Author Topic: Old Maps and gatherin around Bonfire Island  (Read 6739 times)

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
Re: Old Maps and gatherin around Bonfire Island
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 02:56:59 pm »
I was not here long enough to be experiencing the old map, I joined early in 2017. But it seems like you guys really enjoyed the old maps, is it just nostalgia or was the old map really not that bad?

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 08:49:46 pm »
I'd love to see this happen! I'd love to see the old Bonfire being populated, even if just for a day.

I was not here long enough to be experiencing the old map, I joined early in 2017. But it seems like you guys really enjoyed the old maps, is it just nostalgia or was the old map really not that bad?

Almost entirely nostalgia. I'd say the old maps aren't really that great, there's a lot of glitches and poorly developed locations (I'm pretty sure one of the maps literally didn't have a single mesh in it), but they're still pretty iconic and it feels like each map is extremely different from the others with their own charm. Feralheart just used to have different distinct 'subgroups' in each map (like the TLK players in Bonfire, warrior cats in Fluorite, creepypasta/fnaf/pokemon/etc. in Ficho, dragons in Sky's Rim, stuff like that). I guess myself and other players just have a lot of memories in the old maps, and kinda miss all of the weird fun happenings that'd occur all the time. Some of the aspects that made FH really memorable for me kinda disappeared once the update dropped. Not to say the update wasn't good, it definitely has strengths over the old FH, but the mood and community has really changed since then. It's less about the maps and more the memories and what they represent, I guess.

Sorry if that's a long ramble, but just kinda explaining my own thoughts on it lol. I guess other people might feel a bit differently, though.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline StellaSparkle

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • ShiniingStar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2018, 05:13:15 pm »
I downloaded it today and I almost cried...I WANT BONFIRE FULL OF PEOPLE AGAIN!!

I can go there whenever you guys want!! I want them to have many people again...

Offline amber501

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Is probably in the wrong section
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2018, 05:04:15 am »
I just went through my first computer looking at screenshots of when I first played the game and it made me so sad! I tried to adapt to the new FH but my last laptop broke and won't even open to let me retrieve my files.. It'd be so nice to have somewhere like BonFire Island again! It was so much fun to randomly message players for RP and watch the chaos that was Mate Center lmao! If there's a map download already out for BFI, I'd love to download it! :D
People don't forget.
Nothing gets forgiven.
-JM
I'm a slut for RDR lol

Offline SpazPaint

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2018, 05:06:31 pm »
If anyone in this thread would like to schedule a specific time or day to meet up, that would be great.
I'll hang out in Bonfire today and see if anyone shows up. I usually play FH from afternoon-ish to late at night. I'm SpazPaint in-game if anyone wants to find me ^_^

If you're looking for the download for the old maps, check out this post: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=58682.0

Offline amber501

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Is probably in the wrong section
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 01:27:24 am »
What about a specific month or week instead of a day? That way there's more time for those who have to work or go to school.
People don't forget.
Nothing gets forgiven.
-JM
I'm a slut for RDR lol

Offline star._.chariot

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Pantsu maru mi e.
    • angryfandomwaifu
    • Serenity Mallette
    • angryfandomwaifu
    • anime_kid13
    • angryfandomwai1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 05:40:25 pm »
I'd love to join in! The old maps have so many memories for me as well, and it would be so nice to see Bonfire full again, just like old times. I usually will run through the old maps and it gives me such a feeling of nostalgia. It breaks my heart to know that some people didn't get to experience the old times since they were so fun! I'd be willing to join in for sure <3
Let's have a little chat.

PocketMutt

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2018, 07:16:00 am »
You could get everyone together and be the host of a map exploration group/party by adding people to a discord server so that everyone can decide on a certain date to visit the map(s). I have more info here if you want to check that out and feel free to let me know if anyone ends up making a group !

Offline SpazPaint

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2018, 09:44:25 pm »
OK, since people are keen to the meetup idea I was thinking either:
August 17-19
4:30 PM -12:30 AM EST-ish each day

or

August 24-26
4:30 PM -12:30 AM EST-ish each day

That way it'll give everyone more than enough time to prepare. If this upcoming weekend is too soon, we can move it to next weekend. OR just end up doing both meetings; this weekend AND next weekend.

Flurr

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 10:14:18 pm »
I like this idea! Hopefully I can make it those dates.