Bring it back?

Yes
30 (71.4%)
No
4 (9.5%)
Undecided/Neutral
8 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Bringing Back General Chat?  (Read 8076 times)

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
Re: Bringing Back General Chat?
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2019, 02:59:03 am »
i've been playing for long enough to know what the green text was like.
my first experience with it was. not exactly game appropriate but for the most part i saw wholesome interactions and good friends.

and honestly?
i think it should stay where it is. not because it's a bad thing or it doesn't have potential to work in our currently more subdued community but that if something like the spoctor raid were to happen again, we only have so many active staff on at any given time.
hell, that number seems to dwindle down and down as the weeks go on, and that's understandable. because we're all humans with lives and hobbies but i believe we should do something like a test run over the summer. have general up for a couple weeks when our moderating team has time to watch it and they can gauge whether it should make a full return, if our community of old and new players can use it as intended. i leave it up to raz but for now? i don't think it should be around. not yet.
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2019, 03:15:22 am »

Maybe we should have have a new approach. Something he would approve of as well.

... like what exactly?
there isn't much that can be done to provide a 'new approach', since uh
there aren't many avenues to take?
except for... waiting?

which is what we're doing?

this discussion is just to add on to the pile of what's been done already, and apart from maybe being annoying isn't doing much harm.
stopping a conversation because we won't find out the thrilling conclusion is silly. let the people talk about general, or else we'll be no better off than we were in 2013-2014 in the hellish iron curtain that fell on anyone wanting to talk about it.
it's healthy.

This... This is what bugs me. We shouldn't have to accept that, as angsty and rebellious as it may sound. In order to maintain a respectable reputation, Feralheart's heads should be prepared to take in ideas from the outside and elaborate on them.

attagirl.
which is why this discussion should still be had - otherwise this weird perpetuation that nothing can be done so let's quit because raz might say no is gonna keep on perpetu it's ating.
let the people talk. when you try to stop the people from talking, they continue and they get louder. and more annoying.
something something streisand effect.

There is a large difference between compromise and collaboration.

Compromise is an avoidance tactic. We, right now, are compromising our needs for something else. Backing down is a compromise, but compromise will never be a good thing. Fighting, arguing, and bickering, is never a good thing. That is all I see from everyone right now. Just a bunch of people arguing over wanting the same exact thing.

When the going gets tough, we as a community all start pointing fingers. "Raz did this," "She did that," and "They did this."
That's what's going on right now, and there is honestly no reason. From ANYONE. We all want the same thing, but we all have a different way or different opinion on how to approach it, so why are we arguing exactly?

attagirl x2
just wanting to highlight it in case people[like me] keep skipping posts and then going back when they realize there was text.
this is also the second time i've tried to write something up and the forum dinged me that there's a new response

i think it should stay where it is. not because it's a bad thing or it doesn't have potential to work in our currently more subdued community but that if something like the spoctor raid were to happen again, we only have so many active staff on at any given time.
now this
this is what i was looking for with the original thread
new critique
and this is a very, very fair concern.

i still wouldn't say it outweighs the good of having a global/region/general/galaxy chat, considering that the population during these raids is about the same as what we used to have in the golden days of FH.
it wouldn't add much to the payload as staff really can't/shouldn't be watching us at all times. mainly because they are people and should take breaks, but also because community members can step up to help out via reports/talking people down gently. it's worked in the past and it can work now.

sorry if this seems scatter brained i kept rewriting this post but peOPLE KEPT TALKING

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2019, 05:29:08 am »
No one in any community should be restrained from speaking for themselves and for those who are too afraid to do so. No matter what the topic is. At this point, the concern for FH's survival is why General chat keeps being brought up. No community should NOT be given insight of what the plans are. No community should just be shut out and neglected because one person doesn't like the topic they bring up. No PASSIONATE community should suffer the consequences if a game dies because one person doesn't care about this game's survival and what needs to be done to help it.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2019, 05:49:34 am »
Well then in this case, maybe we can push it till Raz finally gets sick of it and either A). Gives it another chance or B). Keeps locking threads and avoiding the topic like he's been doing so far. Cause according to everyone else, there is no other way to bring FH's activity back except for...General apparently. Or it's one of the main things. And everyone may be right.

