watch2gether. That's one way you could possibly go about it, but users would have to keep the tab open, but they'd be in game and wouldn't have to switch back considering the audio is all they'd need. If I'm assuming correctly, you want the story to be in the map though? The only way I could think of that being possible is by converting the audio into an .mp3 and using it as the map's music, but after a while it would loop and you can't change it without releasing an edited version of the map each time, so it really wouldn't be streaming per say.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 07:35:37 pm by Kynvuu »
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline hellensilverwolf

• Experienced Traveler
    • babayagaga
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 07:48:50 pm »
If you found the horror stories narrated on youtube, you could set up a "Watch 2together" stream. Basically you set up a watch room and you have users log into your room and you choose a video that you will all watch. The link for it is here: watch2gether. That's one way you could possibly go about it, but users would have to keep the tab open, but they'd be in game and wouldn't have to switch back considering the audio is all they'd need. If I'm assuming correctly, you want the story to be in the map though? The only way I could think of that being possible is by converting the audio into an .mp3 and using it as the map's music, but after a while it would loop and you can't change it without releasing an edited version of the map each time, so it really wouldn't be streaming per say.

Yes I meant streaming it not playing in map. So it's possible, thank you. I think I will  be able to do it, but I'm not good at organizing stuff so I'd most likely mess things up. Hope someone will do this someday

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 09:30:11 pm »
Yes I meant streaming it not playing in map. So it's possible, thank you. I think I will  be able to do it, but I'm not good at organizing stuff so I'd most likely mess things up. Hope someone will do this someday

Yep, then its possible! I hope this works out though, it would be a pretty cool event to go to! I wish ya lots of luck!
c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • I'm stupid and I'm proud! :D
    • KazeoLion
    • channel/UCIabUy2dwwyNBHYt7j49XzA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 10:10:08 pm »
I was taken to adf.ly upon clicking the link. However, I was able to get to it through the code (during quoting and Quick Reply). Seems like a great place :3
Did you know I make games? :D
Meow.

Offline hellensilverwolf

• Experienced Traveler
    • babayagaga
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 02:09:16 pm »
Yes it's a nice place, I tried streaming some stupid stuff and succeeded. But once again, I suck at organizing, so will keep this as a suggestion :3 If there is a section for suggestions like this, mods can move it there, I'll appreciate it <3