Author Topic: Map refuses to load for 2 users in particular, likely an FHO issue?  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Cybera

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • yeah
    • View Profile
    • Weasyl
Alright, so recently myself and a fellow RP member were attempting to enter the Alpha ver. of a map for an RP. Everyone else has no issues entering the map. However, she and I both have issues. When attempting to load the map up/load our characters/enter the map, the game will crash shortly after trying. For me at least, it doesn't give me a "Feral Heart has stopped responding" message or anything. It just closes.

I went in and manually began adding in .fho files to a COMPLETELY BLANK Feral Heart folder, separate from my main folder/game, to see which .fho files the game liked and which it didn't.

I began noticing two things:
1. There's no pattern for the .fho files. they seem to be random
2. Some of the .fho files are files with which I have NEVER had issues with, and even have downloaded personally for map making.

It doesn't seem to be an issue with other meshes because, as I said, I loaded the map files into a bare-bones FH folder to test and see. The map was able to load with 0 issues for several .fho files, but many of the more important ones were refusing.

It's not a particle issue either. While the map does have a fair number of particles, there doesn't seem to be any duplicates (_0 and _1 or whatever) popping up.

We even went as far as having the map maker send us the .mesh and .material files for most of the nuisance .fhos and got nowhere. We tried exporting a map with specifically those .fho groups added into it (one item from each Object group in map maker) and I was able to enter the test map no problem, but not the main one.

These are the .fho files I found so far through individual research that have given me crashes. I've never had issues with some of them before.

There were still more .fho files to test, but I had gotten pretty fed up with opening and closing my game for 2 hours straight as I manually added in one .fho at a time to see if my game liked it or not.

Now, I've been playing FH since the game came out. I've never had any issues like this.

Initially, the other individual involved (I won't be adding them in unless they decide they'd like to be added) had what a few users recognized as the Flower Bush glitch? They had some meshes show up as the default FH Flower bush mesh. I did not experience this, so perhaps we are experiencing different issues.

If anyone has any clue as to what it might be, please let us know ASAP! We've tried a lot of things to try and fix this but to no avail.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
If the map has a custom shy or weather, try deleting its .fhs and .fhw files
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Cybera

• Curious Wanderer
  • yeah
    • View Profile
    • Weasyl

I've tried messing with the .fhs file, moving it to the right spot and such. If the sky were the issue, though, then wouldn't the map refuse entry all the time? I was able to enter the map when only select .fhos were in my exports. Others, it would crash. I'll try removing the .fhs completely to see but I don't believe that's the issue.

Offline Shenanigans

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
I'm the other member having problems in this situation! To echo Cybera, yeah I've tried removing the .fhs file and it doesn't seem to effect things. The .fhos giving me problems are more consistent in my case but I've used many of them in other maps with no problem nor had an issue like this before.

Offline Cybera

• Curious Wanderer
  • yeah
    • View Profile
    • Weasyl

I've tried messing with the .fhs file, moving it to the right spot and such. If the sky were the issue, though, then wouldn't the map refuse entry all the time? I was able to enter the map when only select .fhos were in my exports. Others, it would crash. I'll try removing the .fhs completely to see but I don't believe that's the issue.

Removed the .fhs, no dice. Still crashing.

Offline Cybera

• Curious Wanderer
  • yeah
    • View Profile
    • Weasyl
Bump with more to add

I managed to get into the map for a SPLIT second, but crashed almost immediately after.

My FH log has been giving me this:

I removed particles yet its still doing this.

Before, it was doing this:

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
have you tried to delete all the object files that were added via mods, start the game so it would load up, and then restart it with them re-added?
it may just be the files suddenly being unhappy with a slight tweak.
sorry if you already did i'm having trouble reading ^ - ^;

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Cybera

• Curious Wanderer
  • yeah
    • View Profile
    • Weasyl
have you tried to delete all the object files that were added via mods, start the game so it would load up, and then restart it with them re-added?
it may just be the files suddenly being unhappy with a slight tweak.
sorry if you already did i'm having trouble reading ^ - ^;

Yes. I've tried reinstalling the map, installing it on a Bare-Bones (nothing custom) FH game, and tried adding the .fho files one at a time. No luck.

Offline Cybera

• Curious Wanderer
  • yeah
    • View Profile
    • Weasyl
Sorry, but I'm bumping cause this is STILL unresolved

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
Duplicate particles can also exist within the fho files. If a system is ever defined twice ANYWHERE, you will crash. That means if two fhos define it, it also causes the error. Particles are only loaded from fho files in Exports/ when you enter their maps, so it won't crash on startup.

That aside, I've noticed that maps have some oddities with loading maps quite oft; objects won't display for others and such. I think the game just isn't managing the objects in memory properly, kinda like how there's a 255 limit in the number of markings you can use. You may have to fiddle with how your object groups are set up (use fewer, possibly). Unfortunately, I do not believe there will be a simple catch-all solution here.