General could very well be FH's saving grace. And if it's not brought back because the server master just refuses to bring it back, then what?

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2019, 05:58:40 am »
I'm not going to leave a long post here as I feel there's no need to.
All points that have needed to be brought up have been, and most opinions have been shared.

The fact of the matter is that the staff team has been talking about this for quite some time.
What we've come to is this: Raz has given a flat out "no" to bringing general chat back anytime soon.
He feels there are far more important matters at hand before this is given another thought- bigger fish to fry, so to speak.
This is not to say myself or any of the other staff fully agree with the decision, as we all have quite different opinions on the matter itself.
It is simply the response we have been given and I would like to share this with you, to keep things as transparent as possible.

I've truly enjoyed reading all of the perspectives from you folks and personally thank you all for being (mostly) civil about this.
This thread will remain unlocked; you are all welcome (and encouraged!) to continue sharing your opinions. <3

Calvary

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2019, 06:05:01 am »
No one in any community should be restrained from speaking for themselves and for those who are too afraid to do so. No matter what the topic is. At this point, the concern for FH's survival is why General chat keeps being brought up. No community should NOT be given insight of what the plans are. No community should just be shut out and neglected because one person doesn't like the topic they bring up. No PASSIONATE community should suffer the consequences if a game dies because one person doesn't care about this game's survival and what needs to be done to help it.

I actually kind of disagree here, mainly because General is not the main idea behind Feral Heart's survival. It's a subject that has been recycled for decades, mainly because many people disliked the idea of it going away in the first place. It would be nice to have back, surely! I wouldn't mind it coming back at all, but. To think that General is the pinnacle of Feral Heart's survival is a bit well... farfetched.

>> I also want to make it clear I do agree that discussions should be left open and rightfully so. However, mistakes and errors do happen and we shouldn't get too wired up about it.

Again, as I stated before in my previous post said above, I can tell and read into the sourness that's obviously there. Meaning, my point exactly, that everyone is still pointing fingers when we really shouldn't be. The game will not die because of a mistake, and it's crude to assume that this 'one person' spoken of has ill-intentions for the game and it's survival. If this 'one person' truly didn't care about the game's survival, don't you think this game would've ended months ago?

Wolffox is correct in being transparent with the community and outright giving an answer that we perhaps all needed. Thank you, Fox, for keeping civil in this regard, and even though you don't agree with the decision made, it's respectful that you approached it in an easier way.

My point still stands, however. We need to stop pointing fingers. The game won't die due to a disagreement, but due to our negligence of the real objective while we keep tugging at each other's hair trying to pin the blame on someone.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 06:12:26 am by Calvary »

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2019, 06:06:00 am »
Why does everyone keep beating a dead horse over it?
Because most users want General to come back. xd

Idk why this is such a rough topic lol it's a chat common among most games with chatrooms. It shouldn't have been removed in the first place.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2019, 06:31:11 am »

I actually kind of disagree here, mainly because General is not the main idea behind Feral Heart's survival. It's a subject that has been recycled for decades, mainly because many people disliked the idea of it going away in the first place. It would be nice to have back, surely! I wouldn't mind it coming back at all, but. To think that General is the pinnacle of Feral Heart's survival is a bit well... farfetched.

>> I also want to make it clear I do agree that discussions should be left open and rightfully so. However, mistakes and errors do happen and we shouldn't get too wired up about it.

Again, as I stated before in my previous post said above, I can tell and read into the sourness that's obviously there. Meaning, my point exactly, that everyone is still pointing fingers when we really shouldn't be. The game will not die because of a mistake, and it's crude to assume that this 'one person' spoken of has ill-intentions for the game and it's survival. If this 'one person' truly didn't care about the game's survival, don't you think this game would've ended months ago?

Wolffox is correct in being transparent with the community and outright giving an answer that we perhaps all needed. Thank you, Fox, for keeping civil in this regard, and even though you don't agree with the decision made, it's respectful that you approached it in an easier way.

