Author Topic: MOTS  (Read 7381 times)

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: MOTS
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2018, 05:57:10 am »
Everyone certainly deserves a chance to be a Member of the Season at some point in their time with FeralHeart.

However, some people are nominated and then continue to be a helpful floof for the community. Not to say some deserve to be re-nominated more than anyone, but on occasion during the nominations period, there is no one else to be nominated but them at the time.

I agree with this idea.
However, if the community chooses the same person, it is in the Staff's responsibility to comply as this is what the community have been asking for.
I also believe that a member of the community who has had MOTS in, say, 2012, at least deserves the spotlight again some years later, i.e 2018. Makes them feel just that extra bit recognised after all their time of helping out.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline BirdyBlu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • `Snuggle Puddle`
    • Ally Nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2018, 07:31:26 am »
MOTS should be allowed re-election, if they work for it they earned it.
Now if they continue to get re-elected to make it fair for those who also work hard it's time to pick someone who is also deserving to make it fair, or people will start screaming favorites. Haha
.: Birdy Blu is just for You! :.

Signature image by @Pocketmutt

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2018, 11:35:00 am »
I think it should at least be updated to a limit of once a year/once every four seasons instead of just every other season. It'd prevent that cycle of the same people getting MOTS every other season and would allow fresh blood, but I do think it'd be fine for people to be renominated once in a while. FH doesn't have that big of a community, especially on the forum, so I think allowing duplicate MOTS wouldn't cause too much harm.
Yes, this wouldn't be as bad, but taking away the previous MOTS chance to be MOTS ever again, at all? That's like throwing meat in a dogs face and them starting the meal and you ripping it away. They definitely deserve to have the chance to be MOTS after so long. Maybe not so close together, but at least a chance to earn the title again is a good feeling when you're being a helpful member to the community.
I might just be misunderstanding your reply, but I think in my post I pretty much said exactly what you're trying to say. I was saying MOTS should have the opportunity to be re-elected, just not within as short of a timespan.
Yeah I explained that a bit weird I was dealing with something IRL, I was basically trying to agree with your comment. Oof. Sorrry about that. Where I said "not getting a chance to be it at all?" was me just throwing in a point is all, not directed at you, love! <3
Ah I see, sorry about that! ^^

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2018, 11:58:18 am »
Im not gonna repeat what’s already been said, but I do think making it a year until a MOTS can get nominated again is a good idea. Even if it’s unlikely for someone to be nominated twice a year, it might put other members at ease, feeling like they’ve got a shot.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2018, 12:03:03 pm »
Im not gonna repeat what’s already been said, but I do think making it a year until a MOTS can get nominated again is a good idea. Even if it’s unlikely for someone to be nominated twice a year, it might put other members at ease, feeling like they’ve got a shot.

I agree. I can already see a lot of users who just started using the Forums and they should have a higher possibility of being a MOTS. :)

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2018, 01:41:52 pm »
Honestly I have no opinion on MOTS. I don't care that much.
But if I had to spit out whose side I'm with, I'd say: Let MOTS be a one time opportunity.
doing what i feel like

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2018, 02:38:32 pm »
Personally, I believe that an user should be eligible to become MOTS only once every two seasons.

For example: If someone was a Spring MOTS, they can't patricipate in the next two seasons, meaning that they can only have the chance to become a Winter MOTS (again).

« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 03:08:12 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2018, 05:38:10 pm »
Personally, I believe that an user should be eligible to become MOTS only once every two seasons.

For example: If someone was a Spring MOTS, they can't patricipate in the next two seasons, meaning that they can only have the chance to become a Winter MOTS (again).

Very much agree!
artwork by dehvina

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2018, 06:26:33 pm »
Tambourine and Scally have made a couple of fair points that should be worth considering.

