Author Topic: Maps arn't Working  (Read 1462 times)

Offline SneakyTheSniper

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Maps arn't Working
« on: August 10, 2021, 10:07:53 pm »
Hello, I'm a old FH player returning after a few years since my old pc gave up the ghost-
I've been trying to get online to hang around again but after this new update ive run into a issue. I'll log into a character and they won't be in a map just in a void, and i've had this happen before where i just don't have the custom map thats a easy fix but.. this time i'll reset my home and it won't reset? It just stays blank as if the maps don't exist? This also happens to all characters including new created ones!

So im stuck at a loss. I've looked around on the help forms to see if anyone else is struggling like me but it seems some have a different issue or their issue isn't resolved.. I need help :'3
I have all the maps in the maps folder- so i dunno whats going on?

a image from my game:
https://sta.sh/0yq0b8btl4e

also this is the first time posting on the forums- so apologies if i've messed up c:
also thank you in advance for any help im given vwv

SpicyDirt

Re: Maps arn't Working
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 11:03:09 pm »
Hey there!

I'd recommend a fresh install of the game and patch. Both of those items can be found here: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=68053.0 (make sure you use either the MediaFire download or Google Drive)

Offline SneakyTheSniper

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 11:12:22 pm »
I have done so- I just tried a third time and to no luck its still not working? I don't know if somethings not moving over or what? I know it mentions "some files Need administrators permission" However this is the only account on my computer and its a administrator? so unsure if thats causing a issue?

SpicyDirt

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 11:29:49 pm »
You can always try running the game itself as an administrator. But the only thing that should be replaced from the patch to the main folder is the .exe

Offline SneakyTheSniper

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 11:57:36 pm »
I was using the whole folder that it downloads incase something didn't install right from the original installation file-
and running it as a administer worked.. the one thing i didn't think to try since this wasn't needed before which makes me question why it is now for this computer lol

ah well, thank you for your help! c:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 12:47:02 am by SneakyTheSniper »

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 01:02:13 am »
Locking since the issue was resolved, welcome back and have fun in-game!
Farewell everyone<3