My point still stands, however. We need to stop pointing fingers. The game won't die due to a disagreement, but due to our negligence of the real objective while we keep tugging at each other's hair trying to pin the blame on someone.

You've misinterpreted my post here,
I said no one should be restrained on bringing up discussions, no matter what the topic is. I didn't mean to pinpoint General as FH's key to survival, I was supposed to insinuate that it would play a role worthy of giving a try and just seeing how it goes. It's a feature of FH that the community dearly misses.

I stand by what I said for specific reasons I'll not share.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 06:33:04 am by Scallywag »

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Dinhosaurr

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • they call me the rice whisperer
    • RE-CONCILE
    • Re_concile
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2019, 06:34:20 am »
Well then in this case, maybe we can push it till Raz finally gets sick of it and either A). Gives it another chance or B). Keeps locking threads and avoiding the topic like he's been doing so far. Cause according to everyone else, there is no other way to bring FH's activity back except for...General apparently. Or it's one of the main things. And everyone may be right.

General could very well be FH's saving grace. And if it's not brought back because the server master just refuses to bring it back, then what?

I have to agree with this.
We have all entered into this discussion with an open mind and despite others saying that we are, "beating a dead horse," I still find the conversation at hand a lesser debate that has grown into something it shouldn't have become, although the various perspectives and opinions of members show the community coming together to converse over what they may believe could benefit, or not benefit Feral-Heart. If we continue to push Raz to this "breaking point" and finally expect that he will one day bring back the general chat, he could simply not do anything at all and blatantly disregard the entire thread, lock it, and go about his day. Azura made a dashing point that many posts prior have mentioned how "Feral-Heart NEEDS General chat to LIVE" when it doesn't.

Feral-Heart has lived on, even after General Chat was removed. Let's say it was removed some-time in 2013. Therefore, Feral-Heart held onto General Chat for around 3/4 years. Feral-Heart from then on, 2013-2019, has been the span of around 6/7 years ? About that long. Here are some incidents that have perhaps, just a thought, decreased Feral-Heart's activity over the years --

* The Hacker incident years back caused a great havoc within our Community. Players were banned, and staff were working over-time to maintain safety of the players. The hackers made a twitter account where they garnered a following, and they proceeded to meme the game out of this dimension.

* New Log-in page to play the game - a multitude, or perhaps many members have quit the game due to this. Although, would you rather feel safe and protected ? Raz implemented this as an alternative way to continue playing the game while making a way to keep out hackers. New log-in page design is also quite dashing, don't you think?

* New Update (2016 , New maps rendition) - all old maps were removed, players no longer feel like they should stay with Feral-Heart because it is changing waaaay too much for their liking. People want old maps back, debates occur, old maps do not return. Feral-Heart continues to move on with new update.

* Change, in general. - Old players have retired from the game, therefore a lot of the community has lessened to a younger audience, however Feral-Heart has always had a younger audience, just a little bit more with change, kids still like the game. No more mate center, adoption center? Apparently few find it now boring. No more pride rock? Can't throw Fake yellow simba off the cliff? No longer would like to play.

People hate change, and that's just how it will be. Feral-Heart continues to move on, and it shouldn't focus on the past to maintain it's "survival." The game itself is a big nostalgia for older players and will always be a resort for home. I don't oppose General returning at all, however we're big on whether Raz will act upon what we ask for. Staff have shared their disappoint for not being able to return General back to the community, but there is only so much that we can do.

⁎⁎⁎
| pfp asawillow |
| sig peachano3o |

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2019, 07:46:29 am »
I’m not going to try and express my opinion because I’m afraid I make no sense at all... lol. Sorry.
I find many people here having it like it’s nothing to write a post with 15 lines, but not for me. I just can’t. I want to but I can’t. Especially that some can easily use fine words like “blatantly” “misinterpred” “compromise” “dwindled”, and way many more... Period. :/

What I can say is I’m for the general chat to come back...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 07:54:58 am by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like