Author Topic: FH Preset Sync (Upload your presets for public viewing) NOT 1.17 COMPATABLE YET  (Read 190513 times)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: FH Preset Sync (Upload your presets for public viewing) Updated Feb 2017
« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2017, 10:49:29 pm »
Is it possible for the preset sync to gain too many presets for the game to handle and make it crash? I've been having troubles with my game recently and a friend thinks it might be because the preset sync is too overcrowded for my game to handle.

If you end up needing to you can always uninstall the Preset Sync but keep all of the presets it has downloaded so far or pick and choose the ones you want to keep by moving them into the original presets folder.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Toontown

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • hyph0n
    • yeemsdreamsandfreshlycookedyeems
    • smoor_mirai
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 09, 2017, 10:43:23 pm »
:(
While users linux support now exists, I have tested with an ubuntu variant. This executable may also work for mac's.

The initial setup is the is the same for windows.

First make a backup. This is now even more important, especially if you're a mac user, as I have no means of testing this new exe.

Download the new exe here and put in in the feralheart folder.

Now run the game and make sure it runs. You should also see the 3 Preset folders (detailed in the windows setup)

Next is the bittorrent sync setup.

Mac users; if the new exe works, setup is detailed here. This should overlap with the windows guide so use that as a reference.

Back to the linux users.

If you run Ubuntu/Debian or similar, there's a nice package you can install which is detailed here. Other linux users; The sync manual is here.

To assist in setup, I'll provide the relevant code for the shared folder. You will need to change the directory using your username and if your wine directory is non standard you must change that too.

Code: [Select]
  "shared_folders" :
  [
    {
      "secret" : "BTQI4TBSVH3KCDNQ7X6NU3QZVA55RD3IY",
      "dir" : "/home/YOUR_USER/.wine/drive_c/FeralHeart/PublicPresets",
      "use_relay_server" : true,
      "use_tracker" : true,
      "use_dht" : false,
      "search_lan" : true,
      "use_sync_trash" : false,
      "known_hosts" :
      [
        "presetsync.feral-heart.com:12345"
      ]
    }
  ]

This code goes just before the last "}" if your using the Ubuntu/Debian setup. If you're not using that you may need to loose the initial comma.

And you should be up and running.

Raz
It's giving me a security error.
Noob:
A new player, not someone who killed you. Oh well, this isn't ROBLOX!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #172 on: April 09, 2017, 11:36:19 pm »
It's giving me a security error.

The security error may pop up for some, but I can assure you it's not a virus. Often times, your computer may detect a foreign file as having been contaminated with a virus, but no one has had an issue with it so far. It's safe for download. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline BirdyBlu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • `Snuggle Puddle`
    • Ally Nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 13, 2017, 03:40:27 am »
I just heard of this, non the less... Thank you so much Raz and whoever else helped! <3 This is so much easier! Love the work you do to better this community. Can't say it enought, Thanks again!
.: Birdy Blu is just for You! :.

Signature image by @Pocketmutt

Offline Queeney

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • "Always trust your Spirit Animal"
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 14, 2017, 07:38:44 pm »
This is really handy but my ENB mod doesn't work anymore since I got the Preset Sync

Offline ThornsOfARose

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Don't give up on the Community!
    • TheThornsOfARose
    • View Profile
    • Thorn's DA
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2017, 03:01:44 am »
How do I remove this update? Do I have to reinstall FH, remove the Private Presets and Public Presets folders it added? Or do I not have to do anything and just do like I did before I got this?

Offline ThornsOfARose

• Forum Newcomer
    • TheThornsOfARose
    • View Profile
    • Thorn's DA
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2017, 03:03:04 am »
Is it possible for the preset sync to gain too many presets for the game to handle and make it crash? I've been having troubles with my game recently and a friend thinks it might be because the preset sync is too overcrowded for my game to handle.

If you end up needing to you can always uninstall the Preset Sync but keep all of the presets it has downloaded so far or pick and choose the ones you want to keep by moving them into the original presets folder.
How do you remove it?

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2017, 03:44:18 am »
How do you remove it?

To uninstall the Preset Sync you will need to replace the files that the Preset Sync had, you replace back to the original files. To do this, check out this backup folder created by Bawfle:
Main FeralHeart folder sub-folders.

