Bring it back?

Yes
30 (71.4%)
No
4 (9.5%)
Undecided/Neutral
8 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Bringing Back General Chat?  (Read 8077 times)

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: Bringing Back General Chat?
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2019, 07:57:30 am »
The fact of the matter is that the staff team has been talking about this for quite some time.
What we've come to is this: Raz has given a flat out "no" to bringing general chat back anytime soon.
He feels there are far more important matters at hand before this is given another thought- bigger fish to fry, so to speak.

With what you've said, it only leads me to feel as if Raz wants to look at other things first, then consider and speak about General once them bigger fish have been fried and made into nice sushi roles. If this is so, then I say focus on other things for the time being, then bring General back up at a later point with him. I'm not saying to stop discussions entirely; continue to your heart's content, but to pull other things together first rather than pushing a topic that he's already stated his opinion on. Again from what you said, it feels like he might comply later once other things have been taken care of. That is of course only assuming from second hand information.

To think that General is the pinnacle of Feral Heart's survival is a bit well... farfetched.

I agree with Cal here. There are multiple other factors that way in on FeralHeart's survival. Not just one chat option. General plays a part in it, but it's not the make or break decision of this game we all call home.

- it's crude to assume that this 'one person' spoken of has ill-intentions for the game and it's survival. If this 'one person' truly didn't care about the game's survival, don't you think this game would've ended months ago?

My point still stands, however. We need to stop pointing fingers. The game won't die due to a disagreement, but due to our negligence of the real objective while we keep tugging at each other's hair trying to pin the blame on someone.

Bottom line, if Raz didn't care for this game, FeralHeart would most likely be long gone by now. If he didn't care, he wouldn't have done some of the things I've been able to see through my time here on the forum. If Raz says that you should maybe try tackling other issues first before addressing the General Chat, maybe it wouldn't hurt to tackle those things first and get it done and settled. If anything, it's not about what we want. It's about what's best for FeralHeart as a whole.

I'm not saying General shouldn't be put back into the game just because we want it back, and I'm not saying that is our soul intention that "we just want it back to have it back." What I'm saying is, if it will better FeralHeart to have it or not, the best decision needs to be made on the matter so FeralHeart CAN live and continue on into the many years ahead.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 08:00:13 am by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2019, 08:09:17 am »
General's removal is absolutely not the reason why FeralHeart has been more and more inactive. As someone who's been through the thick and thin with this game it definitely has to do with other factors.
Like the fact that the registration's has been closed 80% of the time for like 2 years BUT WE CAN'T TALK ABOUT THAT shh

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2019, 04:23:27 pm »
typing this up quickly but i keep seeing this 'bigger fish to fry' thing being brought up
i have to ask

what bigger fish are there to fry

we just had a patch in recent months and honestly that should not take top priority every single time, or else NOTHING will get done at all.
i'd say that the general chat issue is DEFINITELY one of the bigger fish, considering it's been something brought up consistently for years.
apart from a small handful almost everyone has the same feelings towards it and has been conveying those feelings for years.
what about this does not make it at least one of the top priorities?

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2019, 05:11:26 pm »
Telling that to Raz though is like talking to a brick wall. Getting nowhere with it.

I don't know what else to do though. I mean, people have been talking about it for years, making threads, the like. We just have to find a way to convince him that bringing General back may help things....

Hmmm....

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2019, 06:30:29 pm »
Raz said to us yesterday, and I quote exactly; "Its not somthing thats even on the horision until after other more pressing matters are completed"

Which... honestly would have been a more polite and elaborate way to end a thread before locking it. But, I just hope everyone's opinion of other staff hasn't changed because of the blunt decision to lock the thread as his overall 'opinion' which was rude and unnecessary. But, moving on. Gonna shake that off.

All though a lot of people would like to see General Chat coming back right now, I have to agree that there would be a better time to bring it back. For starters, more active in-game staff which there seems to be a lack of. Staff that can actively moderate the General Chat and sort out any issues more often in real-time rather than rely on self-moderation. It's needed because users are definitely going to listen to staff rather than users, who they will more than likely talk back at.

Now I know some may think that reporting may be enough, but sometimes it really isn't. You are all capable of being really good influences, but the things I see said in Local Chat these days (let alone General Chat) would often require a mod's attention to get them out of the game rather than continuing to cause more drama and issues for everyone else. Right now it's fine the way it is because Local Chat doesn't reach further than maybe almost half way through The Grounds distance wise. This is the exact reason why we need more active in-game staff. Staff who are able to spend some parts of their day talking to people, being a good influence for the General Chat and being there to moderate it while it starts back again. Right now, sadly, I don't think we have that.

Honestly, I really think there is a better time to bring it back than now, because right now it's hit and miss. It could either go terribly wrong or will go fairly okay, and I'd rather wait until there's a better opening for it to actually come back rather than now when there's a possibility it'll just get taken away again for the lack of a good start it needs with active in-game staff moderation. I can't stress it enough really, and I don't want to particularly hear anything about it from anyone because right now it's going in circles and it's going to get to the point where it won't come back at all because of how irresponsible people can be with what they say and how they can't take "no, not right now" for an answer. It's not like it's "no, not ever".

People eventually got Raz's opinion, which was said at the very beginning of this post.

Please leave it at "not now, but when there's a better opening" rather than pushing it to "not now, not ever" and then end up in a big sulk.

Sorry to be transparent with you all, but it is what it is now.

Maybe send your energy over to this thread instead. It'll be a better use of your time.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 06:39:54 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2019, 07:07:37 pm »
Well he needs to just tell us that instead of his vague statements he gives and just giving off the idea that he doesn't give a crap what we want.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2019, 07:14:05 pm »
Yeah he's made it clear to us that he doesn't care what people think of him and it's not going to change unfortunately, so I guess Staff/MotS can quote things he says as there's no point in trying to get someone involved with topics they don't want to actively be involved in/reply to properly.

It's a shame.

But.

Complaining about that now isn't going to change that.

I just encourage staff to quote from him in future from now on rather than speak on... his behalf? so things are more legitimate and in 'his writing' as much as possible, even if it's not from him directly.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 07:20:11 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2019, 08:01:18 pm »
I understand Razmirz is a busy man and might not be that open but he should at least try to be transparent. No spite towards him, but after what happened a few months ago he should at least learned a bit about what his community wants, which was being less vauge.
I understand (and agree) that their are more important things to do other than revive General chat, but afaik I don't see anything on the horizon as a mere regular member...
I feel weird talking about someone like this, but like how several people said that's just how it is gonna be for now.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2019, 09:04:28 pm »
Well now Bawful you just took the words right from my mouth before I could write them down. Or...my fingers, per se.

This is why I say, after getting an explanation, just leave it be and tackle other things first. I can't see what things exactly, but all I can do is trust your, and Raz's words that there are bigger things to take care of first.

As you've said, I agree right now in this very time frame would not be a good idea to bring it back due to not that many active in-game staff- thank you for explaining everything by the way. Referencing a previous post of mine, that's why I said "- imagine having to monitor BOTH chats blowing up" as something like General coming back would need a watchful eye over. I don't have hardly any staff on my friends list, but it kind of upsets me not seeing the ones I do have online, or not spotting others around aside from one, and generally two others from time-to-time. Not treating General chat as Local chat, but as Bawful said, the things said in local need a mod's attention as they are most likely to find their way into General as well. With my time online and talking to others, I can very much agree to this. It is very clear that they will not listen to another mere member, aside from the very few who heeded my warning when informing them about the rules. Whenever I found myself in those situations however, all I could really do to help the issue was to back down and let them go about before calming down on their own. Basically, one of those small situations where a mod could give them a warning, but not enough for them to be kicked or anything major, aside from escalating the moderation appropriately when need be if they don't comply. Reporting them after the fact wouldn't do as much as catching them in the act, in my eyes.

I agree with quoting Raz rather than, for lack of better words, speak for him on issues. This is why I don't like it when people won't talk to me directly about something involving myself. Things easily get mixed around, rumors can start, and everything is all jumbled. I don't have any ill feelings about Raz, and from what I've heard and seen, it feels like he's trying to do his best to help keep this place alive just as much as the next person.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 03:26:54 am by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Mondevu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2019, 10:22:04 pm »
I will always be pro-General chat. Yes, there were a few people who actively tried ruining it for everyone else, but that's what the block button is there for. Some of my fondest non-RP and non-map-exploring/making memories are with General chat--sometimes even with the staff. One of my favorite moments, which I screenshot, was when there was some argument starting in General and one of the staff completely disarmed it by saying in red angry text, "Calm down and talk about unicorns instead." I think most of General started losing it (as in laughing) at that point. XD Having out of nowhere conversations that are entertaining, making connections with someone all the way across the map without having to be directly next to them or otherwise in Local range was a lot of fun. I do miss it and hope that it one day makes a return.
Custom Markings - Click Here!

Custom Music - Click Here!

Custom Emotes - Click Here!