I, myself, agree partially with the idea in this thread, but before I give my input, let's unpack what constitutes a MOTS. The Member of the Season title is granted mainly to those who have a presence on the forum, remain active, lend a helping hand to those who need it, and are generally just friendly individuals with kind words to say and good ideas to share. These are all loose "requirements," and I say that with quotes because they aren't necessarily requirements at all per se. It's what the title implies first and foremost, but also how you guys gauge members and somewhat decide for yourselves who is and isn't eligible for the title.

With that in mind, wouldn't it make sense to give even previous MOTS the ability to be re-elected if they continue putting in the effort and dedication? This is where I will agree that perhaps the cooldown for re-election can be extended a bit more to give other users a chance, but also keep in mind that users chosen are still based on your input. You (and even us) are given the choice to nominate anyone you see fit, and to see those repeated names in the MOTS Hall of Fame are all dependent on what you guys do, and the users who are currently making a presence on the forum at the time.

We can limit that by providing a few extra rules, yes, and that might resolve the rotation of names issue or the "clique-y" feel this system occasionally results in, which seems to be the main concern here. However, to not have a previous MOTS be nominated ever again is completely off the table, especially with a small community such as this where, on occasion, we are only left with the choice to renominate previous winners if they’re the only ones still around. This doesn’t mean that there aren’t ever any new faces that show up on the Hall of Fame, though! I’ve seen quite a handful of different names up there and not as many repeats as you guys make it sound.

It all simply comes down to the size of the community, who you guys choose based on your own conditions, and the amount of users actually maintaining their activity here on the forum by posting around, being friendly and offering help. I personally don’t believe it’s fair if a member still goes out of their way for the community only to never be acknowledged for it again.

Perhaps we can look into the “previous MOTS can’t be elected again for the next x seasons” that you guys suggested a bit more. With Raz's MOTS proposal, this is certainly something Staff will likely need to discuss in order to compensate for any hiccups down the road and to give everyone a fair chance at this opportunity.

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2018, 06:32:58 pm »
Tambourine and Scally have made a couple of fair points that should be worth considering.

I, myself, agree partially with the idea in this thread, but before I give my input, let's unpack what constitutes a MOTS. The Member of the Season title is granted mainly to those who have a presence on the forum, remain active, lend a helping hand to those who need it, and are generally just friendly individuals with kind words to say and good ideas to share. These are all loose "requirements," and I say that with quotes because they aren't necessarily requirements at all per se. It's what the title implies first and foremost, but also how you guys gauge members and somewhat decide for yourselves who is and isn't eligible for the title.

With that in mind, wouldn't it make sense to give even previous MOTS the ability to be re-elected if they continue putting in the effort and dedication? This is where I will agree that perhaps the cooldown for re-election can be extended a bit more to give other users a chance, but also keep in mind that users chosen are still based on your input. You (and even us) are given the choice to nominate anyone you see fit, and to see those repeated names in the MOTS Hall of Fame are all dependent on what you guys do, and the users who are currently making a presence on the forum at the time.

We can limit that by providing a few extra rules, yes, and that might resolve the rotation of names issue or the "clique-y" feel this system occasionally results in, which seems to be the main concern here. However, to not have a previous MOTS be nominated ever again is completely off the table, especially with a small community such as this where, on occasion, we are only left with the choice to renominate previous winners if they’re the only ones still around. This doesn’t mean that there aren’t ever any new faces that show up on the Hall of Fame, though! I’ve seen quite a handful of different names up there and not as many repeats as you guys make it sound.

It all simply comes down to the size of the community, who you guys choose based on your own conditions, and the amount of users actually maintaining their activity here on the forum by posting around, being friendly and offering help. I personally don’t believe it’s fair if a member still goes out of their way for the community only to never be acknowledged for it again.

Perhaps we can look into the “previous MOTS can’t be elected again for the next x seasons” that you guys suggested a bit more. With Raz's MOTS proposal, this is certainly something Staff will likely need to discuss in order to compensate for any hiccups down the road and to give everyone a fair chance at this opportunity.

Thank you much for this post Pan! Explained very well and such. Hope to hear more about it all soon.
artwork by dehvina