Author Topic: Returning  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Grimm.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Vessel
    • Vesrimm
    • vesrimm
    • View Profile
Returning
« on: February 19, 2020, 09:53:30 am »
Lifting my hiatus slowly, but surely. My outlook on things and personality have changed drastically since I last introduced myself, so I felt it was appropriate to redo this.

I'm Grimm. I turned 19 in December of last year. I used to play this game actively back in 2012. I'm sad to see that the game is no longer as active as it used to be, but I'm glad it's at least still around. I used to hang out on other Impressive-Title based servers, but almost all of the ones I have been on are completely gone. So it's good this one's still up. I mostly stopped playing due to my old laptop being extraordinarily slow, but I don't actually have much space on this one until I order a new SSD. Although I suppose 40gb of space left should be enough for FH, but I do need a lot of that room for projects.

I'm also a digital artist, since being disabled gives me a lot of time to work on it. I am hoping to learn animation, but since my school doesn't provide classes that allow me to use the program I have (Clip Studio Paint EX), I have to teach myself as usual. I hope my college at least has classes for game design, especially for python and blender, since I plan to use the engine Godot. I haven't started learning python yet due to my focus being for the concept art for my webcomic. (Not published yet, I'm backlogged.)

I think this is a suitable intro? I haven't been active on a forum site since Feralfront. I do poke around the Flight Rising forums, but only about once every few months, so if this is incredibly awkward or too long winded, I apologize for that.

I may still be slow about coming back in every once in a while due to what's going on IRL, but I did finally locate my password for this, so I'll be able to return sometimes.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Returning
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 01:05:48 pm »
Welcome back, Grimm

Sorry your disability limits you from a lot of things, but art is probably one of the most exciting activities out there regardless of physical ability. I also have CSP, the version without all the fancy animation things, so if there's anything I can help you with in that area I'd be happy to try. I use it for the basic Disney drawing, I'm not as fancy as other artists out there.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Grimm.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Vessel
    • Vesrimm
    • vesrimm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 01:58:24 pm »
I've been using CSP EX for a few years, actually, but thank you! I understand how keyframe animation works at least, so I can make things float, but my big issue is the actual linework animation. I can, at least, make full shaded works with backgrounds now. Although I need to practice dynamic poses and other types of backgrounds...

My back agrees with none of this.

SpicyDirt

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 03:04:22 pm »
Ahh Grimm I remember you dearly!

I believe that you and I (my user was lauriej1004 back then) used to hang out and roleplay quite often! It's nice to see you come back to the game. I hope you enjoy what the new community and update has to give!

Offline FriskTheRisk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Also known as BlazeTheLioness
    • BlazeTheLioness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 03:53:51 pm »
Welcome back, Grimm! I was one of the 'old users' as well - I've been around since 2011 or so, namely joined at those two months in which the server was down shortly after the game released). Though I don't think we've met before, I'm looking forward to seeing you in game!

Offline faewyn

• Lady of the Forest
  • Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ᓚᘏᗢ embean
    • f-a-e-w-y-n
    • emxlybeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 11:02:25 pm »
Welcome back to the game! I feel like I remember you...Hmm

Siggy by danysaurus

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 12:17:25 am »
Welcome back to FH! Is always lovely to see users returning to us, and to see a fellow veteran. I hope you enjoy your time around here once again, and that I see you around!

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 04:48:16 am »
Welcome back to FeralHeart! You don't have to be 100% active right from the get-go, no worries. You can take all the time you need and find a comfortable activity level that fits you~

I think it's really neat that you have a webcomic pending! Best of luck on completing it =) I've always wanted to learn animation myself, but I never really got into trying to learn it or to teach myself due to other things taking priority an using up my time. Perhaps someday lmao Anywho, excited to see you around!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Grimm.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Vessel
    • Vesrimm
    • vesrimm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 06:17:17 am »
Ah, I missed the replies!

SpicyDirt, I might not be the same person you remember, sorry! ): I went by either pokemonfan1215 or something similar back then! I also did pop by a few months ago for a while, but with the rate my old laptop was falling apart, I ended up vanishing again.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!