Author Topic: My Little Survey *ANSWERS*  (Read 2491 times)

SpicyDirt

My Little Survey *ANSWERS*
« on: October 29, 2020, 02:20:16 pm »
Hello all!

I have created a survey that I'd love for community members to get involved in!
Now this is by no means official or anything - mostly just to see what people would do
and what people would like to see!

In a week from Halloween (11/7), the results will be put together in a list
so everyone can see what others were thinking and if there is any
over lapping among ideas!

Survey:

Click Me!

Answers have been posted!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 02:05:21 pm by SpicyDirt »

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Survey
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 03:13:42 pm »
Great idea!
On new account Aiiokia

wolfdog01

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 08:27:03 pm »
Submitted mine

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 09:32:01 pm »
Submitted :)

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 01:44:18 am »
Submitted :D
Nice idea Spicy.

Ironic

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 02:14:11 am »
I don't have an opinion, but can't wait till Nov 7;)

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 04:01:26 am »
Put in my two cents!

We do have official Surveys of anyone would want to take a look at those as well. We are always open to hearing your thoughts and opinions!

Anonymous Community Survey: Forum Feedback & Ideas
Anonymous Feral Heart Staff Evaluation Survey
Anonymous FH Community Suggestions Survey: Potential (MIT) Mods in Training

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2020, 06:36:35 am »
submitted my scalding hawt takes
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

SpicyDirt

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2020, 02:04:24 pm »
I am a few days late...
I have gotten the results in and will now put up the majority of the ideas here with my own personal responses. Before I start, this all was just for me to see what people think - this was by no means anything official or anything.
Secondly, I'd like to say that no matter what, we all still love each other and I will not tolerate ANY argument on this specific post unless y'all are arguing over who is the most friendly person on these forums.
Lastly, I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to reply to this little survey. No one was forced, so having answers to respond to really helps me out!

1. Changes regarding everyday players?

Most of the answers said that there was nothing that needed to change for the everyday players. A few said the activity could be better, while others stated the community should be more friendly.

OWN RESPONSE: I agree with the idea that we all could be a little more active. As a few stated, talking in chat is a major aspect to this game - so switching it to local could spark some more conversation and friendships! I think when it comes to the forums we follow the same issue to a degree - not a lot of people who are on but everyone who is is almost always quite friendly towards one another! Keep up the good work, y'alls!

2. Changes regarding the staff?

The most I see here are transparency and activity. There was one of shared duties, which I find extremely interesting and will elaborate as to why below. The community seems to actually really like the staff members, they just want to see some slight change to become the unified team they really could become

OWN RESPONSE: So this has been an interesting topic for a long time in my opinion. The time I spent as a staff member really opened my eyes as to why they do what they do - and man do I still hold a LOT of respect for them if not more after my experience with them. Transparency is a tough thing with the whole Raz situation, but they really do try to share the most information they are allowed to. For activity, while I do agree that some could be more active, I think a lot of people don't see when they are. Often times the staff members would log in and just watch - not really respond to random things or anything, but just watch. Ame, Vortex, and Sura do respond to a lot and interact a lot. Ressy, in her defense, is on when the majority of the community are off - she lives in a different time zone but will try to be on when the rest of the community is on. Like I said, I got a lot of respect for these people for doing what they do - mad props, yo.

3. How would you promote the forums?

Now there are some really amazing ideas here that I absolutely love, so they will be listed below with my opinions sprinkled in:

- Social Media : We have already taken a step in the right direction by opening up an Insta and and Tumblr. Social media is such a great tool for promotion! Another said that having everyday players post about the game would also boost traffic and new players!
- Ads : Now this is something that I 100% support. Ads really do increase traffic on websites and such, so having ads for our game, I think, would really help us out and we could really see a healthy boost.
- Update the forums : Specifically, add in "creatively-driven sections" and make it easier to upload images. There is a MASSIVE community within FH that are artists, so having an easy place for them to share their art could help out quite a bit!
- Discord : Now this I see as a tough thing to implement. Having a Discord to provide a place to advertise or just chill could be really helpful, but we need the forums to keep our game alive. I say if we kept the news updates, help, etc. on the forums then we could successfully implement a Discord.

4. How would you promote the game?

Many of the answers follow the same as above. Social media, specifically brought up: YouTube are what the people want the most it seems. Another brought up an easier character creator with more modifications.

OWN RESPONSE: I really love the idea of an overhauled character creator to ease creation and allow for more creativity. Having a place where people could make highly detailed characters without having to create a whole preset could really boost interest!

5. Other changes you'd make if you were running the game?

There are so many replies to this that really go in depth. Some of them contain some information/ideas that personally I'd rather not put here as they could cause argument. That being said, I will be keeping the responses to this one to myself. I ask that if you are upset about this decision you PM me and we can work it out together.

Thank you all for your replies! I got a lot of interesting answers and would absolutely love to follow-up with some people to get some more information on their ideas. Here are my follow-up questions to some of these (if you'd like to remain anonymous on the forums, PM me the answers and we can do it all privately!):

1. What kind of advertisement do you think would be the most efficient for us?
2. For the character creation, what specific modifications would you implement to improve its function?
3. If you could add one forum board to boost activity on the forums, what would it be?

Please consider taking a peep at the official surveys posted by Ame:

We do have official Surveys of anyone would want to take a look at those as well. We are always open to hearing your thoughts and opinions!

Anonymous Community Survey: Forum Feedback & Ideas
Anonymous Feral Heart Staff Evaluation Survey
Anonymous FH Community Suggestions Survey: Potential (MIT) Mods in Training

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Survey *ANSWERS*
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2020, 02:41:24 pm »
1. What kind of advertisement do you think would be the most efficient for us?
2. For the character creation, what specific modifications would you implement to improve its function?
3. If you could add one forum board to boost activity on the forums, what would it be?
1. Well, in my opinion, I think we need unofficial ads, like memes, gameplays, maybe streamed roleplays though? Of course official ads too ;)
2. I have no clue honestly... but thing what I saw around IT servers, maybe possible second markings? In my opinion needed are only on body, but possible on head too.
3. I though ealier about redirect board only for forum newcomers, since they sometimes they aren't sure where should be topics posted. It could work like- person is posting topic, and one of staff members redirect it to for example game discussion board. But it could be much more work for staff... maybe only for people under 25 posts? I don't know honestly.
On new account Aiiokia