Author Topic: please disable your ad blocker  (Read 3282 times)

Offline realflow100

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
please disable your ad blocker
« on: November 09, 2018, 06:10:50 am »
why........ WHY...... I cant stand ads. I dont want to be forced to see them!

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
Re: please disable your ad blocker
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 06:32:47 am »
The reason we ask users to disable adblock is because we need advertisements to help keep the game and site running. I apologize if this comes as an inconvenience to some, but I hope you understand why they're necessary to have around the forum.

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline realflow100

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 06:42:58 am »
so i have to just deal with ads now and cant use an adblocker anymore? Theres not even an option to "close this message and continue anyways"
it just straight up clears the whole pagepage and replaces it with the "disable your ad blocker" dialog!
UGH I think i might quit playing FH because of this. I cant even have the extension enabled. whitelisting doesnt work and i'm not going to disable the extension every time i want to play feral heart. this is ridiculous

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 06:51:57 am »
There should be a way to pause adblock on this site only without you needing to manually disable it each time. Is there not?

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 07:39:46 am »
What browser are you on? I guess Firefox's adblock doesn't have the same whitelist that Google Chrome's adblock has, as I whitelisted the FH site in Chrome browser and I don't get the popup anymore. The ads are not intrusive, there's never an ad playing sound, there's never a popup, and they're harmless if you don't click on them.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 10:40:14 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 301
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 03:02:31 pm »
The block page actually provides information on how to whitelist on many many browsers and addons if you click disable my adblocker you will see a page of options.
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline realflow100

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 02:17:13 pm »
I'm using google chrome. and have a combination of ublock and adblock plus
and the only way I can get the message to go away is to COMPLETELY disable the adblock and ublock extensions on the google chrome extension page. Very frustrating. It detects both of them no matter if they are paused or not.
I have simply gone the route of disabling javascript on feral-heart.com/* and keeping my adblockers enabled. and using a custom automatic refresher for the login page. that way I dont see ads. and I dont have to disable my adblocker. because disabling javascript prevents the message from coming up and blocking me from using the site
Really annoying that it gives no you no option to "close this prompt and continue blocking ads anyways" and simply blocks the whole page from being used until you disable your adblocker extension/s

And there is popups on the login page. it can sometimes take you to roblox.com or other random websites if you click anywhere on the page instead of using the tab button to select the login fields and pressing enter.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 02:18:44 pm by realflow100 »

Offline Kahbloom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Happy Camper
    • Kahbloom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 04:54:54 pm »
Hey! That's kinda weird. I have Adblock & I was able to whitelist the Feral-Heart website. All I did was click on the button for Adblock (on the top of my browser) & I was able to turn it off right there.
Hmmm.

My best suggestion at the moment would be to maybe play around with a bit more (unless you're sure you've already tried everything you can do!--Can you maybe look up a video tutorial or something like that? Think it could maybe help!)
I understand your frustration, though.
Ads can be very annoying. But, like Panzram stated, just try to keep in mind that they help keep the game around! :)
Please say hello if you see me in-game!
kahbloom.deviantart.com

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 05:13:54 pm »
I also use google chrome but have never utilized any sort of adblocker. I do see the ads everywhere, including the login page, but they have never taken me anywhere simply by clicking on the page.

Go into your Google Chrome settings, scroll down to advanced. Scroll down to the Privacy and Security section, at the bottom click Content Settings. Scroll down to Pop-Ups and Redirects and go in there and make sure you enable it as blocked. It is blocked when the little tab thingy is gray, not blue. You can also go one setting down from Pop-Ups and Redirects where it says "Ads". From there you can enable it to block ads from sites that tend to show intrusive ads and then whitelist FeralHeart!

As for that last setting I have it turns on, as in it blocks ads on sites that show intrusive ads, I have not white listed FH, but Chrome does not recognize FH as being one of those intrusive sites so I still see the ads! ^^

You are amazing <3

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 06:00:39 pm »
It is important to understand that the game and forum is free thanks to the staff team working without any payments required.
But a server and webspace and most of all the traffic of communication between the user and the FH game and website is not free at all and can grow very expencive.

So in case you want to enjoy the game and actually support it to stay up and running there is a need of ad's.
This is not made to annoy people or shoo them off. This is to simply ensure that the service of the website and server can be kept up and running.

I dont see a problem with supporting a game you love to play with simply switching off an adblocker.
I have noticed the amount of ads has decreased much. They are much less annoying than before so i gladly disabled my adblocker on the forum to show my apreciation and support for this wonderfull game, staff and community.