Author Topic: Knowing How Long a Ban is + The Reasoning Why?  (Read 1360 times)

illogicalFish

Knowing How Long a Ban is + The Reasoning Why?
« on: April 30, 2019, 02:42:08 am »
The title says it all.

This used to be a thing before the Login page incident. It could possibly clear up why people have been banned and how long they are banned. Thus this will clear up Moderator messages AND the forums for locked threads.

Maybe this could be set on the login page?

I am not discussing bans, so I'd love if this thread wasn't locked for said reasoning. I am trying to help with confusion on the subject matter <3

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Knowing How Long a Ban is + The Reasoning Why?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 03:04:39 am »
Just saying, this thread will most likely be locked because any talk of bans, whether just ideas or not, are usually prohibited but I dunno.

But I'll still throw my two cents in. I know for a fact that when a banned member tries logging in it'll tell them how long they are banned for. Reasoning...not so much. Although most of the time when the player is in game and gets kicked from there, they'll have a kick message and the reason more often than not. So in all reality, this is already in place. ^^ Hope this helps.

illogicalFish

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 03:13:28 am »
It doesn’t tell you though? It’s just states that you are banned. Also considering this is a suggestion of sorts to help I hope this doesn’t get locked. It would be ridiculous if it was.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 03:33:33 am »
uhhh it's been a while but yeah it's true that people who are banned at least on the forums (used to?) get a reason. in-game not so much. causes a lot of confusion in my observation.
not sure if there is really a way to give reasons for bans in-game? idk though, someone may conform this later.

leaving out a lot of detail here because i'm afraid of making your threat subject for closing, but i hope this makes sense.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 04:52:31 am »
Hey there!

We did indeed use to have the little tab that would give you info on how long your ban was, and the reason it was removed was to encourage users to contact a moderator about their ban. Many of the PMs we would recieve regarding bans would have users trying to fight around certain aspects or simply not understand the ban, so it was figured that by creating a position where they would need to go to staff to get their information, there would be less room for people to not understand why it was they were banned (as opposed to, say, one person being banned for a greater length than a friend for the same offense-- what that person might not know is that they have a ban history, which would naturally extend the length. If the user didn't contact staff, though, they would not know this and could be led to believe that they were unfairly banned. Moderator contact would provide clarification). However, I agree that there are improvements that could be done to this, so I agree with your sentiment.

Unfortunately, I do have to lock this, since we outline in our Forum Guidelines that bans shouldn't be discussed on the public area of the forum. We are happy to hear any suggestions that you have for us to improve the game, though, so you are always welcome to PM a staff member and share your thoughts with us. I can see that you're approaching this at a well-intentioned angle, so I hope you understand that this isn't being locked because your idea isn't being heard. (The reasoning behind why we don't open these kinds of threads is because you'll get an influx of users simply complaining about their bans, trying to start drama, and it's not necessarily a useful way to communicate with those who are able to address the problem by posting on a discussion board.) If you would like to add any further thoughts or have any follow-up inquiries, my inbox is always open.^^ I hope I was able to answer your question.

• Discussion on Bans and Reports
    You are prohibited to make a thread or mention in a post about being kicked and/or banned from in-game or on the forum. If you were kicked and/or banned, then it was for a reason. If you have a question about it, however, then you are referred to a moderator or an admin. As for reports, do not go and make a thread reporting a user. When you are reporting somebody, you are to send a private message to a moderator or an admin for them to handle it. Any threads discussing a kick/ban or reporting a user will be deleted upon sight.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 04:54:42 am by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.