(Bonus/If needed) FH Contents Download Download here. 9 MB
If you are wanting to replace the contents/files inside the FeralHeart folder (such as the markings.cfg, items.cfg etc...) then this is the download for you. If you are wanting certain contents in the direct FeralHeart folder, download FH Contents and place everything that is in that folder directly into your FeralHeart folder and replace when asked.

• Step 1: Download that folder included within the quote above. It should be 9 mb. You will need to extract the FeralHeart.exe file, the unins000.exe file and the unins000.dat file from that zip.
  • Step 2: Open up the FeralHeart folder
  • Step 3: Drag and drop the FeralHeart.exe file, the unins000.exe file and the unins000.dat file into your FeralHeart folder. When it asks you if you would like to replace the files, select Yes.
  • Step 4: Open your PrivatePresets folder. Select all of the files and Copy and Paste them into the regular FeralHeart\presets folder. If it asks you to replace the files, select Yes.
  • Step 5: Optional. This is if you would like to keep the presets that have downloaded from the sync so far. Open your PublicPresets folder. Select all of the files except the files called list.php and version.txt. You can Select all files by hitting Ctrl + A and then to deselect the two files I mentioned, hold left Ctrl and left click the two files you would like to deselect. Copy and paste those files into your FeralHeart\presets folder. If it asks you to replace the files, you can either select yes or choose not to.
  • Step 6: Delete the PrivatePresets folder and the PublicPresets folders.
  • Step 7: Open up your game and you should be good to go.

I have not tested this myself but this should do the trick. If it doesn't, you either missed a step or will have to reinstall the game in order to remove the Sync. I hope that doesn't become the case as reinstalling is a hassle as well, especially if you have any game modifications.

If you have any questions, let me know!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 03:49:26 am by Morgra »

Offline ThornsOfARose

• Forum Newcomer
    • TheThornsOfARose
    • View Profile
    • Thorn's DA
« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2017, 04:53:06 am »
How do you remove it?

To uninstall the Preset Sync you will need to replace the files that the Preset Sync had, you replace back to the original files. To do this, check out this backup folder created by Bawfle:
Main FeralHeart folder sub-folders.

(Bonus/If needed) FH Contents Download Download here. 9 MB
If you are wanting to replace the contents/files inside the FeralHeart folder (such as the markings.cfg, items.cfg etc...) then this is the download for you. If you are wanting certain contents in the direct FeralHeart folder, download FH Contents and place everything that is in that folder directly into your FeralHeart folder and replace when asked.

• Step 1: Download that folder included within the quote above. It should be 9 mb. You will need to extract the FeralHeart.exe file, the unins000.exe file and the unins000.dat file from that zip.
  • Step 2: Open up the FeralHeart folder
  • Step 3: Drag and drop the FeralHeart.exe file, the unins000.exe file and the unins000.dat file into your FeralHeart folder. When it asks you if you would like to replace the files, select Yes.
  • Step 4: Open your PrivatePresets folder. Select all of the files and Copy and Paste them into the regular FeralHeart\presets folder. If it asks you to replace the files, select Yes.
  • Step 5: Optional. This is if you would like to keep the presets that have downloaded from the sync so far. Open your PublicPresets folder. Select all of the files except the files called list.php and version.txt. You can Select all files by hitting Ctrl + A and then to deselect the two files I mentioned, hold left Ctrl and left click the two files you would like to deselect. Copy and paste those files into your FeralHeart\presets folder. If it asks you to replace the files, you can either select yes or choose not to.
  • Step 6: Delete the PrivatePresets folder and the PublicPresets folders.
  • Step 7: Open up your game and you should be good to go.

I have not tested this myself but this should do the trick. If it doesn't, you either missed a step or will have to reinstall the game in order to remove the Sync. I hope that doesn't become the case as reinstalling is a hassle as well, especially if you have any game modifications.

If you have any questions, let me know!
Thank you so much for your help, that fixed it. I appreciate it!!

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2017, 05:01:51 am »
Thank you so much for your help, that fixed it. I appreciate it!!

You're welcome! I'm glad that uninstalled it c: