Author Topic: [PS4] The Last Guardian  (Read 5281 times)

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
[PS4] The Last Guardian
« on: December 20, 2016, 02:08:09 am »
The Last Guardian
What is it?
The Last Guardian is an action/adventure game that recently came out (Release date was December 6th, 2016) for PS4 that was announced long ago, around 7 years ago by Fumito Ueda. It's currently been out for only 13 days and already had a giant fanbase of people who are playing the game themselves, watching let's plays and random scenes online, or reading about it. The game is also related to Ico and Shadow Of The Colossus.

What's it about?
The game follows a young boy (name unknown) who wakes up in a mysterious cave next to a giant creature known to eat humans. It's name and species is called "Trico". It's a mixture of a cat, dog, bird, and griffin and it's very cute. At first, it doesn't trust you but you do a few tasks and it finally trusts you and the game is you and Trico helping each other as you try to reach your goal on top of a tower with many obstacles in your path.

Pictures please?
Warning: There are lots of large images.

More About The Game
Metacritic: 83%
GameSpot: 9/10
IGN.com: 7/10
You can buy the game for around $60.00 at Target and Walmart and for $200.00 on EBay.

Warnings
If you're impatient: This game is not for you. The story is slow-paced and takes it time and of course there are events that are intense and you must act fast but the majority of the game is slowly walking around in puzzle-filled environments with your lovely pet Trico.
Also, the camera controls are pretty wonky and they'll get on your nerves very easily.
Also, sometimes when you try to call over Trico or point him in a certain direction, he won't respond immediately. But, he's an animal and it's pretty understandable and realistic that not all the time will tamed animals listen to you.

Now go safely buy yourself a Trico.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: [PS4] The Last Guardian
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 07:47:52 am »
Is it this one in the video link?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLzUWJ0zk5M ?  i like the visuals.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 07:52:35 am »
Is it this one in the video link?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLzUWJ0zk5M ?  i like the visuals.
Yes, That is the gameplay. I actually really enjoyed the series that he made on this game. Not only is it funny, But it's just a pleasurable game to look at overall. I first saw it on the back of a magazine I used to read every so often, The game looked so visually pleasing, And I couldn't wait for it to be released.
I'm not really one for slow -paced games, But I must say this is one of the best ones I've ever played.
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 10:07:15 am »
My friend only yesterday convinced me to watch this series (played by jacksepticeye mmmyes), and I regret not watching it sooner. Trico is honestly the cutest creature I've ever seen in a videogame, and his inquiries to the environment around him are incredible; specifically the fact that the AI is not scripted, but you can actually communicate with this creature and he has been coded with such detail is amazing. The producers of The Last Guardian have certainly impressed me.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 02:09:28 pm »
This game is so breathtaking! I'm watching Jacksepticeye and Pewdiepie play it. It makes me wish I had a PS4 but I have an Xbox One instead :p

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 12:09:58 am »
Hype hype hype hype hype !!!!!

Offline Fletchling

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • Fletchiing
    • Dexiicon
    • Jobelll
    • Dexiicon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 10:35:47 pm »
I just beat this game about two weeks ago! I'm not at all an emotional person, but this game destroyed me.
Very beautifully done, and definitely worth the hype. This game is hands down my Game of the Year for 2016.
A revolution is knocking on Gotham's door...and I'm here to let it in.

Icon made by Foxlett on DeviantART!

Offline Elipsiar

• Curious Wanderer
  • Don't give up the fight! Stand up for your rights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 06:07:50 am »
Sad that I can't play such a beautiful game due to the fact that I don't have a PS4.
"The enemy could be hiding just about anywhere. Be on your toes," - NiGHTS
NiGHTS and Reala. Always there. <3

Offline Besiege

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 03:03:28 pm »
Never played it myself since I don't have a PS4, but I watched YouTubers play it and it still was an amazing experience. Several sad parts slammed right into me. Now I think I'm slightly obsessed.

Offline TRKRec

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Give us a shot- You only live once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 01:02:12 pm »
I'm late to this topic, but since I run a TLG group, I decided why not.

This game took actually 9 years to develop and came out 2016 (began development in 2007), and the fact it's not known more today/talked about is honestly insane.
The Last Guardian is a game you could binge-watch, and probably not get tired of. I have personally re-watched the series 4-7 times, and if you couldn't tell, loved it so much more each time.
The bond between 'Trico' and the Boy is honestly so well done, and it set my priorities extremely high for other games with the same sort of plot/story.
Sadly, due to the long development of the game, I hardly doubt another one, a movie, or a book will be made on it, which is why I created my RP Group to sort of 'reignite' the love for the game. The Last Guardian really deserved a lot more love than it had, in my opinion. And if you're not one for a slow-pased, emotional, puzzle-game, I still think this game is for anyone who wan'ts to enjoy the visuals, the bond, and more.

Are you ready?...