Author Topic: Lots of Members Leaving  (Read 10511 times)

Online Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Re: Lots of Members Leaving
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2021, 08:59:18 pm »
the game, FeralHeart, is dying. and has been "dying" for years. perhaps it's been a zombie.

be honest. independent 3d animal chatrooms are a dying breed and no one will take our places. all the kids moved to roblox. there's a bunch of IT/FH copies on there and they are incredibly popular. no one wants to download an independent game with a niche community and a lot of dirt behind it anymore. furry drama does a lot to a community and no one likes to say so.
The thing is, I'm a kid (technically). I've seen lots of other kids on here but those were a while ago! I wonder where they went.

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Chloto

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Like an idiot, I deleted my old account
    • Madly
    • Chloto
    • basicqualie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2021, 08:49:35 pm »
It's sad when any members leave, but perhaps it's for the better.

Feral Heart has been an amazing game for people growing up (I know it was for me :) ). But what makes it sadder is that when I occasionally come to check up on the FH site and forums, the numbers of players playing gets lower and lower.

I remember when we'd have hundreds of members- if not- thousands of people online.

I can't help but wish we could re-live the glory days just one more time.
𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟏𝟑𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟔

Wanna talk? Email me at [email protected]

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2021, 02:25:19 am »
It's sad when any members leave, but perhaps it's for the better.

Feral Heart has been an amazing game for people growing up (I know it was for me :) ). But what makes it sadder is that when I occasionally come to check up on the FH site and forums, the numbers of players playing gets lower and lower.

I remember when we'd have hundreds of members- if not- thousands of people online.

I can't help but wish we could re-live the glory days just one more time.

If people keep leaving because other people are inactive or leaving, it will definitely not help the situation. What we need rn is active players that can have fun playing FH regardless of what everyone else is doing. That is how to fix FH and bring about yet another so called "golden age". It is not too far out of reach yet, but it will require everyone to stick with FH and be more active. Perhaps the next update will lift everyone's spirits and give them hope once more.

Offline Feigrulfr

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Friend me 🎔 Pm for art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2021, 12:50:05 pm »
Covid probably plays a big part on people playing less or quitting, but it's sad nonetheless :-\
(\_/)
(•3•) - I'ts okay, it gets better.
(-🎔)

Offline BluuLeopard

• Leopard Of The Lost World - 2011 💙🌊✨
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
    • bluuleopard.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • bluuleopard.deviantart.com
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2021, 06:26:18 am »
Well, hey- guys, it's all good!
Technically, I'd be considered an inactive player... Due to being busy with real life activities, but as soon as I get some free time, I'd gladly hop on and enjoy the peaceful game, again, like always!

Honestly, I'd say I am somewhat of a kid, too, really- Most people much older than me still play and develop games. xD So, it's not only about the activity of players but also about their faith and loyalty in the game. Especially now, with the illness affecting many people and countries. If we stay as a group through this rough time, it'll be easier afterwards. As for the game; it just needs some time to adjust, that's all~ <3

Stay safe everyone! Everything will be good
Avatar - bluuleopard.deviantart.com
Profile Signature - Phobic-Art

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2021, 09:27:51 pm »
Well, hey- guys, it's all good!
Technically, I'd be considered an inactive player... Due to being busy with real life activities, but as soon as I get some free time, I'd gladly hop on and enjoy the peaceful game, again, like always!

Honestly, I'd say I am somewhat of a kid, too, really- Most people much older than me still play and develop games. xD So, it's not only about the activity of players but also about their faith and loyalty in the game. Especially now, with the illness affecting many people and countries. If we stay as a group through this rough time, it'll be easier afterwards. As for the game; it just needs some time to adjust, that's all~ <3

Stay safe everyone! Everything will be good

Well said Bluu. I think that sometimes we all overlook the fact that simple things in everyday life are often the cause of people not being able to play versus them leaving because they want to leave.

arilioness

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2021, 10:57:36 pm »
I mostly don't play the game as much because everytime i come back to it, its just silence, everyone seems to just be talking in private chats so you can't even get into their conversations either

Ironic

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2021, 11:20:17 pm »
Correct me where something needs correcting, but all I will say: The community needs to be grateful for what we have so far. Yea, we may be short and quiet, but we're still active. What Bluu has explained thus far, I couldn't agree more. The previous people who had played has been either left the game entirely or got caught up with real-life issues but return once things are moving according to their lives. We, as members of the community, can't let this bring us down and give up. We should use what we have, gather talented people, and bring this game to go used. For that to happen, we need leadership and need that quickly. We need members - not only staff - but members to work together and create events.

Honestly, I am becoming rather annoyed by the complaining and the loud outbursts 'it's dead, let's head somewhere else'; if you stay and try to adjust to the new environment, then you will see it just the same regular feralheart - just fewer people. FeralHeart can only be FeralHeart if you accept how it is and go with the flow; people don't know they are actually helping the game if they stayed and gave the game a chance, but that's me.

And the game is not technically dying because people are joining by the day, so is it really dead? The only thing that is holding users back is the FeralHeart.exe, as the downloading process is tricky. Otherwise, thats it.

Offline BloodWinsAll

• G o d
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Feels like I'm going insane
    • Firesong-stormi
    • Firesong
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2021, 11:34:44 pm »

Honestly, I am becoming rather annoyed by the complaining and the loud outbursts 'it's dead, let's head somewhere else'; if you stay and try to adjust to the new environment, then you will see it just the same regular feralheart - just fewer people. FeralHeart can only be FeralHeart if you accept how it is and go with the flow; people don't know they are actually helping the game if they stayed and gave the game a chance, but that's me. 

I agree with this whole post but wanted to highlight this section especially. As someone who has been around this game since 2012-2013, there isn't that much difference other than the reduced number of players. While that has some effect on the game, it doesn't have as much power, as I think people are giving it. There are active RP groups that have been popping up regularly for months, there are new mod packs, presets, characters, forum games, and discussions pretty much every day.

I log on every week, to every two weeks, to recruit for my group(s) and I have yet to come online alone. It may not be the 100s of people that were coming in and out of FP in 2012-2016, but FH is far from dead. The staff team has talked about how they are working on their current situation of needing admins, Ame has specifically hinted at new content and it's looking like it might be a map, or two who knows. There are several threads about members coming together to offer suggestions and figure out what to do about the game, what they want to see, what they don't want to see.

I think we give the lack of people online way too much credit-- it hasn't kicked FH into the gutter yet and I doubt it ever will with the dedicated members it still has, and activity has been increasing for a few months now.

I think it is also important to remember that people have real lives, and while we may see familiar faces leaving after many years online-- let's all remember priorities change as we get older. Some of us will stick around, some of us will move on, and some of us will leave and go and leave and go and leave and go.

It is not the number of members we have online, but the quality of the community we have created.

Ironic

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2021, 11:40:55 pm »

I agree with this whole post but wanted to highlight this section especially. As someone who has been around this game since 2012-2013, there isn't that much difference other than the reduced number of players. While that has some effect on the game, it doesn't have as much power, as I think people are giving it. There are active RP groups that have been popping up regularly for months, there are new mod packs, presets, characters, forum games, and discussions pretty much every day.

I log on every week, to every two weeks, to recruit for my group(s) and I have yet to come online alone. It may not be the 100s of people that were coming in and out of FP in 2012-2016, but FH is far from dead. The staff team has talked about how they are working on their current situation of needing admins, Ame has specifically hinted at new content and it's looking like it might be a map, or two who knows. There are several threads about members coming together to offer suggestions and figure out what to do about the game, what they want to see, what they don't want to see.

I think we give the lack of people online way too much credit-- it hasn't kicked FH into the gutter yet and I doubt it ever will with the dedicated members it still has, and activity has been increasing for a few months now.

I think it is also important to remember that people have real lives, and while we may see familiar faces leaving after many years online-- let's all remember priorities change as we get older. Some of us will stick around, some of us will move on, and some of us will leave and go and leave and go and leave and go.

It is not the number of members we have online, but the quality of the community we have created.

Thank youuuuuu for writing this!